Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

`AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library (compiling on OSX)

Hey there, I need a hend over here with copiling EE 3.40.20 on OSX, I simply seem to be missing some libraries / dependencies, whatever you wanna call it.

I've isntalled SDL 1.2.14 from source, thinking it would solve the problem, but still no luck.

This is what I get:

~/Downloads/ee-3.40.20-src  $ ./autogen.sh 
mkdir: autotools: File exists
configure.in:7: warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
./configure: line 2433: syntax error near unexpected token `1.2.9'
./configure: line 2433: `AM_PATH_SDL(1.2.9)'

I'm now working on an OSX Eternity complete with launcher. Just you wait a little as I'll release it.

Note: MIDI music and full screen aren't recommended.

Do you use Lion, though? Because I'm using Snow Leopard which is said to be more compatible in general (typical Apple).

I'm also using older versions of SDL, on i386 (32-bit), Leopard (10.5) compatibility mode :|
Versions are: SDL 1.2.14, SDL_mixer 1.2.11, SDL_net 1.2.7. Later versions would be considered "malformed"...

I'm also using CMake, which results in an .xcodeproj containing the OSX-compatible parts of the source code, resulting (after telling Xcode to build) in an Eternity console (Terminal) application. To get an .App target, I had to create a new Xcode project with the same settings and source files...

SDL, SDL_mixer, and SDL_net are not included in the repo or with source distributions due to the fact that most Linux installs will have them available already or it can be gotten with a package installer where not, and for Windows binary distributions are available.

printz said:

Do you use Lion, though? Because I'm using Snow Leopard which is said to be more compatible in general (typical Apple).

Yeah, I have yet to see a good reason to upgrade. Every single developer I talked to actually regrets moving to Lion.

printz and Quasar said:

SDL 1.2.14, SDL_mixer 1.2.11, SDL_net 1.2.7.

[/b]
Guess I don't have the latter two.

Nice, printz. I look forward to trying that out :)

Any chance of drag-and-drop wad/deh/etc loading being implemented? That's something I've been continually surprised by the absence of in most Mac Doom ports.

ellmo said:

Yeah, I have yet to see a good reason to upgrade. Every single developer I talked to actually regrets moving to Lion.

Yeah, I tried it for a month and had to downgrade to Snow Leopard. Some combination of annoying behavioral changes and actual brokenness (hooray, memory leaks) made it absolutely useless to me.

Damnit, installed both SDL_mixer and SDL_net, still the same error.
What is this `AM_PATH_SDL` ?

esselfortium said:

Any chance of drag-and-drop wad/deh/etc loading being implemented? That's something I've been continually surprised by the absence of in most Mac Doom ports.

What kind of dragging? Bringing the files to the icon on the dock, or just to the list in the dialog box?

I'll add it once I learn more about it. Lots of overly long keywords in Objective-C (the language of Doom :D) to be aware of.

printz said:

What kind of dragging? Bringing the files to the icon on the dock, or just to the list in the dialog box?

I'll add it once I learn more about it. Lots of overly long keywords in Objective-C (the language of Doom :D) to be aware of.

To the program icon (like you can in Windows), primarily, but if you've got a launcher, being able to drag stuff to the list in that would be great, too.