Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

WinTex Questions

Couple things...

First, how do you delete textures in WinTex?

I got the patch deleted, but now the texture won't go away, causing a bad texture message every time I try to run it. I tried edit-cut texture in the texture manager, but the texture keeps on coming back. For now, I've temporarily given that texture a different patch to make things work.

Second, how do you get custom textures into WinTex? I made a bmp file, clicked load entry from file, and it loads okay, but it goes into the GFX section, not into the patches. How do I get it into the patches list?

First, how do you delete textures in WinTex?

You can't. Well, there is one way: try cut the textures you don't want, and then just don't paste them back. That should work :)

Second, how do you get custom textures into WinTex? I made a bmp file, clicked load entry from file, and it loads okay, but it goes into the GFX section, not into the patches. How do I get it into the patches list?

Go into the patches section and then load entry from file.

Originally posted by Fredrik
You can't. Well, there is one way: try cut the textures you don't want, and then just don't paste them back. That should work :)

That's exactly what I tried, but it still didn't work. Oh well.

Go into the patches section and then load entry from file.

Aha, that works. Thanks Fred =)

Originally posted by Maonth
can't you do it with XWE as well?

I guess you can. Spammer there.

This worked for me....

I deleted the patch of the texure in question...then I cut the actual texture in question out...then selected another texture and move the patch up and down and then exit....it worked for me anyways.