Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for this extremely obscure weapon and monster replacer wad:
- It was compatible with Skulltag/Zandronum
- One of the weapons was a throwable Blood Orb, similar from that one from Zen Dynamics (however the orb floated on the marine's hand)
- There was a tommygun from Blood, without the altfire
- There was a super shotgun based on Doom 3's style
- I believe it had a monster replacement wad that game together with the weapon wad in the same zip
- The Megasphere/Soulsphere was sometimes replaced by one of four rings that would fire a powerful stream of elemental energy corresponded to it's color. All the four rings could be merged into one powerful ring by using it's alt-fire
- A few weapons/monsters from Realm 667

3 hours ago, Faxed Head said:

Umbra of Fate v1.2? All DL links even the reuploads in the forum pages are dead.

@Remilia Scarlet's website was suspended by its host, unfortunately. Hopefully she can get it back online later?

The page where it was found is on archive.org, but the file itself, not.

The relevant info because it contains name, size and SHA1 hash of the ZIP files, so if you do find it somewhere you can check that it's the last version.

Spoiler
  • Freaky Panties
    Version: 1.0
    Release Date: 10 July 2018
    Freaky Panties is an experimental level that adjusts itself to how well you’re playing.  If you’re playing well, it will get a bit harder.  Likewise, if you start to die too often, it will scale back the difficulty bit by bit automatically.  Occasionally the level will also try to gently increase the difficulty back up.  Essentially I tried to make the map adjust itself without ever having to set a monster or item to only appear on certain difficulty settings.  This requires GZDoom v3.4 or later.
    ZIP File: fpanties.zip (8.3 MB)
    Readme File: README
    SHA1: 00d26f60e2d379d0833d4e8ed47a48ee800028c1
  • Umbra of Fate
    Version: 1.2
    Release Date: 8 November 2018 (original release date was 1 May 2018)
    Umbra of Fate is a large single-player level and the prequel to Shadows of The Nightmare Realm.  You play as the Doomguy’s dad, who is on his way home from a hunting trip when mysterious things start happening to him.  This requires GZDoom v3.4 or later.
    ZIP File: uof.zip (40 MB)
    SHA1: bec8887bb9213e2bd6458e5cad139bd5b4798a9b
  • Shadows of The Nightmare Realm
    Release Date: 25 May 2017
    Shadows of The Nightmare Realm (SoTNR) is a set of single-player levels influenced by Lovecraft and Quake.  The levels take place within the Doomguy’s dreams, which are being manipulated by the Elder Gods.  It includes new sounds, new music (written by me), and new graphics.  This requires GZDoom v2.4 or later.
    SoTNR won an award in the 2017 Cacowards on Doomworld.
    ZIP File: sotnr.zip (35 MB)
    SHA1: 72f62e36229b959fd958585c4181cdb76a9afc68
  • Extreme Terror
    Release Date: 19 March 2016
    Extreme Terror is a single-player level inspired by the visual style of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.  It includes new sounds, music (written by me), and graphics.  This requires GZDoom.
    ZIP File: exterror.zip (25 MB)
    SHA1: a9650d8ccebdad0ad3c4a0fd475a780b5a649b10
  • One Doomed Marine
    Version: 1.1
    Release Date: April 2010
    The lone marine up on Phobos wasn’t the only one in trouble the day the invasion started.  Another lone marine, who had just transferred into the Arizona Space Marine Starport, also found themselves alone and the base overrun with demons.
    One Doomed Marine is a single-player level and requires Doomsday Engine. I eventually plan to update this for use with GZDoom.
    Download: odm-v1.1.zip (28 MB)
    SHA1: 0d2fc1370bf36dbff41731495dd087d32530dc53

On 3/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, Faxed Head said:

Umbra of Fate v1.2?

This link does work right now.

https://alexa.partition36.com/files/doom/uof.zip

On 3/27/2020 at 5:11 PM, deadlife101 said:

I’m looking for either this specific WAD

Its author posted a message yesterday, so I guess one could request a legalised version without the nerve.wad maps.

OK looking for a limit-removing map, played at least five years ago. May be older than this, but probably post-2010:

General

Not a standard texture set, but very colourful. Though not garish, and very well done as I don't remember texture misaligns etc. Sort of reminded me of '50s sci-fi crossed with oriental? I *think* it implemented 3d floors, though that might be an incorrect memory if level design used fake floors (though definitely not invisible teleporters and  several maps).

Fairly sure it was a single D2 map rather than a megawad.

It also probably had custom (flying?) monsters, though it was the level design that I remember most strongly. 

Details I remember

I don't recall the orientation, so I'll assume the below.

- You started in a narrow corridor, quite brightly lit.

- (reminded me a bit of some of the maps for Serious Sam 1st/2nd encounter in style?)

- after a short way up this corridor (no side rooms?) you came out of a door into a HUUUGE room. As the door opened, you could see, to your right, in the massive room was a huge closed door.

- I *think* there was a large, slightly sunken demonic picture on the floor of this room?

- The switch I think was in a secret room on the opposite wall of the room, like so:

a.png.b66eb10e50770aa92f46cb6e0061b398.png

- once the door is triggered, it SLOWLY opens (sideways?) and a crap-ton of cacos (I think) come at you (from the ceiling?). You cannot go through the door for a bit so you need to battle them.

