Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Does anyone know what happened to the Doom WAD Invasion by DooMWaR? I remember reviewing it for The /newstuff Chronicles #415 over 8 years ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

In fact, when I tried to search the author's name on /idgames, no results came up. What could have happened to this guys WADs?

8 minutes ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Doom WAD Invasion by DooMWaR? I remember reviewing it for The /newstuff Chronicles #415 over 8 years ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

In fact, when I tried to search the author's name on /idgames, no results came up. What could have happened to this guys WADs?

here you go: invasion.rar

assuming that what's said in the /newstuff you linked is true, it's likely that invasion and the rest of his stuff got taken down for plagiarism

i need an answer too, to stop being just posting here my damn words, pls help me.

23 hours ago, roadworx said:

here you go: invasion.rar

assuming that what's said in the /newstuff you linked is true, it's likely that invasion and the rest of his stuff got taken down for plagiarism

Thank you for the help. Also, I did some looking around in Doomworld /idgames, and I managed to find Quake-zone and Phobos under the author name Redbull. They were both uploaded on March 26, 2014, though I know they were first uploaded earlier than that date.

Also, to answer your question @sykes01, I looked at the post, but I don't know of any Doom WAD that has that content. Perhaps you should be more specific?

@sykes01

May I suggest that the next time you create a post asking if anyone can help you with your original question, please include a link to your original request?

If you include a link, someone doesn't need to spend the time scrolling back through this thread to find your original post. You're more likely to get new people's attention to a post that reads, "Can someone please help me with my post?" if they don't have to find the original post themselves. For all they know, your original post was 2 months ago, and having the link to the post means that they don't have to guess and can just go see what you were looking for.

NiTROACTiVE and Pegleg

As i said i dont remember too much things about the mod, i only remember things what i wrote here, and i was hoping that anyone of you could help, but im wrong, but thanks anyway, i can't be more specific because i dont remember too much about the mod is i already told you, and i cant include the link of the mods because i tried to found myslef but with no luck, and also think what are you talking about, because if I had the link, I wouldn't have been asking questions here for a long time, and aslo be sure to read my first post what i wrote here, you will then understand, that i don't remember to much about the mod, and can't include a link, and can't be more specific sorry.

Edited by sykes01

On dimanche 24 janvier 2021 at 12:19 AM, Angry Saint said:

I remember someone did a GZDoom level modelled after the Silverspring Docks in Heretic 2. I think it was for some Heretic project then cancelled. No one remember it?

There was a level fitting that description in HPack, which is technically not cancelled, just on a big long hiatus.

well the only one thing is can include is this pistol sound can be heard three times, thats the one thing i remember of the mod, the pistol sound can be heard i main menu when selecting something an option and clicking on it, thats it, thats what i can include, nothing else sorry.

pistol.rar

On 4/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, sykes01 said:

i cant include the link of the mods because i tried to found myslef but with no luck, and also think what are you talking about, because if I had the link, I wouldn't have been asking questions here for a long time, and aslo be sure to read my first post what i wrote here, you will then understand

They were suggesting you quote the post you made with your original question to save people the trouble of hunting for it.

Help others to help you!

I'm afraid I don't recall the mod you're looking for. Please be respectful that if your memory and description are too vague we might not be able to help.

17 hours ago, LordEntr0py said:

They were suggesting you quote the post you made with your original question to save people the trouble of hunting for it.

Help others to help you!

I'm afraid I don't recall the mod you're looking for. Please be respectful that if your memory and description are too vague we might not be able to help.

How can i help others if i don't remember too much things about the mod im looking for over two years? tell me, i was hoping at least you can help but im wrong, sorry to wasting your time folks, but thats never happening again, and im sorry that i can fucking explain, and get you any a thing about the mod, if i don't remember too much about it, just what i wrote you about it, you can just search now for the post and read it again, and the other one too, but let me guess what is the answer, no one of you can help as usual, but not a problem, i dont wasting my time here with you, i don't have time to bother always with just you, I have better things to do than to just waste my time on you, and if you cant help me, then okay, but belive me if i say, i cant help you because i don't remember too much things about the mod, just what i wrote you about it, search the first post, and the other one and read it carefully, and you will understand, and don't talk nonsense and bullshit here, because that will not help me and you, and what is the problem with my respect? that i didn’t write those two messages well? just because i saw others get an answer right away, i didn’t, thats why i did it twice, im sorry for those two messages, but i don't think it's about im not respecting here ANYONE, i just dont have time and i wanted answers too, i hope you understand, thank you and goodbye.

Edited by sykes01

Anyone knows a good "demon museum" map? What I mean is a simple map where all the standard Doom 2 monsters are placed on pedestals or alcovens with their usual description written next to them. This is for trying out monster replacement mods, so you can see which monster is replaced by what exactly.

@Tetzlaff Try Map 32 of The Rebirth. It doesn't have written descriptions, instead Vader designed cute graphics that depict the standard doom 2 demons. Do note that in Rebirth Zombiemen and Barons are reskinned, the former made headless while the latter has wings.

Awesome, thanks @Catpho!

edit: aw, those door designs are really cute... and there are snowmen for some reason as well.

Edited by Tetzlaff

16 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

aw, those door designs are really cute... and there are snowmen for some reason as well.

The snowmen are the SS replacement, but you probably figured that out already :P

Back in the days i used to watch Doom weapon showcases for mods, and there was one which has been removed and been haunting me ever since. I know for a fact that it had the Fist from Hexen, the magnum from half-life (for some reason) and the necronomicon (it could resurrect/spawn friendly monsters...idk which). It was also full of huge and just ridiculous weapons (but not to the extent of Russian overkill). i also remember seeing a wikipedia-like site about the mod, that i never been able to find since. Can anybody point me in a direction?

Hi everybody! Does someone have this wad maybe? --> Chris Zasada's World Wad (czww.zip) it's a full megawad. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, FEDEX said:

Hi everybody! Does someone have this wad maybe? --> Chris Zasada's World Wad (czww.zip) it's a full megawad. Thanks 

Here you go.

I have another one: the Map 01 from the Amiga Demo Party from Steve D.. all links from the thread are broken.

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, FEDEX said:

I have another one: the Map 01 from the Amiga Demo Party from Steve D.. all links from the thread are broken.

@Steve D Can you help out our new friend?

3 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@Steve D Can you help out our new friend?

I've contact Steve, he's a very nice guy! He's currently with some kind of issue, so he will be offline for a while. I don't want to disturb him, and maybe someone does have this wad in some old back-up :D

18 hours ago, FEDEX said:

ADP1aaa.zip

I don't have the latest version (ADP1aac.wad).