Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

For those trying to find version two of the Weapons Resource WAD, I've already found on my own for those who want to experiment with it.

WRW_V2_FIX.WAD

It's a fixed version that plays on any modern version of GZDoom and maybe even the last version of ZDoom.

I just looked at a map recently that was a techbase map that had two color schemes.  Half the map was red themed, the other either green or blue themed.  The theme changed happened even if it was in the middle of a room.  I'm pretty sure it was in a community project, but I can't remember which wad.  Really want to play the map and I've been looking through my wad folder banging my head against a wall looking for it.  Anyone know the map?

If I recall correctly, there was a wad I remember playing that was a giant castle map. The TITLEPIC reminded me of Bram Stoker's Dracula and it was on Wad-archive.

@General Rainbow Bacon Perhaps "MAP55: Schism" in the 30-monster community project? Half of the map is red while the other half is blue, the theme change happens exactly in the middle of the room, and you start at the south end of the map. It doesn't feature a lot of silver textures though, so I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for. But I'm letting you know anyway, just in case

I think "MAP32: Split" in Good Morning Phobos also has the same visual gimmick where half of the map is (a little bit) red and the other half is blue. It also features silver textures to a certain extent. Although, I can't remember it exactly as I haven't played the map myself. But again, I'm letting you know anyway, just in case

Edited by Dubium

On the wad archive there was a Hexen conversion of houses.wad from 1995 originally by Mike Lundy for Doom2, could someone link it to me please so I can download it. If not I’ll convert the doom2 version myself.

update - now converting the Doom2 Houses.wad to Hexen on DosBox. Very successful conversion. @Doomlover77  

Edited by Doomlover77

Hi. I just wanted to find out where I can download the following wads by Squonkmatic for the People. The links to the wads on his website no longer work on the internet archive wayback machine 

Sq01 - Doom2 m1 edits 

Sqe1m1 - Doom e1m1 edits 

TheWar! - compilation of wads 

WolfenSq - compilation of Wolf themed wads 

I would like to play these. If anyone does have them please send them to me. @Doomlover77 

Edited by Doomlover77

I'm looking for the latest build of Project Brutality Draugrak's Badass Edition. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:17 AM, FEDEX said:

Hi everybody!

Someone have the maps from Doom Millenium ?

Here is the direct page, the download link seems to be deleted ..

https://www.doomworld.com/millennium/download.html

Old old post to respond to but you are still active so it counts and i stumbled upon it by surprise. And well, it has been enough time that i atleast should mention some details regarding this.

There never really was a download link, Millennium is rather infamous (along with Mordeth E2) for being in development hell.

Behind the scenes i have talked/worked with Lut to retrieve its development history to get them to /idgames (to ensure they atleast are preserved)

What i recieved was nothing but black magic (and something i owe Lut a great deal for considering the history with these):

• An entire design document detailing each and every build
  • Multiple builds of the engine + src, back from when it was a Boom-based port, to its MBF-brethren, to its final Eternity Engine approach
  • Custom hardcoded monsters, stuff that would easily be possible with newer standards but then retrofitted to these custom engines
  • Different versions of the testmap that highlight the possibilities of the engine (ZDoom-based particle system frankensteined into MBF, for instance)
  • And more

Together with an early Mordeth E2 build based off Boom (Called Moom, haha) and the Thrust TC (With its own unique engine, also given to me by Lut) they are what i consider my Magnum Opus of contribution to the Doom community. 

Here is the catch:

• One of the builds breaks the testmap and needs a fix. It obviously could be released as-is, but it would be broken
  • I agreed with Lut only to release this when Lut feels ready. Given the trust he put into me (And the fact that throughout its history, Lut has been double crossed multiple times on this mapset) i have a strong sense of abiding by that promise.
    • However the last time i had contact was back in 2021. For reasons of privacy i can't say much about the how part, but fact of the matter is that i haven't given a definitive go-ahead on this.

So you see there's my dillemma.

Epic2.wad uses very nice sounds for:

1. Lift moving up and down
  2. Slow door opening and closing
  3. Fast door opening and closing

Does anyone know the source of these sounds? Did Eternal make these sounds? I can't find these sounds in PowerSlave either.

Does anyone have nrftlchaos.wad, nrftlchaosv1.0.1.wad or nrftlchaosv1.0.2.wad? It was essentially the Maps of Chaos equivalent to No Rest For The Living which has been privated on The Sentinel's Playground and isn't archived anywhere else.

what's that zdoom megawad where every level is tiny/short, there's text interludes all over the place, and a custom weak enemy that shoots a spread of fireballs kind of like a mancubus

I remember playing certain levels in the past along the lines of Doom 2. They were fantastic levels that I thought were part of TNT or Plutonia Experiment, but actually weren't. I even played the original Doom 2 thinking they were there, but never came across them.

What I did was recreate snippets of 2 of the levels in Blender 3D. These are to the best of my knowledge, and are not accurate (not same scale as level, textures not the same, etc). I'm hoping someone will see them and recoginize the levels, and remebered where they were from.

I imagine Doom experts would know these levels quite well, but let me know if any further information is needed.

Final Example Map.PNG

Final Level Example.PNG

Later Doom Level Map.PNG

Later Doom Level.PNG

I remember playing a Doom 64 conversion for GZDoom. It was available on Moddb. It had custom monsters and weapons and a lot of settings that can be changed to fit what you want. It also had a flamethrower weapon that I can only find through idkfa. It had an arena map aswell on the episode select. (I can guarantee it wasn't Brutal Doom 64)