Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Dudes that grow their hair out but don't have sufficient self hygeine

Technician said:

I remember when I was young I developed an extreme allergic reaction to acne cremes utilizing peroxide. I then used an alcohol based creme, and that worked fine for breakouts.

Luckily, I seem to have grown out of serious acne. Recently, I might add.

Acne is on of the worst things a teenager can face. Not only does it make your face uglier but it also hurts - especially if you have a lot and cysts leave scars if you pester them.

In addition to keeping your hair clean, consider washing your pillow sheets more frequently. The oils on your head will have plenty of time to get on the pillows while you sleep, and eventually build up and get on your face. Might as well wash it and get rid of a secondary source of oil. Have several pillows with clean sheets and swap them out on a weekly basis.

DooM_RO said:

I have long hair too and I have to wash it every three days because I have grasy skin which besides oily hair was the main cause for my dermatitis and very bad acne until one year ago. I would literally have pimples grow on other pimples and my scalp was itchy all the time but and after a lot of treatments, I finally tried accutane and it really worked(but it had a ton of side effects) and selsun blue for my hair. I got rid of my dermatitis and my acne but I still have oily skin. Do you guys know any effective treatments for oily skin? I don't care if it's radioactive waste from Phobos, I'll try anything if it works.

I also don't understand where this stereotype comes from, I can't STAND my hair to be dirty and I always keep it in top shape.

Every three days? My hair isn't very long, but it's thick and oily. If I don't wash it every day it's disgusting.

My skin is often quite oily too; however, my acne, which was previously awful mostly disappeared when I was 17. It was fast too - basically happening during the three weeks I was in South Africa in the summer. Seems very genetic. None of the stuff I tried before worked very well, including prescriptions. :/

Aliotroph? said:

Every three days? My hair isn't very long, but it's thick and oily. If I don't wash it every day it's disgusting.

My skin is often quite oily too; however, my acne, which was previously awful mostly disappeared when I was 17. It was fast too - basically happening during the three weeks I was in South Africa in the summer. Seems very genetic. None of the stuff I tried before worked very well, including prescriptions. :/

One remedy for oily hair is talcum powder, from what I hear. You put some on your head and the brush it off. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard a lot of people say it's quite effective.

Aliotroph? said:

If I don't wash it every day it's disgusting.

Yes but if you transitioned to only washing it every 3 days, it would be really greasy at first, but after a while your hair wouldn't get greasy every day.

During the school year, when I shower almost every day, it only takes around 18 hours for my hair to get greasy. Over the summer though, when I only shower every few days, then my hair takes a couple of days to start shining.

DooM_RO said:

EDIT: Oh yeah and Maes, where do you get all this "shitty" info? I do hope those trucks are used only for shit and not for something else as well, like milk. I don't care if they sterilize them one hundred times lol

They used to be very common in Greece, at a time: even just a couple of decades ago, several apartment blocks in my 'hood relied on shit-suckers to empty their septic tanks every week or so. Today business is not as grand (meh) as it was once, with better public sewers, but they are still around. They also choose majestic names such as "The King", "The Insatiable" etc. ;-)

I'm also sure they can be leased to carry toxic waste without the need for modifications or cleaning up ;-)

I HATE GETTING MY HAIRCUT!!
I'm not too lazy to get one, I just hate it. I usually just get my hair cut really short and let it grow for a whole month. My hair looks terrible, but I stopped caring(until someone points it out) :)
I was my hair everyday, but only use shampoo once a week (usually sundays). My hair is very fine and find if I do this it thickens it up a bit. I hate my thin hair. My hair also grows from the sides, so my sides stick up and can't be flattened and I have a funny hairline which leaves my fringe all fucked up.

Get on my level of bad hair, guys!

People with naturally oily hair should be grateful. Dry hair is much more difficult to work with, if you like having hair and don't buzz it off of course.

Longer hair is a little more tedious to maintain. Having had short and long hair at different times, the first time I grew my hair out pretty long I always seemed to shampoo the top of my head, but the longer parts of my hair near my shoulders would get neglected, start to get greasier than the rest of my hair, and get tangled because I didn't comb it often. Usually when I see people with long hair, it's either really poorly maintained, but they have reasonable hygiene, or their hair is great but they don't brush their teeth or something along those lines.

DoomUK said:

People with naturally oily hair should be grateful. Dry hair is much more difficult to work with, if you like having hair and don't buzz it off of course.

Yeah right. Unless your look is "slicked back", then oily hair is just as difficult. The only difference is that it flops around in dirty clumps instead of fine floaty tufts.

40oz said:

Longer hair is a little more tedious to maintain. Having had short and long hair at different times, the first time I grew my hair out pretty long I always seemed to shampoo the top of my head, but the longer parts of my hair near my shoulders would get neglected, start to get greasier than the rest of my hair, and get tangled because I didn't comb it often. Usually when I see people with long hair, it's either really poorly maintained, but they have reasonable hygiene, or their hair is great but they don't brush their teeth or something along those lines.

Put your fingers into your hair at the scalp, and pull your fingers through all the way to the ends. Then when you're done, if your shampoo is also conditioner, swirl your hair on top of your head like Jimmy Neutron while you wash other parts of your body.

I had a shower today for the first time in a week. That was because I couldn't get my eye wet after my surgery last week. Felt good. Having someone wash my hair in the bath was less effective.

I rock a long mohawk, about 11 inches at the very longest with the back being a few inches shorter. I prefer it because I can have long and short hair at the same time, it's low maintenance, and along with my Dali moustache it makes for a fairly interesting look. I keep it straightened with a flat iron (my girlfriend always does my hair, if I were to do it I'd probably burn myself), because it's naturally curly and I'd rather look like I have white people hair than ethnic hair.

I decided for a long while to have long hair but eventually I ended up getting a haircut because of how annoying I found the high maintenance of it at the time, however it is now growing out again and I'm deciding on having long hair once more.