Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I was reading the posts about that puzzle wad that Ribbiks just made, and they mentioned iwbtg in there, which is one of the greatest masocore platformers. I was thinking we could do something like this in Doom by using zdoom scripts and taking a few maps from each iwad and changing them to be totally fucknuts insane. I was thinking 4 maps, one from each IWAD, and adding a few areas to each level just for shiggles.

What do you guys think about this?

Good idea, but IWBTG mixed a lot of features form the most classic console games, I think what you're trying to do should consist of a lot of fucked-up tribute rooms and areas from all the best IWADS and Megawads ever. Which would be incredibly hard - like getting permissions to do this alone!

Well, as I mentioned in that thread, IWBTG is completely "fair" while Doom's gameplay is very random (monsters move differently each time, deal different amounts of damage, etc). So I don't think that you could achieve the same balance between sadism and fairness in Doom.

I would be more interested in an IWBTG-like game that uses Doom graphics. Remember cacodemon battle from "I Wanna Be The Fangame"? Now that's more like it.

If this was done in the true IWBTG fashion, shouldnt anything and everything be a one hit kill?

And I know wads like Action Doom have made that possible, so it can be done.

I'm guessing the beginning puzzle from Map30 of TNT will be in there, except it's a lot bigger and there are absolutely no clues given at the start unlike the map in question. I am probably a douchebag for even suggesting this.

I'm having a hard time conceiving how this might be made, but if any maps materialize I'd definitely be interested in trying them

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I don't know ACS so someone else will have to do the scripting (...)

A-HA! Finally we come to the pivotal point of this thread.

Heh, part of me has wanted to see this done just because the name "I Wanna Be the Doomguy" is too fitting. 'Course, that makes me think that someone's probably used it before. :P