Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm gonna re-ask for a wad I'd previously posted about years ago.

It was a multi-map wad (can't remember if it was full megawad). The level I remember most had small rooms that had nicely detailed and symmetrical layout/lighting to them. Each room in the corridor would have a handful of soldiers and zombiemen. It reminded me of the corridor levels in Contra NES.

Most distinctively I remember the rocket launcher having a custom sound, like a bottle rocket or movie missile (i don't know if real rockets make that sound). I had found it years ago on idgames, but can never seem to come across it again or remember the name. Don't even know if it was Doom 1 or 2 but I'm leaning toward 1.

Mountain Lab v1.3 - download link fixed in thread

Thanks Ashurion Neonix

On 5/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, FEDEX said:

Hi everybody, looking for this one:

Thx in advance

24carat.zip

There is also a 25carat.wad with one more map, but I'm not sure if it's an update from the author or a modification.

Edited by Mad Butcher : Fixed broken link.

33 minutes ago, Mad Butcher said:

24carat.zip

There is also a 25carat.wad with one more map, but I'm not sure if it's an update from the author or a modification.

Thank you Mad !!!

Edited by FEDEX

There was an early 90's doom 2 single map. It had in one area a bunch of hexagon lifts, all next to each other. There was a cyberdemon on a bridge I think. The start was very enclosed, with lots of tight corridors. The starting area was exposed to the sky. It was one of the earliest pwads that I can remember playing. Lots of tight interconnected spaces and areas. All three keys(?) The spider mastermind was in this silver and blue area I think.

I believe it was a reasonably well known wad back in the day.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Not MZLXS said:

The fact this is on idgames after looking a whole day even on this site proves im half retarded

Happens to the best of us :P

Anyone does have a copy of this?  latest version incl. Map 01 + Map 02

Thanks folks