Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Many thanks! That's what I'm looking for.

Another file I couldn't find is Doom Without Bits On (DoomWBO.wad)

Looking for an entryway-themed DM wad from the old days. The green halls were covered in band logos, like Alice in Chains, Tool, etc. The MIDI used in the level was 'Man in the Box' by Alice in Chains, and what really sticks out in my mind the most is that there was a dead marine caught in a big spider web - it looked badass, blew me away at the time.

I can't remember more details than that, but I remember quite clearly getting it off of one of those ancient Doom websites made in geocities or Tripod or something. There was also a DM pack of entryway themed maps, where the pistol made the shotgun sound when fired, and the maps also generally had enemies present. There were no custom MIDIs, which makes it hard to identify this kind of stuff.

If these ring any bells at all, I'd appreciate it!

I played a WAD a few years ago that consisted of 1 custom map. It was ninja themed with new weapons (swords, fists, and other ninja combat weapons). It had a custom midi and the sky was cloudy-gray and it scrolled from left to right. I think it was either a duel map or a deathmatch map. I forgot the name of it, but I know it was on idgames. If anybody can find it for me, I would appreciate it.

@Doomkid, This is unrelated to the thread but check your PM :)

Doomkid92 said:

Looking for an entryway-themed DM wad from the old days. The green halls were covered in band logos, like Alice in Chains, Tool, etc. The MIDI used in the level was 'Man in the Box' by Alice in Chains, and what really sticks out in my mind the most is that there was a dead marine caught in a big spider web - it looked badass, blew me away at the time.

Sounds like DropDead.

Mad Butcher said:

Sounds like DropDead.

You're absolutely right - Thanks a million. Brings back memories of being about 5 years old.. Wowza. One of the better entryway remakes out there!

Doomkid92 said:

You're absolutely right - Thanks a million. Brings back memories of being about 5 years old.. Wowza. One of the better entryway remakes out there!

I just checked out that wad, and it was hella strange lol but it had some of my favorite bands shoehorned in almost every spot in MAP01

It is pretty weird, but it's similar to that Dwango5 idea of opening up the back end of the map, but all the band logos make it very memorable. I hope to DM on that map some time!

Hey all! So I'm looking for AOLDoom (aoldm15.zip or aoldm.wad).

Thread is here:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67915-aol-doom/

Also looking for some levels that might have been released. They were made by someone named Mr. Peterson and intended for the unreleased AOLDoom2. Here's what Rod (creator of AOLDoom) remembers about the levels:

First level was outside, like a parking lot type thing, with lots of random
monsters just all over the place. In the center of the map was a tall
"skyscraper" which was AOL headquarters, and you basically fought your way
inside. Eventually you could fight your way to an elevator and use it, ending
the level. The next 8 levels were all puzzles. Basically you started at the
elevator, which was a door that unlocked with a blue keycard, and behind that
door was the switch for the elevator, which ended the level. You had to battle
your way through the level, which was very flat and designed to look like an
office. Each level was a perfect square, like a skyscraper, but with different
paths and hallways and offices and whatnot. You eventually get the blue
keycard, and have to fight your way back to the start to use the elevator.
Peterson's levels were neat because you started at the exit, but always needed
that blue card to go up to the next floor.

The last level was on the roof of the AOL building, fighting a gigantic steve
case demon. When you killed him, somehow it triggered a sequence (no idea how
this worked) where you had basically 10 seconds to find the "exit" which was
just a part of the roof that DIDN'T have a fence. You had to jump off it and
end the level before the timer ran out or you died. Once you jump off, the
endgame sequence started which was just a picture of a building exploding and
the text would come up explaining that you successfully killed steve case and
blew up AOL headquarters. Looking back, this is some serious Columbine shit,
I'd probably get arrested for it or put on some terrorist watchlist today.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for a wad I played about 3 years ago. Not sure of when it was made but it had some very sophisticated scripting and dehacked stuff going on. I remember being very impressed.

- I remember there only being a few maps, maybe 5 or 6 at the most
- was able to play in zdoom or gzdoom
- story was very important to the wad. I remember cut scenes and initially being helped by a monster (an imp or an archvile perhaps?) and then betrayed by him later on
- the ending boss was something else. I think it was based on a spiderdemon that could manipulate the gravity in the level and had some of the craziest dehacked attacks I'd ever seen. I've been playing doom since it was released and haven't seen anything like it since.

Any help y'all can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

i recall someone popping in on Doomworld a couple of months ago and released a 32 level megawad, vanilla i think? i can't remember the name of the thing, something about "tech" perhaps, and i don't feel like going through a large number of threads on here just to find it.

it had a lot of MIDIs based on popular songs in it, like She's A Maniac (on map 2), and the remix of Das Boot (also on the first episode somewhere). the first episode, before going into Doom 2's "city episode", had a pretty 90's mapping feel to it, while the city levels, and presumably later ones, were much larger, and much more difficult, about the difficulty and size of most modern projects these days. all the map names were in a different language, i think Spanish, and so were the intermission texts too.

anyone know which one i'm talking about?

This was requested before and it's kind of a long shot. I'm wondering if anyone has version 3.0 of Stop Keen (keen3pc.zip) and music (keen3mus.zip) by Christian Loos/Heiko Nees. I contacted Christian a few years ago and he sent me version 2.0 of the wad. I couldn't find any contact info for Heiko Nees.

Download: Stop Keen v2.0

I'm also looking for wereabbit's The Lost Temple map, and the Nov. 7th update of Oscuridad Station. Older version is here.

I found a modification for Doom no more than a month ago here on DW forums, yet I do not recall its own date or name.

I remember this quote
"Emphasis of/on speed"

-This mod was an enhancement mod
-Not for Edge
-Obviously sped up Doom
-I recall when initially finding the thread, I was looking for blood/gore mods

Only just now do I feel a sudden interest in it, and yet in my scouring of Firefox history and searching everything I could, I could not find it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.