Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

This is going to be quite a stretch, because I don't remember much, but might anyone remember a wad from the very early era, probably 1994 or 1995 the latest, that was an episode replacement (I think) and that had music replaced by classical music such as Vivaldi? I don't even remember the levels that much, except that at least some of them followed green marble and lava -aesthetic. Moreover, I think this was a quality wad for its era, as I clearly remember it being mentioned in some "Top 10" wads in one of my local gaming magazines of the time (for the Finnish community members if there are any: probably Pelit-lehti, could have been MikroBitti as well - the wad in question might have been distributed in their subscriber gift cd-rom's that started to become popular at the time).

That's about all I remember. Can't remember if they were hard or anything, but I remember liking the wad back then, and it's the only pwad I really remember from those year (aside from the eternal works-in-progress me and my buddy tried to make. Surely I played other wads as well, but there weren't many great ones back then).

5 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

This is going to be quite a stretch, because I don't remember much, but might anyone remember a wad from the very early era, probably 1994 or 1995 the latest, that was an episode replacement (I think) and that had music replaced by classical music such as Vivaldi? I don't even remember the levels that much, except that at least some of them followed green marble and lava -aesthetic. Moreover, I think this was a quality wad for its era, as I clearly remember it being mentioned in some "Top 10" wads in one of my local gaming magazines of the time (for the Finnish community members if there are any: probably Pelit-lehti, could have been MikroBitti as well - the wad in question might have been distributed in their subscriber gift cd-rom's that started to become popular at the time).

That's about all I remember. Can't remember if they were hard or anything, but I remember liking the wad back then, and it's the only pwad I really remember from those year (aside from the eternal works-in-progress me and my buddy tried to make. Surely I played other wads as well, but there weren't many great ones back then).

Probably it is not the wad you are looking for ( it replaces only E1M1), but I played it recently and some elements match yours. It is called MT.wad and It was released on 08/16/1994. It has green marble textures and sections full of lava with a classical soundtrack. The author is unknown.

Right now it's the only thing I could find. Anyway you can try it, if you don't know it. It's nice. :)

MT.ZIP

1 hour ago, thestarrover said:

Probably it is not the wad you are looking for ( it replaces only E1M1), but I played it recently and some elements match yours. It is called MT.wad and It was released on 08/16/1994. It has green marble textures and sections full of lava with a classical soundtrack.

That was a good guess, but not the map I was looking for. BUT -- I can't deny that it is possible I'm actually talking only about one level. It could have been so that someone compiled a handful of "top wads" into one episode replacement. Then again, the idea of level set with classical music and green marble episode feels so familiar.

Anyway, thanks for trying and thanks for the wad! It was... well, on the other hand it was nice, somehow my memories of 1994 wads were much less vertical and much more boxy! If MT.WAD was upgraded to modern standards - it wouldn't take a complete overhaul methinks, just rethinking some of the awkward surprise-crushers and the switch puzzle ("guess which of these 15 switches is the correct one") and pressing a lot of ctrl+a in UDB :P

1 hour ago, FEDEX said:

Hi doomers

I'm looking for this obscure hard-to-find heretic map by Kenon..

http://kenonserver.narod.ru/load/wads_dlja_hereric/psyholevel/1-1-0-4

This old web page announces it was downloaded several times, a looong time ago, maybe someone have a copy

@FEDEX Hi, last year I fixed this wad (made it more playable) and merged it with another - keep it up: http://kenonserver.narod.ru/hereticwads/Virtual_pit.zip

I'm looking for these wads made by MacDoom authors:

Bloodheaven.wad - Kristoffer Kriss / Bjorn Grundberg
Doomdome.wad - Adam Rennaker
Escape.wad - Antoni Chan
Filthy.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Hellwolf.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Mizzer.wad (unknown author)
Nopity.wad - Steve Duff
Ofheck.wad - Slof
Pacmap02.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Reentry.wad (unknown author)
Station+.wad - Joseph M. Prete

Some levels that I found: Macwads.zip. Most of them are from Inside Mac Games CD-ROMs.

Thank you so much for the Mac Wads. will

they work on a PC ?

A few of the levels in Macwads.zip were included in a wad compilation by Squonkmatic for the People. I’ve been after those levels in the compilation for ages now since 2001. 

Edited by Doomlover77

8 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

I'm looking for these wads made by MacDoom authors:

Bloodheaven.wad - Kristoffer Kriss / Bjorn Grundberg
Doomdome.wad - Adam Rennaker
Escape.wad - Antoni Chan
Filthy.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Hellwolf.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Mizzer.wad (unknown author)
Nopity.wad - Steve Duff
Ofheck.wad - Slof
Pacmap02.wad - Two Gun Mojo
Reentry.wad (unknown author)
Station+.wad - Joseph M. Prete

Some levels that I found: Macwads.zip. Most of them are from Inside Mac Games CD-ROMs.

Filthy.wad

Pacmap02.wad

Another wad by Slof is Diablotic. It is listed here and here. it seems to be really rare.

EDIT: Thank you very much for the wads! I never thought to check Inside Mac games!

Edited by thestarrover

4 hours ago, thestarrover said:

It is listed here and here

I've checked those pages, what a pity..they're a lot of interesting levels, but all links are dead (only 2 or 3 are avaliable to download, but have the .sit extension, so i don't know..)

Hello again,

I'm looking for a missing WAD by Harq.

In many of Harq's readme's they mention a WAD by the name of '4play4.wad'. I have not been able to find it anywhere.

I do not know if this is a singleplayer or DM map, or what year it would be from - the earliest readme that mentions it is from 1997. So it could be from that year, or earlier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hey guys,, does anyone have older versions of extreme invasion v6f here are the zip names.

ExtremeInvasionv6fc.zip 

ExtremeInvasionv6Fplus_E.pk3

ExtremeInvasionv6Fplus.zip

And the

Extremeinv_music_E.zip

Thanks in advance