Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

This might be the wrong place to ask since it might not be a specific wad  but what are "magewads"? Was recommended as good practice wads for Vanilla, CF, and BD.

I'm looking for a doom wad where you start off in this us ww2 era plane and it crashes in the arctic and there's this base and there was like this thing where you had to bandage yourself and you had a 1911.

40 minutes ago, BloxcastJason said:

I'm looking for a doom wad where you start off in this us ww2 era plane and it crashes in the arctic and there's this base and there was like this thing where you had to bandage yourself and you had a 1911.

I haven't played it but this sounds like Cold as Hell.

Does anyone remember a weapon mod with a kinda vanilla shotgun but with attached belt, and when you move, the belt is swinging a little like there's physics?

This is probably a long shot, but I'm trying to find a specific Hexen WAD that I remember playing back in the late '90s.  It may have been something I found online or it may have come from a PC magazine cover disk.  It was a single level rather than a hub, but a pretty large one, and I recall the overall layout as being an inner and an outer section divided by a huge irregular chasm that you had to cross over at various points, the path of progression meaning that you don't get that all the pits you're crossing are all part of the same circular chasm until quite late on.  Name was something like MONK.WAD, MONK1.WAD, or something to do with a monastery?  And the overall aesthetics were a lot like the Winnowing Hall or any of the Hub 3 maps.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Mere_Duke said:

Does anyone remember a weapon mod with a kinda vanilla shotgun but with attached belt, and when you move, the belt is swinging a little like there's physics?

There was a build of brutal Doom a few years ago that had this though I don’t remember which one it was.