- when the door is open, you see a sort of sci-fi/city/highway with a big central platform running up the length of the roadway. It is very large and I think had various side parts, though I don't recall the details. Something like this?: 

b.png.86f21996f0fb2a727f2195a340457c10.png

- the palette sort of reminded me of Heretic (but I don't think the textures were from Heretic) and the architecture was very ornate. The central raised platform was built sort of like a bridge? Certainly not a solid block. Possibly ladder implementations?

- I also think there was a way up onto/near the top of the big fucking door after you had gone through?

- There were a number of side rooms/passages. One I think was into a fairly large and intricate walled garden type thing, possibly with two sections linked by a tunnel?

- It definitely carried on (going  East in my map) past what I have sketched, but I don't really remember any details other than there were more side tasks/rooms to find keys/switches etc. in order to progress.

There did seem to be quite a bit of high-up places, at least early on. It also seemed to get very hard after a while - possibly a bit slaughtery? I do recall waves of many (flying?) monsters.

I don't really remember much else, other than it was really big and very nice looking.

Any suggestions as I'd love to get hold of this map again.

Thanks

Edited by smeghammer : remembered more

The wad I'm trying to find was a gaint open space hub where you could access a lot of classic 90's wads. And its quite recent, I believe...

2 minutes ago, DSC said:

The wad I'm trying to find was a gaint open space hub where you could access a lot of classic 90's wads. And its quite recent, I believe...

It's called Doom Compendium 

18 minutes ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

It's called Doom Compendium 

Thanks!

I need help finding a wad I played a while ago, as far as I know it was just one map

some things I remember

- played it in the early to mid 2010s

- ZDoom

- Big city area

- Most of the buildings were gray

- Very foggy

- Little to no enemies

- Blue theme

- Might have been snowy/rainy

- Might have been an underground area somewhere, like a parking lot of some sort

4 hours ago, himalayanapplebutter said:

I need help finding a wad I played a while ago, as far as I know it was just one map

some things I remember

- played it in the early to mid 2010s

- ZDoom

- Big city area

- Most of the buildings were gray

- Very foggy

- Little to no enemies

- Blue theme

- Might have been snowy/rainy

- Might have been an underground area somewhere, like a parking lot of some sort

Are you talking about doom center 1 an 2

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

Are you talking about doom center 1 an 2

No, i don't remember it changing the weapons/gameplay much if at all, and doom center 1 and 2 definitely aren't nearly as foggy or blue as I remember

Trying to find a single-player WAD where you start a map at a random starting position (it's not constant). Please, help!

2 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

Trying to find a single-player WAD where you start a map at a random starting position (it's not constant). Please, help!

IIRC Mouldy Old Void does this

1 hour ago, kmxexii said:

IIRC Mouldy Old Void does this

Yes, it does.

So far the only map I've seen that does it. Since it requires a GZDoom MAPINFO option to work (otherwise, you just get voodoo dolls) it's kind of rare.

Anyone know the name of a map pack that had a bunch of arena-like maps? If I'm not mistake it was called "[something(I'm assuming the mapper's name)] odyssey", and loading it with gzdoom it was divided into two episodes iirc, something like "original maps", and "[something] new adventure", among those lines.

By "arena-like" I mean that they didn't have much in the way of key hunting or mazes, they were usually very open areas with lots of monsters in them.

I remember the first map you moved through a bunch of corridors who were all connected together, and also to a chamber in the middle of the map where the exit was. And another map later on where almost all of the floor was blood.

Hello!
I'm looking for an WAD for Doom I. It's a level where you begin in a large corridor with brown-textured walls. Behind you is a fake wall you can walk through to find cave-like premises while ahead, around the corner there is an elevator which lifts you way up to another premises where you are confronted by three barons of hell.
It would be great to play it again.

Hi, i'm looking for a mappack that i forgot the name of, i remember a very specific part of one of the maps: small 3d city in the distance with a huge sign that said "Welcome to Seattle" that you could see from a high ground, like this. Thanks in advance if it sparks anyone's memory.

Edited by unno

Ayo!

I'm trying to find this one wad that's been on the tip of my tongue. It was in Joel's Doom Mapping Contest 2016, and I remember it had like a retextured Cacodemon with an even creepier design.

Creepy cacodemon from 2016, I'm tempted to suggest dead.air but I don't remember if it was a Vinesauce contestant or not. Also, most monsters were resprited to be extra-creepy, not just the cacodemon.

Edit: I checked, and it was second place in the contest.

Edited by Gez

I was playing Scythe X again for the first time since around the time when it came out and I was sure that there was another level after the space ones end. I remember it beginning on a dark, rocky outcrop surrounded by nukage or some other liquid and there were these gasbag type enemies not dissimilar from the pain-elemental type ones you encounter at the end of level 10. There were also teleporters that took you to other areas but that's about all I remember. It was striking because of how different it looked from the other levels in the scythe series.

Now obviously I seem to be conflating scythe x with another wad which I must have played about the same time because now I'm scratching my head wondering how I could misremember something like that. 

Hi all !

Please help me to find one map for Doom Legacy.

Many-many-many years ago I have created cs_assault map for Doom Legacy. That's was a really interesting experience - my first map with 3D floors and textures from Counter-Strike. And it was really fun deathmatching with my friends on that map. But now I can't find it (

As I remember I have post WAD on doomnation.com site, but this site has been died a long time ago. The same thing with newdoom.com (

I searched on many WAD-archives but with no luck. Maybe somebody has that map?