Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

6 hours ago, Ola J said:

Wads for Doom2 with episodes? 

Currently playing through Eviternity (awesome!) and I really like the fact that it's divided into episodes, despite being a Doom2 MegaWad.

I haven't checked, but I think maybe Scythe 2 is also divided into episodes this way? Are there any other (good) wads (for Doom2) that are episodic?

By episodic I mean "episodes selectable from a menu when you choose New Game", btw. I know that Doom2 itself is sort of divided into episodes, but that's not what I'm after. 

This really isn't the right place for this question. This thread is if you were looking for a specific mapset. So, you may actually get a better response if you were to post this as a separate thread in Wads & Mods, asking the same question.

That being said, while Scythe 2 is separated into six 5-map episodes, each one ending with a death exit, there is no episode selection menu in Scythe 2. My understanding is that, in general, the MAPINFO must be written to support this sort of episode selection. And it would work in ZDoom and GZDoom (it might work in Eternity, too, but I don't know). I don't think that Boom, and certainly not vanilla/limit-removing, would support it.

The only mapsets that come to mind that have this sort of episode selection screen are:

• The Modest Mapping Challenge 1
    • The four episodes for this 32-map megawad can be selected from the start menu in ZDoom and GZDooom, but you can also play through normally in Crispy, Boom, etc., starting from Map 01, with death exits after Maps 06, 11, and 20.
  • Knightmare: 4800 Hell Knights
    • This is a 21-map UDMF set, so it is only playable in GZDoom, but it has episode selection from the start menu.
  • Joy of Mapping 5 (also GZDoom only) has the locations of the different episodes labeled on the hub, and you can find a warp that will take you directly to a particular map, but it doesn't have an episode selection screen, per se.

This is obviously not an exhaustive list, it's just what I could think of at the moment. A thread in Wads & Mods would probably generate more.

19 minutes ago, Pegleg said:
Spoiler

This really isn't the right place for this question. This thread is if you were looking for a specific mapset. So, you may actually get a better response if you were to post this as a separate thread in Wads & Mods, asking the same question.

That being said, while Scythe 2 is separated into six 5-map episodes, each one ending with a death exit, there is no episode selection menu in Scythe 2. My understanding is that, in general, the MAPINFO must be written to support this sort of episode selection. And it would work in ZDoom and GZDoom (it might work in Eternity, too, but I don't know). I don't think that Boom, and certainly not vanilla/limit-removing, would support it.

The only mapsets that come to mind that have this sort of episode selection screen are:

• The Modest Mapping Challenge 1
    • The four episodes for this 32-map megawad can be selected from the start menu in ZDoom and GZDooom, but you can also play through normally in Crispy, Boom, etc., starting from Map 01, with death exits after Maps 06, 11, and 20.
  • Knightmare: 4800 Hell Knights
    • This is a 21-map UDMF set, so it is only playable in GZDoom, but it has episode selection from the start menu.
  • Joy of Mapping 5 (also GZDoom only) has the locations of the different episodes labeled on the hub, and you can find a warp that will take you directly to a particular map, but it doesn't have an episode selection screen, per se.

This is obviously not an exhaustive list, it's just what I could think of at the moment. A thread in Wads & Mods would probably generate more.

Cheers! That gives me some pointers to start with, and maybe I'll make a separate thread later, as you suggest. 

Hi ..

I remember playing a doom map which had the typical left 4 dead forest theme ..

It was a map which really lagged on my smartphone (it was a Kirin 564 back then so no wonder )but I lost it or can't find it anymore cause I have now 5 smartphones which all have a few thousand maps and mods in their storage ..

I think.it was even called a left 4 dead map ..

But for doom ..

Has anyone any idea where to get it ..

Or has someone maps which follow this premise (realistic and point a to point b )

Would be amazing

Hello, I'm looking for any of these WADs from waaaaay back in the day, for nostalgia

-Early versions of Weapons Resource WAD (WRW) for ZDoom, like 1.2, 1.2a, etc

-armas_sl.zip

Map with "immortal" Imps - I've searched and searched, but I can't find it. I'm looking for a map that had a raised wall lined with Imps (at least, I think it was Imps, could have been Former Humans, maybe?) that you could easily shoot and kill, but a hidden Arch-Vile would resurrect them instantly, so you had to leave them alone.

To my recollection, the wall behind the Imps was FIREWALL or a similar texture.

Any help finding it would be appreciated.

