Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for a wad that I played like 5 years ago, the wad itself is probably older than that. My memories are not the most accurate, and I have barely any. The custom monster used in this wad could be our biggest clue. I can only remember the first 2 maps. So in the first one, you start in your average UAC base which is pretty dark and it is mostly gray in color, also you often find these creatures called "shadow" from realm667 on that map. The next one is totally different like you went back in time. It's more like hexen in design, more fantasy-like. The only other thing I can remember from that level is the use of 2 custom monsters. One is called "satyr" also from realm667 and the other one is octobrain from duke 3d (could be something similar). And color palette wise it's a more brownish level, or at least the ground is.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me find this wad! I've been looking for it for a while now.

Much of what you write makes me think of Osiris, though I don't recall it having anything like an Octabrain.

Unfortunately, this is not the wad I've been looking for, but this looks pretty interesting so I'm not complaining and I'm grateful.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, Fryuko said:

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me find this wad! I've been looking for it for a while now.

Did the maps have 3d floors and slopes? All of this makes me think of the cheogsh wads. I think cheogsh 2 starts in a techbase but im not really sure.

Alright, posting here since I can't find it anywhere, but I am looking for a wad that was in early beta, it looked like a sci-fi style roguelike shooter and was using a limited color palette ( perhap 24 colors or less for textures and guns ) Some very cool sci-fi weapons as well and very bright, colorful levels. Monsters looked like drones and jumping critters too?

I can't remember the name, but it looked like this: https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/cthon/promo/promoImageId,465024/

One of the weapon was a flamethrower if my memory don't fail me.

Now this is one actual map wad that I don't remember.

It's about one medieval-like town that then you access some short of sewers, I know it was a "modern medieval" town because it holds an energy generator box in one place.

Can you help me find it?

Could somebody provide working link to Rootpain.wad, please? All links I can find online are either dead or on potential malware sites. Thanks.

I know this is probably not the right thread, but... does Rootpain work for you? I tried GZdoom 4.2.4, but the embryo doesn't appear. It works in old Zdoom, but some graphics is corrupted.

This one is a large semi-open area map that has a boss battle near the end where you have to run around a circular room with a spider mastermind in the center, using the scenery(some of which I believe moves) to avoid being shot, with the end being a switch to lower a crusher. The end escape section loops back to the start area. I believe it's all a single map but it could have been broken up.

Definitely NOT Keeper of the Seven Keys 3's mastermind level, not even close, and the level is much older.

16 hours ago, diosoth said:

This one is a large semi-open area map that has a boss battle near the end where you have to run around a circular room with a spider mastermind in the center, using the scenery(some of which I believe moves) to avoid being shot, with the end being a switch to lower a crusher. The end escape section loops back to the start area. I believe it's all a single map but it could have been broken up.

Definitely NOT Keeper of the Seven Keys 3's mastermind level, not even close, and the level is much older.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, but....I also can't remember it's name...Though i remember it being pretty recent, and it was a single map.

In a discussion elsewhere, I heard about a mapset that is based on each map only having one type of weapon (for example, Map 01 only has the pistol, Map 02 only has the chaingun, Map 03 only has the chainsaw, and so on). I've been trying to find this mapset, if it exists. Thus far, I have been unsuccessful. Unfortunately, I don't know anything else about the mapset. I thought maybe it would be called something like "One Gun" or "One Weapon" (similarly to "One Monster"), but there's nothing like that.

Has anyone heard of a mapset like this?

Hi all, 

I wonder if you can help, I’m trying to track down a wad called Cinema2.wad

I remember it coming on a pc gamer U.K. cover cd in the region of 1995-1997.

it was based around the theme of a cinema, it had the front cinema foyer and screen area then opened out at the back into a big courtyard which was mostly green From memory and had a central area with a cyberdeamon if I remember. 

it also had a really catchy custom music track too. 

I’ve tried for the last year on and off to find it google is no help, I did find a few pc gamer disk archive sites but not found it yet though that said their archives are not 100% and downloads reliant on unseeded torrents. 

im sure it was a wad they found from the community at the time and included so presumably it existed somewhere beyond their cover cd. 

appreciate any help. 

21 hours ago, Grazza said:

Not at my computer right now so can't check if the details match, but it's possible the wad you're remembering is theatre2.wad, which is in the archive.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/theatre2

thanks I’ll take a look, funnily enough after posting here I did find that certain the was was called cinema, will give it a try as soon as I can get on a machine with doom and post back.

thanks

I was playing a mod with Hexen that randomized and made small changes to monsters such as color/"elemental" properties (i.e. there was a poison variant that left a trail of green slime) as well as changing the name of the specific monsters and adding a little emblem that floated above the monster to tell its type. Not sure if it was specifically for Hexen.

Edit: nevermind, it's MK Champions

Edited by Faxed Head : Resolved

I don't know if somebody has made this and released it for public, but is there a Sega Saturn port status bar mod? I'm not a big fan of the PSX port status bar, what with the terribly scaled face sprites...

There was this map pack with custom monsters that were mostly headless, and also had enemies which were the heads attached to robotic spider legs. I can't remember the name. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about

On 2/23/2020 at 3:09 AM, Rockethero15 said:

There was this map pack with custom monsters that were mostly headless, and also had enemies which were the heads attached to robotic spider legs. I can't remember the name. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about

Sounds like "Beyond Reality", but I might be wrong. Good luck with search. 

20 minutes ago, mmww said:

Does anyone know what WAD this is from? See attached screenshot.

randomTemp15349816223818950102.jpg

It's from "Golden Souls 3" demo. 

Sorry for double posting.