Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

i don't have much to go on, it was something i played at least 15 years ago at this point and i'm just going by memory. i'm looking for the very first wad i ever tried.

what i remember

• it might have been adapted to doom 2 from doom 1? i remember it being in an odd slot, like map20 or something (not exact). the page i remember reading said it was supposed to be in the episode 3 slot initially? but the version i downloaded was compatible with doom 2.
  • the music of the first map was DEFINITELY lifted directly from heretic e1m1, and the others possibly from rise of the triad??
  • i do not remember if it was vanilla, boom or zdoom unfortunately
  • i might have found it by reading the /newstuff chronicles? but in like 2006-08ish

that's the most detail i can conjure up unfortunately. there is a slight chance that it may be on some cd-r i have around, which at this point has a slight chance of even functioning. if i find that disc in the next few days, and can recover the data from it, including this pwad that hopefully resides somewhere other than the back of my mind, i will edit this post with that information

First level I am trying to remember is a treetop level where you are walking from one treetop house to another via bridges, I think. There might have been some jumping and the level was pretty open with the player able to see vast treescapes. I'm pretty sure it was part of a large megawad, and wasn't an individual level.

The second level I am trying to remember is a forest level with relatively detailed trees. I don't think you could actually walk through the trees– the paths you can walk are contained by small cliffs, maybe? The level is dark, like it takes place at night, and there are parts of it where you could walk into caves, like there were cliffs nearby the forest with cave openings. Turns out this is from Hellbound.

Edited by DoubleCakes

I feel like I post here way too much, but I'm having trouble with: Dynamic Item System v1.0.0 (Mar2015)

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=48190

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

20 hours ago, UmbrellAssassin said:

I feel like I post here way too much, but I'm having trouble with: Dynamic Item System v1.0.0 (Mar2015)

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=48190

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I hope it is the right file :)

DynamicItemSystem.pk3.zip

EDIT: If you need them, I was able to find the compatibility patches for Smooth Doom, Brutal Doom 1.9 and Brutal Doom SE

Compatibility Patches.zip

Edited by thestarrover : Added Compatibility Patches

This is a long-shot but:

It was around 2012-2013 when I played this. I don't remember much other than it was a gameplay mod where the pistol was replaced with a daisy, and when you shot an enemy they would say things in a calm voice like "thanks, man" and "far out", sounding similar to the SNES version of Space Ace. A silly and inconsequential mod but it was amusing, and I can't find it now and don't know what it was called.

Does anyone remember an obscure megawad that had a map in a laser tag arena then in the boss map you blow up a space base and run to a space ship.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, Dynamo said:

All right, this is not gonna be an easy one, but at least I have screenshots. 

image.png.81142c7631125657f68eb7d0f87ec8dc.pngimage.png.246a83d11fa46ebe387b87aae51b7e27.pngimage.png.7c6cecfba618786591e0d3b01671abe7.png

This is a WAD I played on skulltag/zandronum ages ago, unfortunately I cannot remember what it's called. What you're seeing is screenshots of the last map, and I believe that weird-looking spider there is the final boss of the WAD, wielding, if I'm not mistaken, a BFG as a weapon. This was a short wad, around 4 to 7 maps long I wanna say, and I do happen to have the sky used in the very first map, which was set in a house with imps roaming outside, and also had fog similar to the screenshots above I believe

image.png.ef4e2be13861f54064c2a4ac707c42bb.png

Any help in finding this would be highly appreciated...

This looks awesome and I would love to play it.

Any luck with I.D.?

Unfortunately I have not been able to find it yet, any help in that regard would be much appreciated of course.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, DoubleCakes said:

First level I am trying to remember is a treetop level where you are walking from one treetop house to another via bridges, I think. There might have been some jumping and the level was pretty open with the player able to see vast treescapes. I'm pretty sure it was part of a large megawad, and wasn't an individual level.

Bit of a longshot, but maybe MAP23: Trynton from Whitemare 2.

