Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 9/29/2019 at 3:42 PM, Payload4367 said:

Here is a demo map for an Aliens total conversion. You can also use the pk3 file with most other wads to make them into "alien" experiences. Still a work in progress.

And some gameplay:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks brother

I have another question I'm playing these on my android. Well it's an app called freedoom and I was playing the star wars doom on it so I know it works with certain mods as long as it ends with .deh or .wad. Well for some reason it's not working with .pk3. It's gonna be hard but could someone explain this stuff to me like I'm a 4 year old that was dropped on its head? I don't know what .deh or .wad or .pk3 means. With the Star Wars wad when I downloaded the file I extracted it then moved all of the files to the freedoom wads folder and it works. However I can't extract the Robocop.pk3 file? I'm very confused lol 

2 hours ago, RoadKill666 said:

I have another question I'm playing these on my android. Well it's an app called freedoom and I was playing the star wars doom on it so I know it works with certain mods as long as it ends with .deh or .wad. Well for some reason it's not working with .pk3. It's gonna be hard but could someone explain this stuff to me like I'm a 4 year old that was dropped on its head? I don't know what .deh or .wad or .pk3 means. With the Star Wars wad when I downloaded the file I extracted it then moved all of the files to the freedoom wads folder and it works. However I can't extract the Robocop.pk3 file? I'm very confused lol 

.wad is a classic file format, the one that the original engine supported. It contains levels, sprites, textures, music, sounds... Maybe a few more things. I don't remember the exact list.

.deh are files for DeHacked, a program that was used to edit code in the original engine, allowing for custom weapons, custom enemy actions, and a bunch of other tiny details. Look for that name in the wiki I linked you in the other post if you want to know everything it could do.

.pk3 are a new format that is only supported by the Zdoom port and its derivatives. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd bet that no Android port supports it, other than maybe that one paid one that's only available in the Amazon app store or something. Don't know its name though, sorry.

I'm looking for an old map from the 90's. It had a lot of the brown pipe texture, and I'm sure there were windows to the outside world.. My memory of the map is really vague, but I've attempted to recreate the starting room to the best of my ability:

Screenshot_Doom_20191001_181508.png.8d0650355f240aa5e0cc65d1f1c8b15d.png

This is one of the last two wads from my childhood I can't remember, the other being a few deathmatch maps that were well detailed for the time and used Heretic/Hexen textures, specifically the stained glass and grey stone type textures, and a lot of water around as well. Vague description I know, the memory is very blurry, it would have been about 20-22 years ago.

20 hours ago, Albertoni said:

.wad is a classic file format, the one that the original engine supported. It contains levels, sprites, textures, music, sounds... Maybe a few more things. I don't remember the exact list.

.deh are files for DeHacked, a program that was used to edit code in the original engine, allowing for custom weapons, custom enemy actions, and a bunch of other tiny details. Look for that name in the wiki I linked you in the other post if you want to know everything it could do.

.pk3 are a new format that is only supported by the Zdoom port and its derivatives. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd bet that no Android port supports it, other than maybe that one paid one that's only available in the Amazon app store or something. Don't know its name though, sorry.

Man you are a big help, I'm surprised at what I am allowed to play on a cheap phone (LG Rebel $60) I'm about 3 levels in on the Avactor Wad. It's a little laggy, but hell I'm making pretty good ground in it. Yeah I looked into downloading Gzdoom with no luck, even if I download it I don't know what mother app to use for format. I was really wanting to play a half life wad. Alas, I'm screwed. Time to invest in a PC. I never realised how awesome Wads were until now. Thanks again.

Speaking of an alien mod. i remember hearing this one in a alien vs predator vs terminator 2? (or was aliens 2?) for doom2:

im trying to find the original mod (or old version of the mod) which map have this song in particular on it (i dont remember if it was map02 or map05) i think i downloaded a mod that have the map but not the song which dissapointed me because i like how the song was pretty well timed, by the time you reach the door and opening the song was already on it catchy part after the opening.  without the song the map lost it magic for me :c

anyway, kudos to the guy who decided to use this song on such map and timed it well.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:05 AM, Chainie said:

Actually map31- map32 is the slaughterfest Pyramid level. I just played them.

So, funny enough, this is not the level I was thinking of- but it has to be by the same author as the one I'm thinking of. It has the same "overgrown technology" look to it, chaotic level layout AND the same "kill the hidden Commander Keens to open the secret exit" puzzle. If I recall right the level has a central + corridor with large areas in a circle around it and at one point a small cramped dark hallway maze.

I believe the WAD set its from has the level 15 secret exit down a hallway near the regular exit. Leaving either secret level brings you back to that same hallway to go to the proper level 16 exit. It's a UAC techbase level.

@diosoth: the WAD onscreen at 2:01  in the video is Hellbound, m31 I believe . Not by the same author(s) as Speed of Doom (as linked by Chainie), but the level shown is made in direct homage/tribute to one of the secret levels from that mapset.

What was the final version of Doom Center released? I have 3 files with no idea which one is the latest or if they are the most recent(I would assume 85 but that's a best guess)

doomcenter-b7e.wad

Doomcenter-b7p_edit.pk3

doomcenter-b85e.pk3

edit- I found doomcenter-b89a.pk3, doomcenter-b90a.pk3 and doomcenter-b90b.pk3 on wad-archive.com, UNFORTUNATELY nothing I have will run them. Skulltag gives the following error on all 3 of these versions-

"Script error, "doomcenter-b90b.pk3:doomcenter-b90b.wad:WEAPONS" line 4348:
Invalid state parameter a_setpitch"

and I can't get any version to run in even the latest Zandronum. Is there a magic version of either port that will actually run these?

