Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

does anyone have the aeons of death 5 version of this i have the one for alpha 8 of 6 but not 5?

and does anyone have aeod v4.18 the one that wickydoo played?

as it just so happens, the version of AEOD that I downloaded back when I was getting into the Doom community is v5.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n8bblqma68gtflc/AADO3B9_TlhGlENNaTgzBgG6a?dl=0

53 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

as it just so happens, the version of AEOD that I downloaded back when I was getting into the Doom community is v5.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n8bblqma68gtflc/AADO3B9_TlhGlENNaTgzBgG6a?dl=0

do you maybe have the aeod5x.pk3 or aeod4x.pk3 not sure if that was a thing but i have something called aeod3x which i think its the oldest version of aoed3

do you also have the data file for aeod500.pk3?

i do have all versions of aeod i will list them

aeod24.wad

aeod3x.pk3

aeod3.pk3

Aaeddat3.pk3

aeod301.wad

aapp3.wad

aeod3 CRAWL

aeod4.0

aeod4.2

aeod4.2.1 (i think the one above is the same who knows)

aapp4_st.pk3

aeod500.pk3 (missing data file)

aeod5.3

aeod5.25 (Just downloaded this data file from your link)

aeod5.29.1

aapp5_v0.pk3

aeod6.06.1

aeod6.06.02

aeod6 alpha 4

aeod6 alpha 7

aeod6 alpha 8

misc files

AEoD_MUS_D2_2.pk3

aeodmus.wad

aeodskins.pk3 or pk7

AEoD-EffectChoker.pk3 (for aoed5)

Aeoddat With Max-Ride's Hack (for version 5)

i do have the aeoddat 6.07 don't know where i found it at

i might have more but idk

just thought i'd post the list i am a fan of aeod so yeah xd

Edited by haruko haruhara : forgot some things in the list

I really want to thx @VVL and @Mad Butcher for the amazing help, without this two guys most of the hard wads to find would have been lost forever.. 

octavarial boom (and I rember a older version called octavarial doom2 but never played it)

I downloaded it off a google site around 2014 maybe I can't find it which is kinda sad since Ive changed operating systems and lost my files since then the reason I cannot find it is because I suspect the person who owned it cleaned up his google drive and the site was probably stored on there

the opening screen was the octavarium album art (I got into the album and dream theater as a whole because of this wad)

it was one level long  and started out on top of a mountain in a building with a window with a slightly edited doom episode one sky it had a light blue tinted appearance with a poorly drawn mspaint hut on a mountain the fist were replaced by the rott hand and shot plasma bolts but the plasma bolts were custom 

if you idkfa all the guns had very low ammo so you couldent even use them very much so the fist plasma were the only thing you could kill with

I doubt it was archived anywhere since ive checked idgames and other sites this is for people who have played it and still have the wad

18 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

Thank you so much for this! It occurred to me after posting about this in the "wads lost to history" thread to try my luck here, I see FEDEX had beaten me to it AND you had already provided a link! :D

Map sought

It's located in some quality megawad

1. I remember it had a U-turn to the right from the first yard, 

2. after the turn there were archviles up high

3. at the end of the other side you entered the middle part between the U-turn that had arachnotrons in cages

4. Later it had a cyberdemon teleporting on the building ledge

It probably had textures similar to vanilla, brown tone. I particularly like this map that I played through around 2020 and I wish to identify it.

It was something from the early-to-mid 2000s. The level/s were based around each major forum at the time and it was very tongue in cheek. As a joke, I think there was a preview to the start of a Massmouth 2 level.

That’s all I’ve got, sadly.

@haruko haruhara  I’ve found some Armagedoom wads you requested. 
Download Links for v3 & v6 are below from

the wad archive. The maps look excellent. 

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/d29fa8f0b375f59d9f287a813c37a4750972efaf/download/armagedoom_v03.wad

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/e6b8adc26c8ed3615a93e609853319f75bec9bd3/download/armagedoom_v06.wad

No download link for v7. Sorry. 

@Doomlover77 

I have an odd query, as it's about a WAD I never played, and all I know is a story... it's an old single-level vanilla wad with the text file explaining that you're a cyberdemon who's been turned into a human, and now you must take your revenge. I might have found out about it from a review, maybe ONEMANDOOM, maybe even in Doomworld's download section, maybe something else entirely.

1 minute ago, Scypek2 said:

I have an odd query, as it's about a WAD I never played, and all I know is a story... it's an old single-level vanilla wad with the text file explaining that you're a cyberdemon who's been turned into a human, and now you must take your revenge. I might have found out about it from a review, maybe ONEMANDOOM, maybe even in Doomworld's download section, maybe something else entirely.

Sounds like Cabal series by @Soundblock 

Not too long ago somebody released a wad/mod that was like a homage to 1994 Doom mods, with simple, but creative non-orthogonal architecture and wild use of textures... it also had enemy replacement sprites that resembled Cobra Commander or some similar 1990s pop culture imagery. It was like a carefree mod that some teenager hacked together in 1994.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:15 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Not too long ago somebody released a wad/mod that was like a homage to 1994 Doom mods, with simple, but creative non-orthogonal architecture and wild use of textures... it also had enemy replacement sprites that resembled Cobra Commander or some similar 1990s pop culture imagery. It was like a carefree mod that some teenager hacked together in 1994.

you might be thinking about one of Doomkid's many popular projects:   Ray Mohawk, Ray Mohawk2, etc.

Does anyone have these?

BossBattlesBETA.rar

BloodPackplus.wad

DevastationV28.wad

Dualmod_beta_v12.wad

Dualmod_v13.wad

FsrhqVBeta1.8.wad

Thanks In advance

23 hours ago, joepallai said:

you might be thinking about one of Doomkid's many popular projects:   Ray Mohawk, Ray Mohawk2, etc.

No, it wasn't blatantly humorous as Ray Mohawk, it was more like something an enthusiastic teenager would create in 1994. More like: cool, I can replace the Baron with that baddie from M.A.S.K.

But thanks for your suggestion anyways.

Does anyone have these?

Madness_beta_v5.wad

S.S.RFA-V3.wad

TiberiumDoom_rc6b.pk3

U.S.S SOLARIA V.3.0.wad

ZDoom2Z.wad

And does anyone have the version of aeons of death that had that white rail gun from weapon resource wad it's not version 2 or aapp3 or just original version 3 but it's one of the releases of either 2 or 3 I think it's version 3 since it doesn't include missing shit plus a quake 2 shotgun not referring to the quake 2 ssg.

The file name of it I'm referring to was aeod3x.pk0

Which has the white railgun in it but it's missing various things like the blood one unit whole sounds mostly just the cultist it uses the normal doom zombie former human sounds.

Any help would be nice thanks in advance.