[WIP] Ixhoz: Tribulation - ZDoom
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=1030670

Just finding info for this mod is really hard. Just a couple videos on YouTube.
Hopefully you guys can help me find it. As far as I know, only the alpha was released.
Thank you.

Hello, I am looking for a wad and I think it's the right place to do so.

The most memorable thing I remember is that at a point you arrive in a level in which you'll comeback again and again and again. Each time, the level of water increases and new areas open. 

I don't think it's a megawad but it has many levels ( I think I remember that after I finished a level I was back to the standard levels of the underlying ipad ).

The level starts after what I always identified as a spaceship crash. Maybe it was in the readme or something like that. 

You have a cave in front of you ( and the first secret very quickly), and you descend into the ground until you arrive in a tech-themed base. ( You go through a lava filled area before that ). This concludes the first level.

After that you'll explore some more of this base until you arrive to this area where you'll come back multiple times. 

The area is squared, with stairs all around ( up, door, down, flat, up, door etc).

In the middle you have lost souls and cacodemons, if I remember correctly.

I don't know what else I can tell. I played it maybe one or two years ago, but I think the map is way older than that.

Thanks for you help. 

Of two I've been seeking for ages now, only one is left.

I had it on my computer in the 2000s, might be from the 90s?  It has an area with wide steps that looks just like the first part of The Big Open, but with Imps on them.  Then you get to the top and find yourself in an open outdoor area so big that it takes like 10 seconds or more for fireballs to reach you.  At one point far, far back in this open area you come to a white marble structure with steps going up the sides.  At the top of these steps are doors that Arch-Viles come out of.  And there's a lot more to the level, but that's the part I remember in detail.

I believe it replaced a later level--anywhere from like Map 7 to Map 17.  And I think it was part of a WAD with other levels, but I'm not 100% certain.

I think before the steps you come out of a cave and across some water?

I've only just recently thought about this the day fart guns was released. brought me back to an old time of the skulltag days, anyway..

I only remember 2 parts about this wad. 

1.) It was like a great value version of doom center, includeda  bunch of new weapons an what not. and it was a pretty large map with a whole buncha different stuff to do and find.

2.) One of the weapons, the reason I am making this post. Was a grenade that you threw and instead of blowing up and releasing shrapnel everywhere.. it farted. to the tune of an old episode of family guy where peter and this random guy are having a fart battle.. lol. 

That's it though. I don't expect this to be found anytime soon as it was such a long time ago but anything would be helpful. Thanks gentleman and ladies.

A DOOM 2 WAD demo that had 4 levels done afaik, played it like several months ago. First level was a techbase with a river of lava in the middle of the map, the last map of the demo as I remember was placed in a high tech base with the teleporters.

I've been searching for a doom wad for months now that I played a while a go. It's a high effort joke mod that consists of slaughter maps, with humorous weapons and dumb storyline. From what I remember you start out in a city with a nuclear bomb going off, you have to go through a lot of monsters to get to this wide open area where a marine says there is only enough room for one person in the bunker. Then you have to kill a lot of enemy marines and he then says it was a joke and you enter the bunker. The wad then turns slightly horror-ish making you fight ghosts in a dark large Russian bunker and then leading you to a large open Russian snow map with lots of Russians and tanks, and you have to go up a large hill to get this suped up bfg to kill the Russian submarines that where constantly shooting rockets at you. And at some point I think you enter a cave/volcano? It's been nearly a year since I played it but I would love to play it again if found. If you have any info on the name or the link of the wad please send it here

I'm trying to find a level I remember playing a few years ago, which was a Slough of Despair tribute with the automap in the shape of a foot. I seem to recall that one section of the map was filled with water, and there was a GSTONE or MARBLE building in that area.

It's most likely part of a larger project, however I know it's not the Slough of Despair tribute by Espi in the first Flashback demo or the one by Paul Corfiatis in his Incineration episode.

Edited by NiGHTMARE