Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 5/31/2022 at 1:33 PM, SirJuicyLemon said:

I remember reading a topic where the creator of the WAD I'm trying to find posted about the mod they (he/she with the collab team, IIRC) were creating, it was a WIP (at least in 2019 or so) and there were some screenshots of it. All I can remember is that there it wasn't a mod intended for vanilla Doom because it required GZDoom features and the most important screenshot that I can remember was a room with 2 giant bevel gears. I can't recall if they were moving or not (I don't remember watching a video).

At the time, I could access their Discord community, but I eventually left or got kicked out for some reason and can't find it anymore.

I'm sorry but that's all the useful information I can provide with certainty.

Elementalism?

DqnWTvf1.png

4 hours ago, brick said:

The last wad Kristus worked on was Curse of the Demon Lord, it's unfinished but Kristus released the completed first 3 worlds in 2017 and posted them on the archives. A year later he posted a (non-archive) link to curse2_unreleased.zip containing the unreleased resources, which appears to be something different than the idgames upload (or at least with more stuff in it), but unfortunately the link to those seems to be now dead. I am hoping someone still has that curse2_unreleased.zip and is willing to reupload it. Kristus hasn't been online in a few months; I am assuming he'd be ok with the file being reuploaded considering he was giving away the resources for people to do as they wish (and the curse2.zip permissions explicitly allow distribution)

curse2_unfinished.zip

Hi, few weeks ago, I downloaded a wad and enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, I deleted it and I cannot find it again. So could you help me? I can't remember the name. But it's a short wad(5 level). First level is UAC themed base. Level 1 is mostly inside of the base. Your starting point is a small room and when you open the door, another huge room comes in and there are several zombies and pinkies. There is a switch on the wall on that huge room. When the switch is pressed, the wall opens to reveal the room next to it.

Second level is a huge green acid waterfall. Green acid river split the map in half.

In third level, there is a area that full of monsters(Arachnotron, Revenant, Cacodemon, Zombies, Imps, Pinkies) and you can cause mosnter infighting by simply go around that area. But you have to be careful otherwise you would fall into lava pit.

Final level is a hell themed level. The level is full of blood waterfall and lava field. The boss of that level is Spidermastermind. Spidermastermind is standing on the rock(map design is similar to Doom2 Spirit world map area where Arachnotron and Spidremastermind appear). There is a side road near the rock where Spidermastermind stands. And when you follow the side road, a stair appears and few Revenants are guarding the stair. The stair leads to Romero's head. If you destroy Romero's head, you won the game and intermission screen appears.

That's all the detail I can think of. Somebody please help me finding this wad!

Edited by adjective

Looking for an old deathmatch wad from the 90's. Was playing it in '96 so cannot be dated later than that. Here is a screen of the layout. (I have this screen because I made a remake of this map, and have since lost the original.)

Have a vague memory that the author was Brian someone maybe?

Thanks in advance.

2146624656_Screenshot2022-07-17024720.png.c7841de2403763167c7eeb6815e850f0.png

47 minutes ago, Doomlover77 said:

@Kyka I believe The map you are after in question is called Brians.wad by Brian Strough released in December 1994. @Doomlover77  

Yes that is it. Thank you so much. I was sure someone would know it. Appreciated.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:28 PM, Shepardus said:

Elementalism?

I think it's most likely (80% sure) that it is indeed Elementalism
The only thing that makes me doubt is my particular remembrance of how the original picture was (I recall the gears to be a lot bigger and inside a room), but anyways, it is unlikely to find another WAD that comes as close to those gears as this.

Thank you very much!

12 hours ago, SirJuicyLemon said:

I think it's most likely (80% sure) that it is indeed Elementalism
The only thing that makes me doubt is my particular remembrance of how the original picture was (I recall the gears to be a lot bigger and inside a room), but anyways, it is unlikely to find another WAD that comes as close to those gears as this.

Thank you very much!

Here's another screenshot I just took from elsewhere in the same map (F3), maybe it's closer to what you remember:

Screenshot_Doom_20220720_212652.png.0af7247e7ff5ef2aeee67c1ad5b0b0c2.png

There are gears in other maps too, particularly in the fire episode, so maybe just have a look around the wad. It should be a good time even if it's not what you were thinking of.

I hope someone can help me out. I tried to run PSxLost this morning in Gzdoom v4.4.2 but I got an error message on startup saying missing ‘Script error: Zmapinfo.txt - line 1 is missing Defaultmap.txt’. 
I really want to play this wad ! @Doomlover77  

Hi doomers,

I'm looking for Paul DeBruyne's set "Eight Maps" which can probably found under his original user name Maduin. Any idea where can it be found? Thx.

Not obscure, I'm pretty sure, but the name and further details escape me.

• One level featured some office spaces and cubicles made from Alpha/Beta textures
  • Zombie marines with shotguns (SS replacements) were used at times.
  • I recall a dark blue sky.
  • May or may not have had some sort of custom DeHacked final boss (could be confusing this for something else)

On 7/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, ChopBlock223 said:

Not obscure, I'm pretty sure, but the name and further details escape me.

• One level featured some office spaces and cubicles made from Alpha/Beta textures
  • Zombie marines with shotguns (SS replacements) were used at times.
  • I recall a dark blue sky.
  • May or may not have had some sort of custom DeHacked final boss (could be confusing this for something else)

Jenesis by Jimmy matches the description

On 7/29/2022 at 7:41 PM, Alaxzandarz said:

Jenesis by Jimmy matches the description

Ah, that was the one. For some reason that famous name didn't cross my mind.

Hello Gods of the Backups, i'm looking for this wads from arcades3d.org:

Doom 1 wads

e3m1est.rar - e3m2est.rar - e3m4est.rar (by Estilete)

marble1.rar (by Markus Wahlén)

rw-arena.zip (by Ralf Wueltener)

Doom 2 wads

ciudad3.rar (by Duiops)

medicina.rar (by Merlin [Kayaumari])

medivo.rar (by Samuel Lopez Rodriguez)

sinnerspp.rar (by Juan Daniel "Papamonos" Alcobre)

uaclast.rar (by Wraith)

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Fantastic, thanks! If I may ask, where did you find them?

I'm almost certain I found them on Cabro's site in 2004. The website used to have a wads page that was updated with more downloads but it no longer exists anywhere.

Edited by Mad Butcher