Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Was looking into the Wild West mods threads and can't find these from it:

Cowboys vs Demons (cowboys.pk3)

High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v0.7 (HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c-SOP-AddOn_v0.7.pk3)
Rivithewarlock WDM (WesternDM 0.0.3.pk3)
Bastards UC Beta 3: (bastenh.wad)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks all.

This has probably been asked before, but if someone were to have a WAD which they didn't know much about, would it be fine to upload it here so others may see it and play it, and ask if anyone has any information regarding it or if they're the creator of it? Because I have a WAD that fits that bill.

I'm looking for Psychosis Doom 2 by Malcolm King. I remember playing it about 15 years ago but I seemed to have lost the wad. I can't find it anywhere online.

EDIT: I remember this mod had levels when I played it. I found Version 5 with 7 maps and 1 new monster on an old PC.

pdoom2.zip (version 5)

Edited by Mad Butcher

On 10/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, Mad Butcher said:

I'm looking for Psychosis Doom 2 by Malcolm King. I remember playing it about 15 years ago but I seemed to have lost the wad. I can't find it anywhere online.

PDOOM2.zip

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that this is old version 2.0 . Last known vesion is 9.0 (still missing).

Edited by VVL

Not so much a .wad file of level sets, but looking for mods that makes Doomguy have a little more health / armor / firepower (weapons/ammo) for harder mapsets:

- Prefer to be mostly vanilla-ish compatible, but Zandronum/GZDoom compatible is fine too.

- NOT Russian Overkill, that makes wads too easy

- NOT looking to increase monster difficulty or change behaviors through mods. Enemies must stay vanilla to whatever map set I run.

-- If the monster stuff can be turned off in the options, maybe.

image.png

Found this one on Instagram. Anyone knows where exactly it comes from? I believe the pic was taken in the Unity port, due to the crosshair.

36 minutes ago, Endless said:

image.png

Found this one on Instagram. Anyone knows where exactly it comes from? I believe the pic was taken in the Unity port, due to the crosshair.

that's map03 of Revolution! by Thomas van der Velden.

Anyone have any idea where these maps by Vorpal (aka Brad Spencer) went? Links are all dead.

Hah, thanks. Was hoping there were brand new Vorpal maps lost somewhere that I'm not aware of.

I'm trying to find a single-map wad that was posted on here in either 2020 or 2021, but unfortunately I'm having trouble remembering much of it. I think the author had said it was their first map, and there were comments in the thread that it was very unusual and played very differently from most typical wads. It did not have much combat, and was much more focused on exploration and puzzles. It was quite a large map. There were long narrow corridors, especially near the beginning of the map. I got stuck not far into it and wanted to give it another shot, as its gameplay was so unusual, but I just can't remember enough of it to find it.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:48 AM, brick said:

I'm trying to find a single-map wad that was posted on here in either 2020 or 2021, but unfortunately I'm having trouble remembering much of it. I think the author had said it was their first map, and there were comments in the thread that it was very unusual and played very differently from most typical wads. It did not have much combat, and was much more focused on exploration and puzzles. It was quite a large map. There were long narrow corridors, especially near the beginning of the map.

It might be 5spiders.wad. Single huge map, published in 2019, really strange, cryptic and crammed, and it starts with some really narrow corridors.

7 hours ago, Alaxzandarz said:

It might be 5spiders.wad. Single huge map, published in 2019, really strange, cryptic and crammed, and it starts with some really narrow corridors.

That's the one! Amazing that you managed to find it despite my extremely vague description (and I even had the date wrong). Thank you so much!

Hi, there was this doom 2 wad where the maps were reversed, as in Map30 was Map01, Map29 was Map02, etc. I've completely forgotten the name of it, I know it was a community project, though. Anybody know what the name of it could be? I believe it was something released in the past 5 years?

ok, I've asked in everything else space thread, but think this may be a better place.

Have you folks encountered Aftermath (wold3d inspired wad) or Laz Roajs wolf3d inspired works from the "early period" - i.e. not coming from idgames, current wolfendoom site, nor from 3ddownloads or its mirrors.

Mac versions are more then welcome.

To give you an idea, I am interested in 1st and 2nd encounter, or wads that predated astrostein.

11 hours ago, Athel said:

Hi, there was this doom 2 wad where the maps were reversed, as in Map30 was Map01, Map29 was Map02, etc. I've completely forgotten the name of it, I know it was a community project, though. Anybody know what the name of it could be? I believe it was something released in the past 5 years?

Sounds like this one: