Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

About ten or so years ago, back on either Skulltag, or an extremely early version of Zandronum, there was a wad I played back in the day. I think it was a joke wad, I'm not sure. It had several levels, but the one I remember the most vividly was the first one. The level had several, small rooms in it sectioned off from hallways, and the starting area looked kind of like this. https://i.imgur.com/nlRCQAc.png The difference is, on the left side, there were windows I think, and you could see sunlight shining through. There were sloped computers and I think sprites of potted plants, but I'm not 100% sure of that last part. If you turn to the right in this image, you'd find a door leading to a closet with I think a shotgun or super shotgun.

Turning around took you to a very short, like two foot long hallway, that opened up to this brown room, which had a transparent area with grates slightly raised towards the left. Inside the room were several zombie men, and inside the grates were zombiemen and I think imps. It vaguely resembled this. https://i.imgur.com/lmpxefc.png I think there were other transparent grates at the end of the room that had more zombies in them.

Once you'd go through the halls, you'd collect keys from out-of-the-way rooms in the halls. They were tiny, and had computers in them too. Some of them sloped. I believe there were chaingunners standing on one of the computers to guard a key.

The exit to the level was through the front door in the first image, which took you to some kind of train that, when you pressed the switch, exited the level. I think it played a cutscene too? I can't remember. I've been searching everywhere for this wad for ten years now, as the last PC I had it on died. It was probably not a fun wad, some of the maps I remember being esoteric, mock 2 kind of stuff, but I'd like to find it just for the nostalgia value.

I apologize for my awful recreations, I'm not a mapper, it's just about the closest I can think of to convey it. 

Edited by Maverick00_

Trying to find a gzdoom mod. It was a monster mod that had some really tough enemies, the 2 I remember is a zombieman with those shields from the newer doom games and a headcrab/facehugger like enemy that would jump on your face and kill if you couldn't get it off on time. the author also made some patches for use with mods like brutal doom. it should be on the zdoom forums.

Asking for a friend. He’s trying to find this one wad that has this in part of a level. I’m not sure what it is either b/c I’ve never played it and he doesn’t remember b/c it’s been a year since he last played it. Screenshot right here:

41D2EE33-5694-45FE-863C-6DC3B26C3058.png

Edited by VoanHead

I'm trying to find a WAD that I first played in the mid-2000s. I believe it was a bit older than that though - maybe late nineties? Anyway, the map is desert-themed and has a crashed humvee / military vehicle on its side next to a smashed wall. I cannot remember if this was from a larger mappack, or if it was a single level. I remember being very impressed by how detailed the vehicle was. I believe a sourceport was required, as I think there were slopes present on the vehicle, but I'm not certain...

Long shot, I know, but thought I should try asking anyway! :)

9 hours ago, Catpho said:

@Arrowhead12 Wild guess: Epic map02?

Wow - that map was very close in theme, and had quite a few military vehicles - but those were more APC looking, and the one I'm thinking of was more of a hummer/humvee look. This was very very close though, even had the smashed wall! I don't think this is the one. Thanks for your help, so far though!

I'm thinking more now, and i'm a bit more sure it might be a single map - I remember also that the 'desert theme' was maybe done w/ just stock doom2 assets. I don't think there was a texture pack involved, like there was here in Epic 2.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:12 PM, MidnightMage said:

Does anyone have the link to the wad which changes the order of the maps of episode 4 in the Ultimate Doom? If I remember this one correctly, it changed the order to make the existing maps have better map progression and a proper difficulty curve.

I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

I know I'm hella late on this but is this what you were looking for?

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57970&p=1020019&hilit=E4#p1019874

Anyone remember a TC called the Hellcat TC? I remember visiting a site about the at-the-time in development TC but to my knowledge it never came out. All i remember about it is the huge boss monsters it was supposed to have, with one of them left as a mystery. I can't say why a random project was imprinted into my brain all those years ago but here we are. Anyone else remember reading about it?

Trying yet again.  Please help!  Lots of nostalgic feelings from this one.

It replaces a later map, I wanna say between 9 and 17, and I think is part of a larger multi-level wad.  At the time it was talked about as having an enormous outdoor area and being one of the biggest maps to date--though I played it in the early-mid 2000s.  It was released either then or the 90s.

You come out of some caverns, cross some water and then go up some white stone steps (made to look naturally formed and not very tall, but hella wide).  There are imps on the steps.  Then you get to the top and you're faced with an enormous outdoor area, where imps are lobbing fireballs that take forever to get to you.  Once you walk far enough, you come to a structure made with a custom white marble texture.  Stairs lead up to doors on the side (or is it just one door?) out of which come Arch-Viles.

