Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Csonicgo

Dreamcast homebrews

I've come across a "brand new" (in box) Dreamcast with VMU , Rumble pack and some web browser CD. I've been told I can revive this thing with homebrew games and emulators (!!!) but finding things have been slim to none.

Since my google-fu is shit right now, I thought I'd ask you guys. Have any of you ever dabbled in DC homebrews/emulation? If anything I'd love to have a famicom FDS emulator running on this thing.

Here, here!

Best place of interest to you right now is dcemulation.org. Great bunch of people who are supportive and still make those games today! There are a ton more links, so I think you should PM me...don't think I can post them here.

I am involved in a DC production at the moment, though it's too early to talk about it now, called Scourge. The other big two are TAHI and Sturmwind, so you should keep your eyes peeled on those as they are independent releases. There have been a multitude of in-box games released over the last decade, well after the lifespan.

They have SNES emus, FDS stuff, Genesis, even Bleem!Cast stuff that runs PSX games.

Too much stuff to list here, but it's a hell of a system to mess with!

;)

I haven't messed with my Dreamcast in ages, but I do remember playing the Rise of The Triad port that's listed on the dcemulation site. It was quite good.

So far all I've seen is a disorganized community with no inkling of redundancy so that when a site dies, the entire source code + binaries are lost. This is VERY disappointing.

Turns out it's not as simple as burning a binary file onto a disc using your favorite CD burning software, as I was told.

Actually, it IS that easy, it just depends on what you're looking for. There ARE sites, like I said, but I can't post the links here.

So like, FPS ports? Back catalogue? Emulators? I can direct you around if needed.

Chu said:

Actually, it IS that easy, it just depends on what you're looking for. There ARE sites, like I said, but I can't post the links here.

So like, FPS ports? Back catalogue? Emulators? I can direct you around if needed.

I just wanted an emulator that can play Akumajō Densetsu for Famicom without a hitch. I own the game, but would like to be able to play it on TVs that can't do 240p well.