Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 4/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

called "[something(I'm assuming the mapper's name)] odyssey",

Do you mean 2002 ADO ('A doom odyssey')?

This is all 4 ultimate doom replcaement mapset.

Trying to find a particular Ultimate Doom episode again.

- It was a 9-level episode as I recall.

- The sky was a recolored Inferno sky, in brown or tan.

- The level designs were kind of riffs on the id levels for the most part.  I recall a pseudo Phobos Lab and a pseudo Mount Erebus in particular.

- Classic style, can't remember if it was vanilla-compatible or not, but Boom at most.

- Came out sometime in the '00s, want to say 2007 for whatever reason but not totally sure, thereabouts.

Not much info from my memory, but i remember it was:
- few level wad (9 levels more or less)
- every 2-3 levels there was a "hub level" which was changing while we progress through the wad
- hub level had brown (tech base?) textures
- in that "hub level" there were enemies (zombies, imps, maybe cacodeamons)

4 hours ago, Aaron03071991 said:

Not much info from my memory, but i remember it was:
- few level wad (9 levels more or less)
- every 2-3 levels there was a "hub level" which was changing while we progress through the wad
- hub level had brown (tech base?) textures
- in that "hub level" there were enemies (zombies, imps, maybe cacodeamons)

Classic episode 2? https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/a-c/class_e2

I have been trying very hard to find some level sets. I know there was 2, they were skulltag heavy iirc, and they were void/surreal maps, very otherworldly and strange, IIRC it was around the 2000s, early when they came out, and the music was odd too, yet calming

Megawad, no new assets, pretty sure it's after MAP10

I'm pretty sure it's from a recognizably popular megawad. I think I first played it somewhere around 2017-2018; I've played and downloaded so many wads since then that reading names doesn't conjure up much in my memory.

map.png

On 5/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Trying to find a particular Ultimate Doom episode again.

- It was a 9-level episode as I recall.

- The sky was a recolored Inferno sky, in brown or tan.

- The level designs were kind of riffs on the id levels for the most part.  I recall a pseudo Phobos Lab and a pseudo Mount Erebus in particular.

- Classic style, can't remember if it was vanilla-compatible or not, but Boom at most.

- Came out sometime in the '00s, want to say 2007 for whatever reason but not totally sure, thereabouts.

Went digging around, looks like it was almost certainly Planet Hell although I may have been recalling an earlier release as "Base of Evil".

I`m looking for a Doom 1 wad with 3 new episodes. It was released with the last 6 months or something. Its not Deathless.

6 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

@BMWAG65321

Not all details fit but the description strongly reminds me of TNT map27 (Mount Pain).

Yep, that's it! That's really embarrassing with TNT being my favorite iwad. Really shows I haven't played iwads enough, and why no names sounded fitting scrolling through my pwad list.

Edited by BMWAG65321

I’m planning on making an area of my map have extensive crusher use, but I have no idea how to design an interesting arena with multiple crushers. 

If any of y’all know of any WADd that have extensive crusher use, could you point me in their direction so I can get some inspiration for my design please?

22 hours ago, Gez said:

Lunar Catastrophe?

I played it already, its something else. Still thx for help.

Hello there, everyone. I need to find one specific WAD, but I don't know very many details about it. It's not very old, a megawad, and has very cool heaven theme levels. pluz, hulp mi, I need it only because of heaven theme.

59 minutes ago, PupaLupa228 said:

Hello there, everyone. I need to find one specific WAD, but I don't know very many details about it. It's not very old, a megawad, and has very cool heaven theme levels. pluz, hulp mi, I need it only because of heaven theme.

Eviternity?

I accidentally deleted an episode replacement for doom 1, possibly all episodes remade, and  i cant remember wat its called, but it was very well made, very professional. e1m1 was classic doom episode 1 graphics and started you out at the start of a short wide hallway with an armor to the right in a brief wider area of the short path. It led to a stairway leading down left and opened up into a big area with some crates and you can see immediately to the left and ahead a higher area with a wat looks like cast iron bar fence, monsters everywhere. To the right was a smaller area room that had 2, maybe 3 doors, some needing keycards. 

I wanna play it and have searched for days. Idk where i got it and idu why such a wellmade wad is so illusive. 

Pls help 😣 

Thank you. 

If this accidental deletion occurred recently, then it might be simplest to use data recovery. I've always found PhotoRec easy to use and reliable.

18 hours ago, Grazza said:

If this accidental deletion occurred recently, then it might be simplest to use data recovery. I've always found PhotoRec easy to use and reliable.

It was on my phone 😔