Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Man Faces Life Sentence in Michigan Stabbing Spree

Would it be too naive of me to suggest that by demons the lawyers just mean "mental ailment"? To "struggle with one's demons" is a phrase I use all the time without supernatural connotation, and the term daemon from which (I suspect) the word originates was used principally to refer to one's inner voice -- the stay of sensibility and reason, or of philosophical pondering.

In any case, the article's insistence on providing pronunciation for the name of the accused is amusing.

Abelazan during the stabbing spree: "Demons! Demons everywhere! I must STAB the Demons! RIP AND TEAR!"

Demons during the stabbing spree: "No Abelazan, you are the Demons".

I doubt anything was meant by the word "demons" other than the guy thinking the voices in his head WERE demons.

I used to work with a paranoid schizophrenic; he once confided in me that he didn't think he was crazy and that it was an evil spirit haunting him.

Maes said:

Abelazan during the stabbing spree: "Demons! Demons everywhere! I must STAB the Demons! RIP AND TEAR!"

Demons during the stabbing spree: "No Abelazan, you are the Demons".

And then he was a zombie :[

Is there a sentence that includes 20 years then death? That would include the best of both worlds.

Krispy said:

Is there a sentence that includes 20 years then death? That would include the best of both worlds.

Oh wow. That's a very cruel and unusual idea. I like it!

Krispy said:

Yeah, it's called death row.

Krispy said:

Nice waste of money you got there. And as what I'm guessing Technician's point is, people spend that much time on death row anyway. Why extend it?

Not saying I'm for or against death penalty, but spending excess money "punishing" people we're going to kill anyway is wasteful.

But I don't know if you're joking or not.

Krispy said:

What about twenty years of hanging by their thumbs and being fed cheap paste through a straw, then death by throwing off of a cliff. Maybe?

No nasty Electric Bill there, and cheap an affordable paste to keep em alive that long. And maybe, an hour a day to run on a treadmill for exercise.

Krispy said:

Of course, you could just do 20 years of The Best of Both Worlds.

Actually, nevermind, your idea is significantly less cruel...

Krispy said:

What about a good old-fashioned lynch mob? Nothing says "proud to be American" like an unruly crowd dragging a felon from his cell and hanging him.

GreyGhost said:

What about a good old-fashioned lynch mob? Nothing says "proud to be American" like an unruly crowd dragging a felon from his cell and hanging him.

If it was a sex offender, the mob could apply real justice by raping him.

Krispy said:

Hey, all I'm saying is this guy is a real sicko. Unlike me...

I'm sure the guy with prostitutes under his floorboards said the same thing...

Oh shit this happened right near me.

That will help me sleep at night...nah, I'm locked and loaded.

So, just another nut that heard the "inner voice"?

Think of all the pain and suffering that could have been averted (not to mention jail time) if someone had given him one of these.