Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Is anyone making sampled music for Doom?

I know there are several musicians in the Doom community. Most of their music is MIDI, which has the advantage of low file size. But has anyone made sampled (like OGG) music specially for Doom levels? I'm not talking about remixes, but about new music, distributed with wads or mission packs. I like the idea, because even if it ends up occupying megs, it's more portable and device independent, as well as having a lot more variety. So far I've seen esselfortium's composition in Vaporware Demo.

Julian Hope composed an original OGG/MP3 soundtrack for Team Future's RTC-3057 Hub 1, and Ralphis composed an original soundtrack in one of those formats or the other for Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl.

I've put mp3s of songs I wrote and played live in some of my maps, but I've never written anything specifically for a Doom map.

I've made several maps with original mp3 soundtracks.

darkreaver said:

PRIMEVAL?

Of course :P

I've made the PsychoPhobia soundtrack (all OGG). Also did some music for Hell Commander, the Doom RTS that Frader was making (who has disappeared off the planet). Can't remember what else I've made OGG for...

Is GarageBand good enough to make Doom music? I'm thinking of buying it (don't ask why I don't already have it), seems very cheap.

Never really used it, but there are a lot of neat sounds on their at good quality. You can try it out, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make Doom music with it. :)