Edited by diosoth

On 10/1/2019 at 9:01 AM, Albertoni said:

other than maybe that one paid one that's only available in the Amazon app store or something. Don't know its name though, sorry.

Well there is a GZDoom (free) Android build someone on Github that partially supports loading .pk3 file.

The one you mention is called Delta Touch, only available on Google Play Store now.

I'm trying to remember what that one GZDoom mod was called where it basically got rid of all of the monsters, except it automatically gave you all the keys unlocked every door in a map. Yes, I know you could either type "kill monsters" and "give keys" or select no monsters in the gameplay menue, and it'll give you the same effect, but I think this mod does some really specific things in it.

Has there been such a thing as a "Major Texture Alignment Project" for the IWADs? One where a pedantic individual fixes every misaligned texture in the official maps.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:35 AM, Z0k said:

Speaking of an alien mod. i remember hearing this one in a alien vs predator vs terminator 2? (or was aliens 2?) for doom2:

im trying to find the original mod (or old version of the mod) which map have this song in particular on it (i dont remember if it was map02 or map05) i think i downloaded a mod that have the map but not the song which dissapointed me because i like how the song was pretty well timed, by the time you reach the door and opening the song was already on it catchy part after the opening.  without the song the map lost it magic for me :c

anyway, kudos to the guy who decided to use this song on such map and timed it well.

Not sure if that's what you mean, but the song was used in E1M1 of Galaxia, though that WAD has nothing to do with Alien...

On 10/15/2019 at 1:01 AM, Lizardcommando said:

I'm trying to remember what that one GZDoom mod was called where it basically got rid of all of the monsters, except it automatically gave you all the keys unlocked every door in a map. Yes, I know you could either type "kill monsters" and "give keys" or select no monsters in the gameplay menue, and it'll give you the same effect, but I think this mod does some really specific things in it.

JP LeBreton's Tourism Deluxe?

I played a WAD long time ago (2010?).

This WAD had 32 maps, many customs monsters and guns. On map 30 is a big circle arena and in the midle is icon of sin.

As I remember, this WAD havent archviles but have big boss "big grey female" like in spoiler and some dinosaurus. This is no female wad or something

Can someone reminds name of WADs?

Spoiler

TITLEPIC.BMP

Second attempt.  There was a wad I downloaded something like a decade ago, and it was 5-10 years old even then.  It was a multi-level wad.  One level about 7 or 9 maps in had a big open area with a structure in it made with a white marble texture.  Out of the doors on the sides of the structure came Arch-Viles.  This is all I can remember clearly.  Pretty sure the whole thing had some nice architecture and I think it represented a trip through a world.  Like one level might have had some caves, and I think at one point you cross a stream?  But the most important thing is the white marble structure.

does anyone remember a mod that added new sounds so that monsters did not share sound effects?

Is there a separate weapon only mod from brutal doom/Project brutality?

I want to use those weapon set with other mod.

1 minute ago, marina2 said:

Is there a separate weapon only mod from brutal doom/Project brutality?

I want to use those weapon set with other mod.

Apparently, there is no such things. The closest thing you are going to get is this mod:
Weapon of Saturn

..which is decent imo.

A weapon only pack may exist however, but for the record, I recommend this.

5 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Apparently, there is no such things. The closest thing you are going to get is this mod:
Weapon of Saturn

..which is decent imo.

A weapon only pack may exist however, but for the record, I recommend this.

Checked video and it looks interesting. I will try it out. Thanks you.

Does someone know from which wad this picture is? Found it on image search engine and have only numbers in name. It looks bitt familliar especially the hud but that all what my memory will allowe me.

MfaUeL5.png

9 minutes ago, Roofi said:

Scythe 2

F*ck me really, i played that so many times and i forget. I'm done with myself. Thank you Roofi

Edited by Marlamir

Does anyone remember a Beavis and Butthead Christmas Doom wad? I can’t remember where I found it. I thought I found it on doom power or Iddqd.ru but it does not seem to be there anymore. It had new levels, with levels mainly taking place outside weapon changes I believe the pistol was a slingshot and I think dialog boxes. 

I’ve been trying to find this again for quite sometime. I don’t think I dreamed this. If anyone remembers it or knows where can I find it please let me know.

Never mind found it. It was called Doom Do Christmas

Edited by Spooner5020

Now I'm looking for another wad. I think this one was on the archives,but I can't remember the name. It was a Jdoom/Doomsday mod. It took place in the antarctic or some frozen snowy place. I remembered you had mission objectives and I think you had to restore power to a facility or something. Weapons were changed and there were new monsters. I have not been able to find this and I would like to play it again. If anyone knows what it's called please let me know.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, Spooner5020 said:

Now I'm looking for another wad. I think this one was on the archives,but I can't remember the name. It was a Jdoom/Doomsday mod. It took place in the antarctic or some frozen snowy place. I remembered you had mission objectives and I think you had to restore power to a facility or something. Weapons were changed and there were new monsters. I have not been able to find this and I would like to play it again. If anyone knows what it's called please let me know.

Cold as Hell? Although that's for ZDoom.