Looking for WAD I played back in the 90s. It was a set of 3 or 4 levels set in a water treatment facility, but the author had included some narrative about reach fluid being refined into the other. Each level was designed to visibly follow on from the last (you could see the start of the next level at the end off the one you were finishing).

If it helps, I remember the major absolutely spammed Archviles in the final encounter.

I am looking for a wad/map I played a long time ago. It was made probably between 2005 - 2010 for Skulltag. The map took place in some kind of an abandoned/ruined city filled with demons. You started in small room with a teleporter, which took you into the city. The wa had new enemies like the fallen one from realm667. The plot had something to do with doomguy's nightmares. The main track of the map was the same midi used in the first map in Temple of the Lizardmen 2.

EDIT: Finally found it. It´s called Doomdream.

Edited by Kloki38 : found it

Hi all,

I'm looking for a map set for the original Doom, which I played in the late 90's. I'm pretty sure it was called something like "Even More Doom", but I haven't found that in any searches that I've done. What makes it interesting is that it's basically just the original maps but with much increased monster and ammo placement, making the original episodes much more difficult and intense, but also a lot more fun, as I remember. I had the wad that was for episode 2, but I believe there was a wad for each of the original 3 episodes.

Any help would be appreciated!

I`m looking for episodes\megawads like No Rest for the living. Something not too easy, not too hard.

12 hours ago, Zaratul said:

I`m looking for episodes\megawads like No Rest for the living. Something not too easy, not too hard.

That question may have been better posed as its own thread in Wads & Mods, since this thread is focused more on finding a specific map or mapset. With a separate thread, you would probably get more suggestions, too.

That being said, have you considered No Sleep for the Dead? It's a 9-map Episode 1 replacement by Jan van der Deken, and it is relatively straightforward. You can't just blindly stumble through it, but it's not overly difficult.

I actually posted this once already, but I thought I'd give it another go. If it yields no results then I'll just give up and accept that the map is most likely lost to the ages due to my poor memory :P

What I'm looking for is a single map (most likely Boom, could be ZDoom too) wad from late 2000s / early 2010s. Can't really pinpoint the exact year I played it. I vividly remember the starting room being in the shape of a cross, with windows at three ends and a door in one.  The music was either Legion of the Lost, or some other intermission/end music. I remember noting that it was a familiar track from one of the IWADs, but not from any of the maps themselves. The architecture was very detailed, and I would hazard a guess it used CC4 textures (doesn't really narrow it down, huh.) The theme was a sort of hellish castle or dungeon. I don't recall there being any gameplay alterations.

Beyond that I can't really remember any details :/ Not much to go on, but figured I'll try anyway.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:12 AM, zaichikred said:

There is a megawad I played probably more than 8+ years ago. There was one particular level on it, it might have been one of the secret maps. It was one of those maps that had all 6 keys (or maybe more?), and two exits from the level, one which required all keys and one which only required a few. The map was generally city themed. The map was divided up into very large chunk set pieces, each having one key, and one secret key in it somewhere. It was a very large map. I also remember one of the secret keys was up a like 1 pixel wide hidden staircase against a wall in one of the regions.

I was never able to beat it (playing coop with someone) because I believe zDoom of that time had some sort of bug with what was a sewer area. I think you were supposed to get that "in water" effect that some wads do, but it didn't work, so you couldn't get into a sewer area to get the key there.

It's likely from a relatively well known wad from 8+ years ago.

Does anyone know the megawad/map that I'm talking about?

That sounds a lot like 'City Heat', MAP15 from Community Chest 2. 

No keys, but there are nine secret switches to find, and indeed one of them requires walking up a 1 pixel-wide set of stairs. I am on my phone, so I cannot provide a link for the WAD. I hope this helps.

I want to play a (strictly) Boom-compatible WAD that squeezes the Boom engine features just like BTSX did to Vanilla (also similar atmosphere)!

Is anyone keen on this video and what is being used here?

[yt] 

I want to play the stuff with the gauntlets all over the place with different weapons. I've searched the titles and there are levels and Brutal Doom but nothing 

I see that I can download to that effect. It's just level's (which I'd love to play) and mod's that don't do what I'm seeing. Does anyone have any idea how to play like this? To play like a paladin with gauntlets and a sword?

How can I become the paladin here? What do I need to download?

Edited by Nihlith

29 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Does anyone remember that Zdoom was that was supposed to play like the old mega man nes games? Does anyone have a copy of it?

You mean Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch?

7 minutes ago, JXC said:

You mean Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch?

I found out what it was called. DOOMGUY 2. It was only released as a demo.