Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for a couple of VERY old WADs made for DOOM 1.

1) I remember the first level very well. It's a large room with red bricks under the open sky (episode Knee-Deep in the Dead). In the very beginning you are attacked by Cacodemons and invisible Demons (Pinkies). In the center of the room there is a sort of "multi-portal" guarded by Baron of Hell. This "multi-portal" is divided into several portals leading to different rooms. For instance, a portal of green acid transports you into a room with acid for floor and 4 other portals guarded by Soldiers. Lava portals takes you to a place with lava for floor and four portals guarded by Lost Sould. In the end you get into a small dark room with Cyberdemon. You're standing behind his back and, if you go around him, you will find an invulnerability. And, while you're fighting the Cyberdemon, the floor goes down and, eventually, there is a passage to the room in which you were at the beginning of the game. 

2) Also Knee-Deep in the Dead. There is a room with light-brown walls. If you turn to the right, you will face a bunch of monsters and there you will also find an elevator to the second storey. The elevator goes very high and there, on the second storey, you will be confronted by three Barons of Hell. In the second level you get into a dark room with round room in the center. In this room there's also a kind of elevator. On two sides of the room there are large doors behind which there are Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind (or a bunch of Barons of Hell - on easier Difficulty Levels). In the end of the level you get into a kind of a labirynth. And somewhere in the middle of the episode there's a level where you begin in a dark green room with many doors. All doors lead to the same large room with white walls and wooden floor. There is a lot of Spider Masterminds inside and a couple of Cyberdemons.

I'd appreciate any help in finding these WADs! :)

Can somebody help my find a copy of Classic Rivalry? I remember seeing a version with more stuff in it.

I remember playing a vapourwave style wad, it was boom compatible with some cool shotgun sprites, 4-6 maps in total.

Just now, DoodGuy said:

I remember playing a vapourwave style wad, it was boom compatible with some cool shotgun sprites, 4-6 maps in total.

Is this what you're looking for?

1 minute ago, MrD!zone said:

Is this what you're looking for?

On an unrelated note...

0/10 Not enough aesthetic

I'm looking for an SNES DOOM mod named SNESDoom.pk3, but the link I've found is dead.

There was another interesting WAD (episode replacement) for DOOM 1 (perhaps, made in 1994-1995). It contained the following levels (I don't remember much, but I remember certain very specific features):

1) Probably, E1M1. You begin in a room with light-brown walls in some parts of which there are explosive barrels. In the beginning you are mostly confronted by Zombiemen and Lost Souls. There are also windows to some large space with grey walls and toxic waste (acid) for floor. To get to this space, you need to find a key for the door leading there. In that large spacious room you will find an unusual wooden construction. The unusual thing about this construction is that it ends with a triangle, kinda like a pyramid. It's like a bell tower with a small room guarded by a Baron of Hell near the top. Behind that construction you will find the exit which is also unusual. It's an elevator. Although it has the texture of these metal EXIT doors from the original first episode of Doom (usually there was an Exit sign above such door).

2) There was also a level in which there was a green brick fortress surrounded by toxic waste trench.

3) There was a level in which the exit switch was right behind you - all you need to do is turn around and turn it on, although the level itself is quite large and difficult enough.

4) There was a level that took place in a small dark room with green textures of the floor and walls. The most difficult in this level was to kill the Cyberdemon who was on a kind of long rightangled platform. The exit in this large dark room was in a box-like room with Cacodemons. You had to open a secret door in that room - the door was not different from the walls in texture.

5) There was a level (probably E1M5) in which you found yourself in a room with a door. You open the door, you go down the stairs and find yourself in a very large dark room in which there is a kind of a labyrinth. By the elevator you can also go to the top of the walls of this labirynth.

Basically, that's all I can recall. 

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for what I believe is a single level wad. The level is pretty dark and has lots of lost souls. You start off in a large rectangular hall that slowly opens up as you explore the various smaller rooms inside the hall.  Lots of brown wall textures are used. On either side of the hall is a series of doors that open up into smaller hallways running parallel to the main hall that are full of imps and zombie soldiers. I know this sounds generic and I probably won't find it, but that's the best I can do. The music isn't a typical midi file. It's this slow paced atmospheric almost orchestral piece with low droning violin-like sounds. I thought the map was called something like Dethrail or Dethrain, but apparently that's not the name. I think it's an older mod from the 90s.

I'm looking for a post post apocalyptic tc. I remember playing a one level demo of it. I remember the hud being sorta fallout themed.

So I remember playing a ZDOOM mod with 8-something levels and new enemies. There's a tech level, organic level, even snow level, and giant imps are one of the new enemy variants.

Anyone play a megawad with a restaurant level in it? Unfortunately that's the only detail I can remember about it. That and all the end level switches were in these green pillar things.

I believe to have played a turok like wad

with many if not most levels situating outdoors

with ancient temples and such stuffs

and it was a megawad even with vehicles!? 

I remember there was a co-op oriented megawad I played years ago on ZDaemon. The first map was an open, bright and colorful courtyard, and there was a cyberdemon stuck on a ledge near the start of the map. I remember finding it on idgames once, and I remember the author described themselves as a French Muslim in the text file, if that helps to identify it.

It was a really cool WAD, I wish I could remember its name.

On samedi 16 décembre 2017 at 1:22 AM, MrD!zone said:

I'm looking for a post post apocalyptic tc. I remember playing a one level demo of it. I remember the hud being sorta fallout themed.

Ashes 2063, perhaps?

On 12/17/2017 at 6:55 AM, taufan99 said:

So I remember playing a ZDOOM mod with 8-something levels and new enemies. There's a tech level, organic level, even snow level, and giant imps are one of the new enemy variants.

Bump

How the flying fuck did I not see this thread? Anyways, I'll copy what I posted thoughtlessly around the forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a specific 'Jukebox' mod.

Before anything else, I must note that this is not (or likely is not) Jimmy's Jukebox. It worked very akin to the SNES Jukebox found on ZDoom froums.

This mod was generally the same deal as the SNES jukebox, though used midi-fied metal/rock tracks. I've had it in the past but I believe I thoughtlessly deleted it at some point. I've searched up and down bing, yahoo, and google results and got nothing, even when changing around the words to search with.

Can anyone link me to this mod, if anyone knows what it is or has it? I'd like a download of the file.

EDIT: I recall it had Black Sabbath in the tracks as well, if that's any help.

That was probably "Now That's What I Call MIDI" which was shipped with Term's Demonsteele mod.