Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

18 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Texture_pack

I wonder where is some of the wads listed in this wiki page, can you help me find them?

Especially:

• Archtex
  • Colortex (maybe found this one as colors, but not sure is the same mentioned in the wiki)
  • Neurontex

There's a link to Archtex in this post by @Archi. I checked and, as of today, the dropbox link still works.

@Gez posted Colortex in this post. The name is the same, and it's nothing but borderless squares of single colors, so I guess it's what was described on the wiki page. As of today, the file hasn't been removed.

There's a link to Neutrontex in this post by @Jimmy. As of 2019, he still considered it to be WIP, but the link still works (at least, as of today).

Double feature of some crusty old memories that I can't put names on:

Around 2008, but likely even earlier, I was sat next to someone playing Doom on what now to me looked like E1M1, because of the snaky path through the sludge. In the sludge was a door with a monster marble texture (MARBFAC* textures) that when opened led to a teleporter or dropdown to a dark room full of spectres. The guy I watched play definitely died there. I was very young so I don't trust my memory too well on this one.

In 2013-ish I started playing Doom myself with Zandronum as my gateway drug, where I played tons of survival and co-op for years. I once played on a survival server on a map where you start in a large, bright square area surrounded by maybe BRICK7 with tons of doors (maybe BIGDOOR7) placed in the walls evenly spaced apart, the doors just had a closet inside, same width as the door, that could fit a couple cyberdemons. One of the walls of the square area had no doors, and instead was a large tunnel leading to a swarm of cyberdemons, easily a hundred (yes, this map was trash), which would quickly flood the place and end the survival round.

Looking for a map from a year ago called Xperiment by Berserker. Link is dead. 

Xperiment [UPDATED v1.2] - ZDoom

I'm looking for this map set I found on YouTube but I can't remember the name. I tried looking it up on Moddb but couldn't find anything. Its name had a musical theme and the first level had a mix of castle and tech base. the description said the Doomguy was in his study when heard a tune and went to investigate. If anyone can find anything close to this I will be very greatful

Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

I'm looking for a doom 2 pwad which I played a few years ago. I remember one map: There's a section with a large central building possibly surrounded by a moat. Around this is an open outside area. This has an outer wall, embedded in which are four/six 'chapels', each with cross-shaped windows. You must clear each chapel sequentially, each one having more difficult enemies than the last. After all chapels are cleared, you can access the central building. If I recall correctly, this contains at least one cyberdemon and some Nazis.

As far as I remember, the map had vanilla enemies, was maybe desert themed, and I don't think it was subterranean. ChatGPT suggested Plutonia 2 map28, but this wasn't it.

Looking for a wad from the 90s.. its a hawaii type of setting and it has shark enemies but not the ones on realm 667... and I think they replaced the pinkies... cant remember if the imps wore hula outfits as well

wad-file lost & found: these would be "found"

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, I've got these wad files on my computer but they have no accompanying .txt files.

Opening them in SLADE doesn't yield any clues as to their origins. They're NOT files I made.

I've screenshot'd the maps in each file that has maps and I'll link to a page here rather than

paste in all those pictures into this post. Furthermore, I can provide the actual wad files to

anybody who wants them but...

then you have the same problem I have: "What-the-hell-is-this?!"

doomsnow.wad    (12-7-2021) No maps

genox_.wad       (2-4-2013) map01

pene.wad       (12-11-2010) map01, map02, map03

*** found and documented! ***

Thanks Mad Butcher! TheCult.textish
TheCult.wad      (7-9-2004)
map01, map02, map03, map04, map05, map06,
map07, map08

Okay, don't know why I have a copy with a 2005 file date but looks like this:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/v-z/xmas

is the same thing, so nyah!

xmas.wad      (12-15-2005)
map07, map08, map09, map15, map31, map32

zdsest3.wad      (4-7-2020) map29, map30

This one is weirder because besides these two maps, it looks like all the rest of the maps

of the Doom 2 IWAD are contained in this file minus these 2 map numbers.

*** Updated my page links to add the last two (three) wad files' map screenshots. Those last

two are actually the same map, I'm assuming two different versions of same file. I guess if we

find one, we know the other. I pulled the screenshots of the already solved files, TheCult.wad

and xmas.wad. Thank you again Mad Butcher for the great memory:

zdw6-24.wad     (8-27-2010)
map07, map08, map09, map10, map11, map12,
map13, map14, map15, map16, map17, map18,
map19, map20, map21, map22, map23, map32

ztndm01_v03.wad  (5-1-2012) map01

ztndm01.wad     (9-11-2010) map01

Edited by prfunky : updated with new page links

23 minutes ago, Widow said:

Does any have DOOM 2145? Thank you in advance!

Found original release link from 2013 but get "access denied" for his Google files.

You could try contacting the author here:

i remember seeing a wad here, the only detail i have of it is that it has simple textures with a solid green floor, and grey texuters for the walls in one of the screenshots, the enemy sprites weren't modified as well

Edited by Foxstiel : reasons

3 hours ago, Foxstiel said:

i remember seeing a wad here, the only detail i have of it is that it has simple textures with a solid green floor in one of the screenshots

The solid green floor reminds me of DIY Doom, is that it?

44 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

The solid green floor reminds me of DIY Doom, is that it?

i checked and i don't think thats it, it didn't have modified enemy sprites and just had plain zombiemen, cool looking wad though

Edited by Foxstiel

3 minutes ago, Foxstiel said:

it didn't have modified enemy sprites

DIY was inspired by 1 Bad Wad. It didn't have any modified sprites. Is that it?

wad-file lost & found: another "found"

-----------------------------------------------

I have, in my possession, or umm.. my hard drive is possessed by DOOM4.WAD.

If anyone feels like riding down this rabbit hole, I ramble on about it HERE.

On vendredi 30 décembre 2022 at 5:35 PM, Pegleg said:

Gez posted Colortex in this post. The name is the same, and it's nothing but borderless squares of single colors, so I guess it's what was described on the wiki page. As of today, the file hasn't been removed.

Really surprised this got put on a wiki list...

5 minutes ago, Gez said:

Really surprised this got put on a wiki list...

This is exactly the texture pack I had dreamed of, so I'm glad it did.

Kind of a bump but I really have this gnawing at me, Starry Night is a map name of some pwad that I got through Zdaemon about 8-10 years back. Its midi is close to my heart as I will never forget it. IDK who mightve known the map but it also might be coop not sure.

EDIT: Its not MAP08 from golden souls

Hi! I vaguely remember that there was a WAD posted, most probably here on Doomworld, that is a demonstration of many mapping techniques. Something along the lines of a mapping showcase/tutorial/guide/museum. Cannot find it.

9 hours ago, m8f said:

Hi! I vaguely remember that there was a WAD posted, most probably here on Doomworld, that is a demonstration of many mapping techniques. Something along the lines of a mapping showcase/tutorial/guide/museum. Cannot find it.

BOOMEDIT perhaps? It's a showcase of what the Boom line specials can do, but if you're looking for a showcase of another format then I dunno.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/TeamTNT/boom/boomedit

It was something else. Thanks for the link - it may come in handy for some testing.

Searching yields no results. I start to think I have a false memory or something.