Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_is_great

Metal just makes everything better

what you meant was "louder music with a bit of nostalgia factor just makes everything better". just turn this really loud, i think it's great. mansell is my favourite music composer and his score is the best thing about the movie.

(also no matter how awesome the music, the cringeworthy parts are still there.)

first thought this thread had something to do with metal surface of some structure, nevermind now

You can't do anything to save that piece of shit movie. You can throw all the nostalgic sounds and metal riffs you want into it, but it's still a dumb, run-of-the-mill sci-fi turd that has almost nothing to do with the franchise on which it is based.

For a minute I thought you recreated the FPS Scene from the Doom Movie into an actual level but with lots of metal textures.

GhostlyDeath said:

For a minute I thought you recreated the FPS Scene from the Doom Movie into an actual level but with lots of metal textures.

So who's it gonna be?

The actual music in that scene sounded like some variety of thrash metal. In fact, it sounded similar to the music of E1m1.

Meh, I thought the Doom movie was passable. OK, it wasn't really Doom to me (all that bollocks about the genome etc instead of a hell invasion) but it was an OK-ish disengage brain space horror-ish sci-fi movie.

I'd rather listen to more electronic music (including house) while Dooming. I'm sick of hearing rock, too cliché.

I disagree with the title. Imagine if classics such as The Shawshank Redemption or Schindler's List had a full metal soundtrack?

But saying that, Doom the film was all right it wasn't as cool as it could've been if it followed more-or-less the same story as Doom 3 it would've been far better. Removing the satanic elements to play it safe was definitely a mistake. Although Carmack tearing off his ear was pretty cool.

Stroggos said:

I disagree with the title. Imagine if classics such as The Shawshank Redemption or Schindler's List had a full metal soundtrack?

I kinda want to try that now... Or see it if exists already...

edit: eh, closest I could find, not metal though I think, I think...