Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, AschTheConjurer said:

 

 

Yeah those are the TNT: Evilution secret levels, Pharaoh and Caribbean. I just played through them the other day.

Share this post


Link to post

I remember watching a youtube video a VERY long time ago of a dude (And I'm pretty sure one or more of his friends) playing through a doom wad where it's just a bunch of blue nearly identical rooms filled with different patterns of monsters. I don't know whether this was the whole wad, a whole map, or just part of a map, but I remember the video and I'm driving myself insane trying to find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 1:00 AM, haruko haruhara said:

does anyone have boss battles latest version the link is dead on zandronum

A lot of Zandronum stuff can be found here:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/wads.php

Here is the one you are looking for:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=bossbattles_v17za.pk3

Or maybe the classless version, if you want to add a weapons or classes wad:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=bossbattles_classlessv6.pk3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Empyre said:

A lot of Zandronum stuff can be found here:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/wads.php

Here is the one you are looking for:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=bossbattles_v17za.pk3

Or maybe the classless version, if you want to add a weapons or classes wad:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=bossbattles_classlessv6.pk3

Thanks alot

Share this post


Link to post

Reposting again, and tweaked for a bit more clarity:

 

So I'm trying to find a WAD I played around a year ago on a Zandronum server, and I think no mods were used. The mappack in question might have been a slaughterwad, judging from the one level I played and never beat.

 

Now, the map itself, I remember neither its name nor its number (though it might have been MAP09, I could be very wrong here) but what I do remember is that it was... very gray. Gray textures everywhere, except for the skybox and actors. You start off in a small square room which leads to a large outside courtyard-like area littered with cacodemons, with a bunch of revenants crowding atop some pillars. Beyond lies a long rampart that stretches along the length of the courtyard, with a partition in the center. There were two elevators on either end of the rampart, each leading up a corridor full of imps, and some archviles at the end. Both corridors go along the length of the rampart towards the center, where lies a switch on each end. I never got to hit those switches, so I don't know what they do and how the level progresses further.

Share this post


Link to post

Memfis made a submission for DTWID in 2011, an E1M1 replacement. It was apparently uploaded to the site but both it and his original link are gone and - I've already asked - he doesn't have it anymore. Calling all DTWID archivists and hoarders in general.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

Memfis made a submission for DTWID in 2011, an E1M1 replacement. It was apparently uploaded to the site but both it and his original link are gone and - I've already asked - he doesn't have it anymore. Calling all DTWID archivists and hoarders in general.

It included in Ultimate Doom Project Leftovers as e1m1

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Сhaingunner said:

It included in Ultimate Doom Project Leftovers as e1m1

 

 

Interesting since it isn't mentioned in the body of the .TXT. Still holding out for the original.

Share this post


Link to post

So I have two wads I'm trying to find. One is super old (maybe 97) and all I remember is it was a cyberdemon came from behind a door, and the door I belive had on it in blood writing "Happy Valentines Day".

 

My second one is a much more recent map that takes place in space, I believe has a Blue moon or planet in the sky, uses translucent glass and such, on the easy side but looked pretty. I'd say no more than 5 years old, but I'm pretty sure like a year or two. Thought it was back to Saturn X but I was wrong on that. I'm also pretty sure (but not positive it had slopes in it as well as room over room implemented as well. Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, joepallai said:

@DemilinX

The only thing that comes to mind is an Adelusion level but I never played it and can't recall the name (wasn't a Heretic player).  

 

 

I figured it out! "The Unholy Trinity" by Steve McCrea, Simon Wall, and Elias Papavassilopoulos from 1994 based upon Trinity College in Cambridge, England.

 

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/university/trinity2

 

If I recall this file was temporarily removed from ftp.cdrom.com due to a copyright issue arising from one of the textures. I'm glad to see that it remains accessible or the copyright holder has moved past the legal wrangling. Another fuzzy memory I have is of a cyberdemon in the middle of the courtyard. This may have been the case with the original trinity.wad and rectified with the release of trinity2.wad. The "cinema" was a new idea in 1994 and is not impressive by today's standards. It's a fun concept map.

655px-Unholy_Trinity_map.png

trinity2.png

Share this post


Link to post

I remember that map (well the courtyard at any rate).  Glad to hear you found it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

WAD where kills drop little balls/xp points that can be used to buy weapons/equipment/skills. Not Guncaster.

