Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

12 hours ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

don't know whats the name of the wad :p 

what the FUCK am i looking at here? 

8 hours ago, Boomslang said:

what the FUCK am i looking at here? 

Well i mean come on imagine finding a crappy wad then you send it here and people were like what the fuck?!

9 minutes ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

Well i mean come on imagine finding a crappy wad then you send it here and people were like what the fuck?!

i'm trying to wrap my brain around this, why are the pinkies runners and why windows xp?

18 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

i'm trying to wrap my brain around this, why are the pinkies runners and why windows xp?

Its a pretty weird video

This video came out on may 2014 

Reason is because its a joke wad of Windows XP End of Support 

And idk why Runners and i didn't even made the wad

The reason is that i want that copy of the wad 

Cause the creator didn't even linked the wad

Usually i uploaded this due to a reason 

1. Somebody may haved played the wad

2. The creator may exist in doomworld

6 hours ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

Its a pretty weird video

This video came out on may 2014 

Reason is because its a joke wad of Windows XP End of Support 

And idk why Runners and i didn't even made the wad

The reason is that i want that copy of the wad 

Cause the creator didn't even linked the wad

Usually i uploaded this due to a reason 

1. Somebody may haved played the wad

2. The creator may exist in doomworld

He has his e-mail on the channel, you could try to shoot him a message asking if he still has the wad.

Looking not for Wad(because it was never released) but for video walkthrough of first two maps of Sigvatr's Hell Superior

16 hours ago, Chainie said:

Looking not for Wad(because it was never released) but for video walkthrough of first two maps of Sigvatr's Hell Superior

can you give me the wad of Sigvatr's Hell Superior?

4 hours ago, ILIKEDOOM2 said:

can you give me the wad of Sigvatr's Hell Superior?

20 hours ago, Chainie said:

It’s not a WAD per se, but I swear I remember years and years ago that somebody was doing a texture pack/texture replacement WAD that featured “cleaned-up” TNT textures? Like I remember a thread where they were posting fences that didn’t look like garbage and the like. Does that actually exist or am I confused and just thinking of the TNT 2 development thread? Specifically I want some less ugly versions of the Egyptian textures, but for reasons don’t want to go find an actual full Egyptian texture pack.

7 hours ago, StupidBunny said:

It’s not a WAD per se, but I swear I remember years and years ago that somebody was doing a texture pack/texture replacement WAD that featured “cleaned-up” TNT textures? Like I remember a thread where they were posting fences that didn’t look like garbage and the like. Does that actually exist or am I confused and just thinking of the TNT 2 development thread? Specifically I want some less ugly versions of the Egyptian textures, but for reasons don’t want to go find an actual full Egyptian texture pack.

You could be thinking of the development threads. There are quite a few cleaned up textures in TNT: Revilution, if the Egyptian textures are what you are looking for then you can find them in there. I believe that Kyka tuned those up. As for the fences, those would be in TNT: Devilution, which is still in development, if I recall correctly it was Xaser who made better versions of those textures.

A bit off topic, but this is the first time I've seen you on Doomwold since I released Revilution. Out of curiosity have you played it? I'd be very interested to know what your thoughts are on map 12 since you were one who originally created the map. I'd be really curious to see what the map looked like when you originally submitted the map to the project all those years ago.

2 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

You could be thinking of the development threads. There are quite a few cleaned up textures in TNT: Revilution, if the Egyptian textures are what you are looking for then you can find them in there. I believe that Kyka tuned those up. As for the fences, those would be in TNT: Devilution, which is still in development, if I recall correctly it was Xaser who made better versions of those textures.

A bit off topic, but this is the first time I've seen you on Doomwold since I released Revilution. Out of curiosity have you played it? I'd be very interested to know what your thoughts are on map 12 since you were one who originally created the map. I'd be really curious to see what the map looked like when you originally submitted the map to the project all those years ago.

