Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

The switch texture is awesome. Stone 3 texture seems to have less mold than original, also original doesn't have these white smudges stone 2 has

I like the white spot on the first stone. Looks like it was patched up. Might look better with some grooves from the mason's tool.

Here's new switches and new version of floor5_3 (without Blox extreme contrast which make this texture less similiar to original; I'm add only little more contrast and some lights on edges, some noise and make whole texture little sharper).

Swithes:

Floor5_3:

Love the switch!

BTW I was playing with your textures in-game and I just wanna give you some advice on how you can improve on some textures.

On BROWNGRN, the embossments on the top part of the texture should be green instead of purple. And there should be some brown streaks thrown on there to even out the colors. There is also a small bevelled line on the very top of the texture.

Some of the proportioning on COMPTILE panels and the STEP1 light are a little bit off. The panels and light should be a bit larger.

COMPUTE2 should have grime stains, rust, and should be darker on the grey parts. It looks too clean compared to the original. And it is missing a "component" on the right of the top row.

STEP4 and BROWN1 looks a little too light compared to originals. Maybe darken the stains.

The switch looks very faithful to the original but looks too much like something from the '70s, not your fault though.

Ok, so here is new version of Exitdoor, new but not final version. I need a couple days to finish them. Tell me what you think:

I like how its look in 3d:

The EXITDOOR looks very nice, certainly matching a ton better than the first version.

DooM_RO said:

FANTASTIC Exitdoor! How many textures do you still have to remake for E1M1?

I counted somewhere around 10-15. I think including a few flats.

P.S. I think the FLOOR5_3 could use some saturation. It's a little pale in-game.

I think the two giant pipes on the side could be a wee bit darker, to give it some contrast as opposed to bland bronze. Idk if it'll look good or not though

Thanks for comments and suggestions. Today I start making new version of browngrn (as I say before, this is really difficult texture). This one is not tiled yet, but in my opinion looks much better then last version and is much more like original, then the one from dhtp pack.

BloodyAcid said:

I think the two giant pipes on the side could be a wee bit darker, to give it some contrast as opposed to bland bronze. Idk if it'll look good or not though

Yes, I also hope you plan on coloring that door a bit more.

Reinchard666 said:

And rough version of nukage24 (I notice there is something wrong in Y axis)

Don't worry about that Y offset issue, its the result of a really old kludge in Doomsday that we simply haven't gotten around to addressing yet.

I believe the original purpose of which was to hide the unsightly "green lines" that would otherwise be visible there when using linear texture filtering and unclamped textures. Back then Open GL didn't even feature texture wrap clamp modes (which goes to show just how old the Doomsday renderer is).

The first BROWNGRN texture looks better.

Do you think it might look better if the nukage24's brown component was a wee bit darker?

Yeah I like the first brngrn better. And that nukage wall looks awesome