Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

i have been looking for this specific wad for years now. it was made by id software in the 90s, and no one else has found it. it takes place at the A.S.I. computers building in Richardson Tx. My grandfather worked at A.S.I back in 1992, and he built the computers that made Doom. there are different sounds put in it, for example when you get hit you hear "Daddy Daddy i hurt myself!"

and the monster ambient noise is......moaning, of a different sort. and in the dumpster outside of the building there is a BFG.

i call it "The Lost level" and i have been looking for it for the longest.

can you help me please? i would GREATLY appreciate it.

Something @Doomkid will enjoy but what i am looking for.
Note: I have asked the original author Martin Howe already for this, and i consider this extremely obscure, but here goes.

Namely, this.

DeHacked32: A Win32 console port of DeHacked 3.0.
In it, Martin mentioned that he wanted to extend DeHacked with Boom extensions, and so far, ported DeHacked over to Win32 in a console window:

Spoiler

''This is just having some fun with DeHackEd version 3.0 source code.
I wanted to extend DeHackEd to support TNT's BOOM extensions.

I wanted to port it to Windows, at least as a 32-bit console [character]
graphics program. This is possible because the LCC compiler includes the
TCCONIO package which maps the more-or-less standard Borland(r) TurboC(r)
calls to their nearest Win32 equivalents. (Weird, I didn't know Windows
even HAD such things until I looked in the source code of TCCONIO).

Currently disabled features unless you compile with TurboC++ 3 under DOS:

* graphics
Because this is a Windows port so no MCGA screen Hardware access.

* mouse
Because this is a Windows port so no MS-DOS mouse calls to call.

* sound
Because this is a Windows port so no SB Hardware access, even if you HAVE
one. For this reason, the original DeHackEd doesn't do sound on my Win2K.

* run doom
I havent' actually disabled this one yet, but I should, given time. It
ought really to be configureable to run your favourite source port or
wad-launcher instead. Give me time!

* Final Doom
This is the 3.0 source code as released by Greg lewis. I don't know if
the guy who did Final Doom DHE ever released his modifications.

I only use the mouse, but YYMV. Also I don't know what the effect of
trying to run DOOM from within DeHackEd would be under Windows as I
have never done this even with the original DeHackEd. I just use DeHackEd
as a user-friendly editor and feed the patch files into a source port.

Right now, I just want to fix any outstanding bugs, whether resulting from
portability issues (e.g, things like assuming "sizeof(int)==2") or left
from the original (e.g., unconditionally "fclose"-ing the patch file in
files.c; if the file doesn't exist, you are trying to fclose a NULL
pointer! DOS ignores it, but of course Windows gets an access violation).

Then I want to look at BOOM extensions. Finally, I am looking at the SDL
or similar multi-platform library to get back the mouse etc again. I am NOT
looking to rewrite as a GUI app as I have no experience of such things, just
a few excercises from various tutorials. When I have time it might be a good
way to learn GUI programming under Windows, but I don't have THAT sort of
time right now. I've gotten by well enough on <stdio> until now :-)

LEGAL NOTES

This is just me having fun and experimenting and I am allowing people to
see what I have done so far for the sake of curiosity. This code has NOT
been properly tested at this stage so it is probably faulty. USE IT AT
YOUR OWN RISK. If using this code kills your dog, burns your collection
of Winona Ryder* postcards and trashes Windows, it is your responsibility;
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you are not comfortable with beta/test software
then do not use it.''

A link is mentioned:

However, Archive,org does not have this backed up.

So why am i talking about this?

Personally, there are some reasons:

• Although Windows has an excellent DeHacked alternative in Whacked, DeHacked is able to do things Whacked does not - Such as crafting custom executables using DoomHack.
  • Having a Win32 console version of DeHacked (Or SDL version) is enticing for many Doomers who are used to the interface and simply want to continue it all the same but in native Windows.
  • Lastly, DeHacked32 would do wonders for the DeHacked based project VULD (Which i playtested) by having a native Windows version available.
Im very interested in this now that xttl has been making a Dehacked build with Final Doom support...

Trying to find a specific wad that has custom textures and a custom enemy. It starts in a hillside cave that has a bridge (3D Floor) that goes to another cave with a tomb. The end part of the map has a wizard(?) enemy that's floating. It's medieval themed and has more than 10 maps (I think It's a megawad).

I would like to obtain the unmodified and pristine ZIPs of No End in Sight, versions 1.0 (28/11/2016) and 1.1 (11/12/2016). I have got 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, Unity without widescreen assets, and Unity with widescreen assets, but no luck at finding 1.0 and 1.1.

5 hours ago, Whatevernameisnttaken said:

The one where on hanger next to the first shotgunners on the control panel is a "secret"button 

That's just Ultimate DooM on UV.