Cool.  I might poke around that a bit.  (Although I confess to kind of liking the old rough and ugly TNT textures, but that might just be me.)

Yeah, I disappeared off the forums back in 2014 I think? Nonetheless I did see at some point that this ended up in Revilution, and actually got turned into one of the more memorable maps by the looks of it.  (Though the whole project is full of gorgeous and cool maps, I was really excited about it because, again, I always had a soft spot for TNT.)  

Lucky for you I actually have the original map fragment that MAP12 was eventually turned into.  As you can see, it's pretty unremarkable, and credit goes to Kyka/Megamur/dobu gabu maru for making it as special and atmospheric as it turned out.  I originally intended it to be a vanilla-compatible Ultimate Doom map that would carry through the themes of E1-3, but as you can see I ran out of steam partway through E1.  I'm glad it ended up in talented hands and being turned into something really original and cool, and that y'all succeeded in seeing the whole project through to a fantastic end result.

is there any more christmas Wads?

also is there a mod that replaces the original music with andrew's renditions?

Been on a lookout for, about a year for a wad i played in 2018, or so. Not sure about the year.
It's whole gimmick is that the player is restricted to pistol, chaingun n plasma rifle. I don't remember exact stuff like: Map count, enemy count etc. I only remember the first level being some kind of a mansion, and environment being black and green. Inside the mansion i recall a fountain(?) with a berserk on top, or nearby, a library of some kind, and that's all i can remember of top of my head...

5 hours ago, Hobo... said:

Been on a lookout for, about a year for a wad i played in 2018, or so. Not sure about the year.
It's whole gimmick is that the player is restricted to pistol, chaingun n plasma rifle. I don't remember exact stuff like: Map count, enemy count etc. I only remember the first level being some kind of a mansion, and environment being black and green. Inside the mansion i recall a fountain(?) with a berserk on top, or nearby, a library of some kind, and that's all i can remember of top of my head...

Sounds like Saturnine Chapel: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/thread/92310

2 minutes ago, Korikon said:

I remember a really mind-fucky wad with weird level design but I forgot it's name, I remember there were the Wolfenstein 3D SS troopers on the first map and you were on a plane or some shit similar, and you walk into some thing that fucks up all the level design and the rest of the mod is just creative. I entirely forgot it's name and can't find it, but I think it was something abbreviated or at least the machine you walked into was. The year was some time between 16-19, I have no idea why I barely remember it and I feel like I'm just making it up but I just remember it at the same time.

It's A.L.T ?
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/alt

Cutscene with Doomguy walking across a bridge in a futuristic dark city that was in flames

Then enter computer complex with hardcore death metal playing, very detailed tech area with lots of little slopes.

I think it was recent like 2018.

That 1st map after the cutscene with the bridge in the burning city was VERY similar to the 1st map in "Lucifer Rising"

It's weird cause I downloaded Lucifer Rising @ the same time & had em both in same USB drive but now I have no idea where other wad is . Sorry if this is simple

Please help !

Thanks

Does anyone have Abyssal Speedmapping Session 48 (abyspe48.zip)? It keeps getting rejected on idgames because it "Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)."

15 minutes ago, Mad Butcher said:

Does anyone have Abyssal Speedmapping Session 48 (abyspe48.zip)? It keeps getting rejected on idgames because it "Contains unmodified id Software resource(s)."

abyspe48.zip

Trying to find some old (and not so old) maps from @Plut and @Chainie. EDIT: All of them are found, with links below for convenience . Thx everyone!

Chainie :

Spoiler

All on idgames :)

Plut:

Spoiler

MdTb.wad/The Forgotten Town - 17.The fogotten town.zip (Limit-removing, Doom 2)

TEx.wad/The Execution - TEx.zip (E4M2, Limit-removing, The Ultimate Doom)

hellsieg.wad/Hell's Siege - hellsieg.zip (Boom, Doom 2)

ndm.wad/Names Don't Matter - ndm.zip (Boom, Doom 2)

Edited by Catpho