Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

I like these because they look very faithful (I'm sort of a purist). It reminds me of 80's sci-fi movies. And that shadowing is awesome.

I made a first touch on Stargr2. It seems to me that I need to broaden the slot between panels. Of course this is work version without decals and without proper shading. I think that the star textures are made from some kind of synthetic material, more like plastic, but harder, less like metal. Look at the bullets holes on original - they don't have any signs of smoke around them. On the other hand there are traces of fire in other places. I do not know what think about that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stargr1 ingame (not tileable yet):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd say the rusty brown'n'gray ones from the screenshot need more contrast, but not as much as the grey one above. :D

It might also be because the art style is more different to the surrounding textures and flats than the first STARx texture Reinchard did.

I like the reduced panel depth. I think I might soften the shadows a bunch and make this one more subdued, because it's kind of a boring texture anyway.

You should probably render them without perspective. It is really obvious in the last image and it will tile badly because of it, I bet.

Antroid said:

You should probably render them without perspective. It is really obvious in the last image and it will tile badly because of it, I bet.

Yea, I thought that stood out too, the wall seemed to have been rendered at an angle and as you are supposed to look at it flat on, the shadows and shape did not make sense.

Its looking better now though :)

Much better, but your last attempt on the first page was still better. I'm not sure about the computer on the lower left, though. I mean, it looks good but how will it look when tiled?

I wasn't liking this texture until this last image. Now I love it and it looks like it would work quite well in game. It also looks very different from my version of the same texture which adds more variety to the community. I do miss those neat bullet holes in the glass though. I guess they were too eye catching when tiled.

That last one is almost exactly how i always imagined the star* textures to look. Maybe the bottoms of the panels could be more round, like the tops, but otherwise it's great, you got the shading spot-on too! (saying purely from the recent memory of the original texture and without actually looking at them side by side)

Looks Perfect. Except that one red spot above the lower-left computer. I think it's supposed to be an LED light or something similar.

Flynn Taggart said:

it's supposed to be an LED light or something similar.

Exactly! I wonder if it was to be an LED light or some kind of small label with instructions/warnings.

Looking really nice! I agree, the red dots might be an LED.

That translates in-game a lot better than I thought it would have! (Good to see the comparison, too.)

I still prefer lo-res textures personally, but you're definitely making a good case for the spiffication of Doom.

EDIT:
put this GIF together, for easier comparison:
(28KB)

Try lightening the area between panels so the contrast isn't as strong. But the rest is great! Have you thought of what texture to attempt after the STARx series?

Avoozl said:
It's surpising that some people think that startan is one word rather than star and tan let alone call the green variation startan.

It is one word. It's the type of tan you get from starbathing. Out there in space, people that aren't lucky enough to have the sun nearby settle for what they can get.

Pfeh! Young'ens... Clearly it's pronounced 'Saint Tartan,' so named after the patron saint of all true, fashion conscious Scots!

But seriously, I misspoke it as 'spartan' for waaay longer than I'd care to admit.

V cool but it looks like stone, just turn the contrast down a bit to get that plastic look

Mr. T said:

V cool but it looks like stone,

I think that's what I don't like about it. I don't picture it to be plastic... Maybe more like kind of a futuristic ceramic/fiberglass material.

Hmm, I think that you removed too much of the iron texturing this time. The shadows look nice though

I quite liked the stony look, mainly because I always thought it was stone....or some kind of futuristic stony kind of material.

The new look which is less stony looking, im not sure on, I do like it, but not what I envisioned it would be like. Would need to see this in game to see how it looks compared to the other in game version.

......if that made any sense lol