I believe the wad author was trying to tell a visual story as you journeyed through the wad, hence the terrain.

I think I remember playing a wad called Union City which is a very large map but I can't seem to find it on any place and I think it's made by EarthQuake. I founded it on Doomvault but I can't seem to download it so anyone with a copy pls send it to me.

Edited by TheWeaponCollector : It's still empty

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for a wad that I made.  It was my first major release, PSFDoom (released in '96).  When I released Vengeance, which is an improvement of PSFDoom, I asked that it be removed from the idgames archive.  It was.  And then I made the mistake of deleting it from my hard drive.  I figured, these levels are horrible, and I've improved them.  I'll need PSFDoom no longer!  But it was my set of horrible levels, and I didn't use them all in Vengeance.  Therefore I don't remember all of them.  I've tried on Wad-archive, but it's not there.

21 hours ago, TheWeaponCollector said:

I think I remember playing a wad called Union City which is a very large map but I can't seem to find it on any place and I think it's made by EarthQuake. I founded it on Doomvault but I can't seem to download it so anyone with a copy pls send it to me.

unioncit.zip

Hello there, im sykes01.

I don't know if im post this topic in the right place, but i just trying to find a mod that im looking since last year, a few things i remember from the mod is, in main menu when choosing an option, a pistol sound heard three times, a shotgun that is based on an assault rifle (maybe m4 rifle?? don't remember), about the npc, im only remember one of them, that is rocket launcher human (no im not talking about rocket launcher zombie), all the monster and guns are replaced, and there are new levels, i remember there is a shotgun from duke 3d, if im remember correctly, oh and in the mod there are dual pistols can be used since from the start, the dual pistol can shoot three times, left right left, or right left right the shooting order, I no don't remember, if anyone can help, i appreciate it, thx.

Note: im not talking about Brutal Doom, im talking about the mod im played with skulltag back then years ago.  

Looking for some old Dutch Devil/ @Dutch Doomer levels:

EDIT: Thanks Mad Butcher! Reorganized the wads:

Dutch_Doomer_Maps.zip

@Tango Sorry for pinging you twice dude :P but do you happen to keep some of these files? It's been over a decade since you last volunteered to host them so i'm not holding my breath, but worth a shot :P

Edited by Catpho

12 hours ago, Catpho said:

Trying to find t-map01.wad by @Tango

Edit: Thanks Mad Butcher :) limit-removing, Doom 2, MAP22 (requires cc4-tex.wad)

10 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

hah awesome, I recently dug this map up from my old mediafire storage actually, but clearly Mad Butcher's got you covered! after my current project is done, I'd really like to go through my collection of half-finished and/or old stuff and just release it in one big dump, that map included.

6 hours ago, Catpho said:

Sorry for pinging you twice dude :P but do you happen to keep some of these files? It's been over a decade since you last volunteered to host them so i'm not holding my breath, but worth a shot :P

unfortunately I do not :( most everything I had from that time was lost to hard drive failures. hopefully Dutch Doomer shows back up again someday

8 hours ago, Catpho said:

Looking for some old Dutch Devil/ @Dutch Doomer levels:

dd512.zip
seed13.zip

undrhlls.zip

SupplyDepot.zip

EM1.zip (Probably the missing file on the Doom wiki page)

Playtest playtest playtest (maybe named DDAcheron.zip?)

Probably dd_base.zip

totaldm.zip

Playtest Please

Dutch_Doomer_Maps.zip

The last file is turbine.zip. I've also included the idgames version of M1 Revisited (mddoom.zip).

Does anyone know if this is a screenshot of an actual WAD? I found it on Pintrest, and I was wondering if it was or not.

421fcb9f9fbcf9c8ebeafcc7e68ed750.jpg

10 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

Dutch_Doomer_Maps.zip

The last file is turbine.zip. I've also included the idgames version of M1 Revisited (mddoom.zip).

Holy cow, some of these are nearly 15 years ago yet you still found them. Much thanks :) Turns out Dutch later repurposed a lot of these for later releases. I reorganized your archive a bit to clarify that. Thanks again :)

The map I am looking for is part of a megawad. It resembled some sort of hellish palace with large, towering hallways at the start area. In the upper part of the hallways were paintings that depicted boss monsters from all kinds of video games, I think I remember Bowser from Super Mario and some villain from Castlevania, but there were many more. From what I remember it was a Slaughter map, but the preceding levels weren't all Slaughter maps. There was a slowly increasing difficulty in this megawad, and I gave up at this level because I was overwhelmed by the monsters. From the start area it was like a fork layout were you could either go left or right, both paths leading to similar hallways. A few Arachnotrons around the first corner. Later some Cyberdemons on large pedestals?