Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

ZCajun issues etc.

Mm, so recently I downloaded ZCajun on a whim. I was impressed at first, and still am, ish, but there are a few things.

By far the biggest problem is when I add bots for a co-op or deathmatch game, after exiting the level, when I hit space to enter the new one it crashes about 8 or 9 time out of 10. 'ZCajun caused a page fault' etc. Is this just due to the early nature of ZCajun (v1.0)?

So, I thought, I'll run in ZDoom. But it can get REALLY slow in zdoom with bots added, even though sometimes it's perfectly normal.

Uh, also, if anyone knows a thing or two about changing bot beahviour and editing teh colours in the text file it would be great.

So, I thought, I'll run in ZDoom. But it can get REALLY slow in zdoom with bots added, even though sometimes it's perfectly normal.

I guess you're using 1.22? There was a problem with the bots and the rocket launcher in that version, but it has been fixed loooooooong ago.

Uh, also, if anyone knows a thing or two about changing bot beahviour and editing teh colours in the text file it would be great.

Well, IMO bots.cfg is rather self-explaining. "weaponpref" isn't used by ZDoom. Colors are in hex RGB. A couple examples:
00 ff 00 is full green
ff 00 00 is full red
00 00 ff is full blue
... and so on ...
To get the color you want you could use some graphics program, I guess most of them tell you the hex RGB value for the colors (I know PSP does).