I think what you're looking for is WildWeasel's Style https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/ww_style

Share this post


Link to post

@Allison Is Livid
@Keyboard_Doomer

Sorry about the very late reply.
Did a level-skip to check them out and it absolutely was MAP31 & MAP32 of TNT Evilution I was thinking of.
It wouldn't have even occurred to me it was one of the IWADs, I assumed I was remembering player-made content.
Cheers guys.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, TheHoodieGuy02 said:

I already forgot much about the PWAD I was talking about, but here's what I can recall:

- Since it was one of my earliest PWAD I have (about 10 or 9 years ago) and it's compatible with Vanilla Doom, I'm pretty sure it's an old PWAD.
- It's a full 32-map pack for DOOM 2 with different musics for each map.

- MAP28's music is CANYON.MID
- MAP31's take place in sort of hellish series of alcove, and it's music has a Phil Collins' Take Me Home vibe on it (not sure if it's actually MIDI rendition of the song)

- One of the maps is take place in some sort of giant library

Dimensions of Time

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, XIII said:

Reposting again, and tweaked for a bit more clarity:

 

So I'm trying to find a WAD I played around a year ago on a Zandronum server, and I think no mods were used. The mappack in question might have been a slaughterwad, judging from the one level I played and never beat.

 

Now, the map itself, I remember neither its name nor its number (though it might have been MAP09, I could be very wrong here) but what I do remember is that it was... very gray. Gray textures everywhere, except for the skybox and actors. You start off in a small square room which leads to a large outside courtyard-like area littered with cacodemons, with a bunch of revenants crowding atop some pillars. Beyond lies a long rampart that stretches along the length of the courtyard, with a partition in the center. There were two elevators on either end of the rampart, each leading up a corridor full of imps, and some archviles at the end. Both corridors go along the length of the rampart towards the center, where lies a switch on each end. I never got to hit those switches, so I don't know what they do and how the level progresses further.

Seems I managed to answer my own question: it's from the Crusher Experiment. And it was indeed MAP09.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey folks.

So @EANB over in the TADYJF thread has a vague memory of a map that did abuse the MAP30 monster telestomp hack:

 

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/57270-things-about-doom-you-just-found-out/?do=findComment&comment=2014057

On 8/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, EANB said:

I remember one wad (I can't remember the name, possibly Hell Revealed or another famous wad) used this for dramatic effect on map 30 by making a bunch of zombiemen teleport in before an Arch Vile, showering the area with blood and gibs. Looked pretty cool.

 

A peek at HR's MAP30 says that it wasn't it, but some other WAD.

Does it ring a bell for anyone?

Share this post


Link to post

@wrkq

 

Zombiemen and archvile don't ring a bell but since it seems from the thread you aren't necessarily looking for that one particular map I recall 2 wads that also make use of this:

Epic 2 - there are 2 spots close to each other where bunch of monsters teleports on top of each other and only the last one survives and is also stuck in that place because of the monster-blocking lines there that facilitate the telefragging

Kama Sutra - if you go the "adults" route some of the cyberdemons will inevitably telefrag each other but since there's nothing in place that would enforce any particular pattern in which they teleport in it's up to luck how many of them will actually die in this way

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wrkq said:

Hey folks.

So @EANB over in the TADYJF thread has a vague memory of a map that did abuse the MAP30 monster telestomp hack:

 

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/57270-things-about-doom-you-just-found-out/?do=findComment&comment=2014057

 

A peek at HR's MAP30 says that it wasn't it, but some other WAD.

Does it ring a bell for anyone?

 

I saw this recently in DSV's MAP30 but the one that has always stuck with me is Memento Mori II's MAP30.

Share this post


Link to post

There's a level that I forget to save to my hard drive, and it's bugged me. I used to hit the "random" button on the idgames archives in the hope I'd find a hidden gem, and just once I did. It was from 1994 or 1995 - really incredibly early, but it was a large, well-designed map. Simple textures and generally streamlined design, but there was a lot of it and it felt two-three years ahead of its time.

 

The majority was a castle / mansion house, and outside was a long river that had a far bank. At one end there was a pool of water, at the other (on the near bank) a circular cyberdemon arena. It wasn't famous in any way - it wasn't by Jim Flynn, not his style - and I probably wrote the only review (which would have began "this is dated x") but it was unusually large and complex for such an early map. No custom textures and I suspect the idgames date was 2012 or something even though it was made in 1994 or 1995.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys I've been trying to remember an Ultimate DOOM (I think) PWAD I played about half a year or so ago.

One level took place on an E1 style tech base and there's fake out exit at the end where you press the switch and an elevator lowers to reveal an outside arena with a large horde of monsters to fight.

I thought it was in like No End in Sight, 2002, Double Impact, or DTWiD Lost Episode but I didn't find it when I briefly idclev the levels.

Sound familiar?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×