Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tourettes

Trailer Park Boys project

I want to make a Trailer Park Boys map. I map based on Sunnyvale. I figure it would double as deathmatch and coopertive map.

Misc. Goals
- Player skins based on Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Mr.Lahey, Randy, Cory, Trevor, Ray, J Roc and T.
- A few trailers you can go in, as well as bubbles shed
- Sound effects and samples from the show
- The themesong as music

Deathmatch. goals
- Guns based on the ones used in the show
- Piss jugs

Coopertive. goals
- enemies Mr. Lahey, Randy, Cryus, Cops
- have the cyberdemon be mr.lahey driving around in his car throwing piss jugs
- somehow have the bottle kids

I can do the mapping, I can do the sounds and I can probably do the guns, but I totally need help with the character sprites.

Does what I have planned sound good?

tourettes said:Does what I have planned sound good? [/B]

Honestly in my opinion, no. I mean, I do love the TPBs, but tv crossovers to doom usually end up being terrible. Of course, this shouldn't stop you from doing what you want to do. Maybe you could pull a batman TC.

I recently got into this TV show so naturally this excited me. But with the way you're describing it, it seems like there wouldn't be much action unless you're comfortable with a bunch of Randy and Lahey clones running around...

I in vision this map as being much more of a hang out wad. The death matching would be the most fun, but its Trailer Park Boys, so why wouldn't you not to be able to hang as well.

Wouldn't have to be clones.

- 1 Lahey
- 1 Randy
- 1 Cyrus
- 1 Sam
- * Cops

Make them all very strong. Save Lahey driving drunk throwing piss jugs for last.

What I could do is make this wad more of just a skin/texture focused, and have the sunnyvale map just for testing.

It sounds like it might be...kinda boring, to be honest. Doom is about semi-constant shooting action and puzzle solving. Roaming around in a trailer park and occasionally shooting humans? Doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Personally I'd take a Grand Theft Auto approach to a project like this. Have different missions to complete. In my opinion though, there is too much things in TPBs that I'd like to include that it would become to excessive.

Yeah, Trailer Park Boys as a GTA mod, I could see that working. The material lends itself to that world quite a bit more than does [i]Doom[i/].

i simply wanted to make a TPB's deathmatch map that would double as a simple internet toking spot....

i guess i can make this a GTA style wad....