Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Grateful for any help, this wad was awesome.

The wad starts atop a ravine and makes its way around it in a horseshoe, with plenty of mancubus and arch-vile battles along the way. Had a kind of abandoned jungle base feel to it.

At the end of the wad, you end up at the bottom of the ravine near a red-key exit. To gain the red key you fight your way up the narrow-ish ravine with water texture on the floor and jungle / vines surrounding on the walls. Upon getting the red key at the top, you descend back down the ravine again to get to the exit, except tonnes of barons, revenants, lost souls and cacos spawn in.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:23 AM, InDOOMnesia said:

I don't know if somebody has made this and released it for public, but is there a Sega Saturn port status bar mod? I'm not a big fan of the PSX port status bar, what with the terribly scaled face sprites...

It's in my Rabid's Crap mods...requested it from somebody who extracted it on the ZDoom forums.  Rabid's Crap 8 is the most advanced so far. https://www.moddb.com/mods/rabids-crap-v20.  If you want the least changes possible, go with version 1, which has its own link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/rabids-crap/.

Or you could just extract what you want and make your own file.

@rabidrage Wow, looks like a good console DOOM mash-up, like a slightly more advanced Console DOOM! Thank you.

Thanks!  I've always thought that was the one advantage Saturn had--it had the best status bar.  Of course, I was obsessed with finding something good about all of them, because my best friend had a PC in the 90s and I didn't.  For 3DO it was the music.

Rabid's Crap starts mashing in other things as well, but the early ones pack in lots of console stuff.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, Egg Boy said:

I remember seeing this more recent megawad that started in a city, and people were really surprised it was vanilla for some reason. It had neat shapes... that's all I remember but I really want to find this WAD.

I want to give an update on this specific WAD, as I have found it. And, it turns out, it was not a Megawad, but a single map. I have no idea where I got the impression that it was a megawad. Anyhow, it's Altitude.wad by Tourniquet. I was playing his new map today for a minute or so before thinking "man, this feels just like that WAD I was looking for!" Lo and behold, I look into his catalog of maps, and find Altitude, which is exactly the wad I was looking for. Great map btw (haven't finished it yet).

Throwing this one out there yet again to see if anybody can identify it.

I downloaded it in the early 2000s, think it might have been made in the late 90s.  Not sure.  Actually, I'm not sure about much!  So please bear with me.  I think it was a later level (like 09+) in a megawad.  You're coming out of a cavern and you go up some really wide steps that have imps on them.  Then you come to a giant outdoor area where they're fireballing you from, like, so far away that they're specks.  Parked at the far end of this outdoor area is a big structure with a custom white marble texture.  Up some steps at the side of the structure is a door that multiple Arch-Viles come out of.

What wad is this??

There's a wad I'm looking for, it was a sort of free roam aspect. I remember in the beginning you started in a room of teleporters that took you to the different areas. It used custom textures, and I remember it had a lot of castle themed moments in it. I don't know if this is too vague or not, but I'm curious if anybody else knows it. I think it was a moderately successful map, it was nonlinear.

53 minutes ago, Crazyhorse1969 said:

There's a wad I'm looking for, it was a sort of free roam aspect. I remember in the beginning you started in a room of teleporters that took you to the different areas. It used custom textures, and I remember it had a lot of castle themed moments in it. I don't know if this is too vague or not, but I'm curious if anybody else knows it. I think it was a moderately successful map, it was nonlinear.

That actually could be one of my older levels. Not a castle, but the rest fits :) http://windward.dk/TDR/?page_id=537

On 3/3/2020 at 2:33 PM, nelguy said:

What about one where you play as Caleb and you have all of Blood's ORIGINAL weapons (No revolver or stuff like that, just the everyday OG Blood 1 weapons)

You'll want Samsara EX(I think?) which is a continuation of the Samsara project. Caleb wasn't added in initially as it was intended to be a multiplayer mod and the creator wanted variety in player tupes, but others eventually took over and released their own expanded version with more characters later on. It's not 100% like playing Blood's weapons in Blood as some things are slightly off in the Doom engine, but it's about 95%.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, Crazyhorse1969 said:

This sounds like Erik Alm's EUROPA 2. The first was castle-themed but used all stock textures. EAEURO02 uses the Gothic texture pack and starts with something like six different teleporter destinations. EDIT: if this is a BDL con to see whether I'd played something that would have been next, logically, on my itinerary then i am disappointed

Edited by kmxexii

Looking for a WAD with only small maps. It was the outcome of some challenge of sorts. I cannot remember clearly. The maps where small and hilarious compact while being well made, gameplay and design-wise. Each map was made by another person, as far as i can remember. Anyway, if you have a clue let me know.