I'm looking for a horror/creepy mod that simply adds new enemies that have chance of being in whatever map you are in. It doesn't replace the normal enemies but it just adds new creepy ones in it. The enemies have a creepy looking sprite and aren't just variants of the normal doom enemies. They are completely new enemies. I can't find it so I would appreciate if someone else knows what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Hey there,

Im looking for a older map name I think called Starry night. I might have been a MP map. Its soundtrack has been with me since and I want to just find it and find some peace that it was the right one. Including I can show others what ive been talking about when I mention it.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for the wad from the 90's that has the soundbyte "Season's over asshole" (from the movie "Cliffhanger") when you die. Can't remember if it was a multiplayer map, but i don't think it was. 

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Arcev said:

Hey there,

Im looking for a older map name I think called Starry night. I might have been a MP map. Its soundtrack has been with me since and I want to just find it and find some peace that it was the right one. Including I can show others what ive been talking about when I mention it.

Thanks in advance!

It's the 8th map of Doom: the golden souls. And the track is from "Make music, throw music" album.

2 hours ago, Arcev said:

Starry Night is the map name but its not the map or music I had listened to. Please try again! Curiosity is maxed!

Does the map have a weird/funny hurt sound?

If it does, then it could be Sleepy (or SAGER.WAD)

I remember it uses a custom MIDI song, not sure about it.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

Does the map have a weird/funny hurt sound?

If it does, then it could be Sleepy (or SAGER.WAD)

I remember it uses a custom MIDI song, not sure about it.

SLEEPY.wad isnt the one. Similar skybox tho and it was a darker map I think too. It had a custom MIDI song IDK if it was a reference to anything but it was simple. If I was to hum it out, I could, to see if you recognize it x|

On 1/19/2021 at 9:45 PM, Arcev said:

SLEEPY.wad isnt the one. Similar skybox tho and it was a darker map I think too. It had a custom MIDI song IDK if it was a reference to anything but it was simple. If I was to hum it out, I could, to see if you recognize it x|

Turns out it was harder to find :(  I hope another guy will help you find it.
Also, what do you mean by "MP"? Map pack? Mega project? Or something non-related to Doom?

On 1/19/2021 at 9:45 PM, Arcev said:

It had a custom MIDI song IDK if it was a reference to anything

"Custom song" is basically a replacement song for the map.
"MIDI" is kind-of a soundfont or a set of musical instruments, the Doom engine uses MIDI. I don't have more knowledge about MIDI.

More info can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MIDI

I remember very clearly a singleplayer WAD from circa 94'-96' that had like a bunch of separate brown boxy columns that you had to 'platform' across to get a BFG...I remember there being a ton of enemies on the floor and the infinite height of the enemies would annoyingly impede you from getting across the columns easily.

I think the WAD was called something along the lines of 'Walker' or 'Air/Skywalker' or something similar. I don't recall any custom textures / things, I think it was completely vanilla.

I have been desperately trying to find this WAD for nostalgia's sake for many years now lol... I remember playing this first via Doom95, don't know if that at all helps. Maybe it could have been a D!ZONE wad? Its not even that great of a wad tbh. Thanks in advance...

I'm looking for the name of an old xxx/gore wad from, I think, back in the '90s. It was set in a strip club, and had crude MSpaint stripper enemies that bled out of their bellybuttons(?) when they died. It ended with a boss battle agains a big butch stripper.

You started outside the club, with a small street section, and had to find a key to get inside. There was also a hidden chaingun in the starting area somewhere.

I think its name was, not "Vixens" or "Sirens", but something in that vein... I believe it was for Doom II, but I'm not 100%.

IIRC it was a two level wad, but the second level (also in a strip club) was more of a stub (very short, like one room, and no exit).

Sounds familiar to anyone?

Edited by worldinvader

25 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Anyone have the credits list for the RDC speedmapping contest 17?

Map01 - Chaingunner
Map02 - MAN_WITH_GUN
Map03 - Eternal
Map04 - Jimmy
Map05 - Kirov-13
Map06 - StormCatcher77
Map07 - Memfis
Map08 - Slavius
Map09 - Doomstalker
Map10 - DOOMGABR
Map11 - Obsidian
Map12 - MyNameIs
Map13 - Shadowman
Map14 - Arsenikum
Map15 - Wraith
Map16 - Pinchy
Map17 - BeeWen

This is very, very old... but worth a shot. Trying to look for some stuff from @BeeWen:
-Карты для Думеров (which translates to "maps for Doomers"?): looking for Map16.rar, Map22_126735087636.rar (Found), Map29.rar (I'm reasonably sure most of this is adapted for A.L.T MAP32), Map_31-32.rar, Map24.rar

-Scorching Heat 2:  BeeWen_map1.zipBeeWen_map2.zip. Do you happen to still keep the maps @Archi?

Downloads:

Spoiler

BeeWen_ScorchingHeat2.zip - Boom complevel 9, runs with the provided texpack.wad

Edited by Catpho

I remember someone did a GZDoom level modelled after the Silverspring Docks in Heretic 2. I think it was for some Heretic project then cancelled. No one remember it?