19 hours ago, MSX said:

Looking for a WAD with only small maps. It was the outcome of some challenge of sorts. I cannot remember clearly. The maps where small and hilarious compact while being well made, gameplay and design-wise. Each map was made by another person, as far as i can remember. Anyway, if you have a clue let me know.

Congestion 1024 perhaps?

5 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Congestion 1024 perhaps?

That hit the nail on the head. Thank you !!! Will run this with insane RNG juice and CD. I will love it.

Im trying to make levels for Doom 2 on Doom builder 2 and I can't seem to find the wad file for Doom 2. I got the game off of steam and I put in the only wad file I see for it, but whenever I go to test the level. Nothing happens.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\DOOM2.WAD

8 hours ago, Hachi-Roku said:

Im trying to make levels for Doom 2 on Doom builder 2 and I can't seem to find the wad file for Doom 2. I got the game off of steam and I put in the only wad file I see for it, but whenever I go to test the level. Nothing happens.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\DOOM2.WAD

First of all, I think you should switch to a newer version of Doom Builder. I've personally switched to Ultimate Doom Builder.

Anyway, back on topic. This video explains the Doom editing basics. If I remember correctly, he talks about the location of the iwad files within the first 10 mins or so. He covers a lot of important things in this video in a very understandable and userfriendly way. Highly recommendable if you're new to all of this :)

On dimanche 23 février 2020 at 2:09 AM, Rockethero15 said:

There was this map pack with custom monsters that were mostly headless, and also had enemies which were the heads attached to robotic spider legs. I can't remember the name. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about

Kopflos maybe ?

I'm going out on a stretch here but theres a doom 2 mod that has doom eternal and doom 2016 weapons together found it on the doom discord but i cant post there so i went here. Thanks in advance. 

Are there any WADs which provide team deathmatches with some specific objectives and friendly/non-friendly NPC involved? Like in DOTA: there are 2 teams, both have NPC hordes fighting each other and real players who influence the outcome. I'm not a fan of this game, but it's the clearest example I can think of.

A wad where you start in a crashed spaceship and its made up of incredibly detailed linedefs. The whole wad is extremely detailed like this. I remember one level youre in a cave with diggers. I'm not sure but I think its a BOOM compatible wad, no slopes or anything

13 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

A wad where you start in a crashed spaceship and its made up of incredibly detailed linedefs. The whole wad is extremely detailed like this. I remember one level youre in a cave with diggers. I'm not sure but I think its a BOOM compatible wad, no slopes or anything

This is almost certainly Phobos: Anomaly Reborn

Anyone know where I can find this wad: 

The link the the OP no longer works. I’m looking for either this specific WAD or something similar. Basically something that includes all console exclusive doom/doom 2 levels. (xbox, PSX, saturn, GBA, Atari Jaguar, and 3DO).

16 hours ago, deadlife101 said:

Anyone know where I can find this wad: 

The link that doesn't work anymore is to this forum. Looks to me like it was purposefully removed, so it's probably not a good idea to be asking for it now.

I found something that I think is probably the same thing, so I'll give you just the post's text, not the downloads:

E1M10: Sewers, secret level accessed from E1M1: Hangar (Original Console: Xbox)

E2M10: Hell Gate, accessed from E2M7: Spawning Vats (Original Console: Atari Jaguar)

E2M11: Hell's Keep, accessed from E2M10: Hell Gate (Original Console: Atari Jaguar)

E4M10: Twilight Descends, accessed from E4M8: Unto the Cruel (Original Console: Playstation)

E4M11: Threshold of Pain, accessed from E4M10: Twilight Descends (Original Console: Playstation)

E4M12: The Marshes, secret level accessed from E4M10: Twilight Descends (Original Console: Playstation)

DM01-DM08 - 8 Deathmach maps accessible only through console commands (Original Console: Gameboy Advance)

MAP33: Betray, secret level accessible from MAP02: Underhalls (Original Console: Xbox)

MAP34: Redemption Denied, accessible from MAP29: The Living End (Original Console: Playstation)

MAP35: The Mansion, secret level accessible from MAP16: Suburbs (Original Console: Playstation)

MAP36: Club DOOM, accessible from MAP35: The Mansion (Original Console: Playstation)

MAP91-99: No Rest for the Living episode(Original Console: Xbox)*

My guess is that the inclusion of No Rest for the Living was the reason it got shitcanned.