Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Obsidian

How would I use objects and textures from Psychophobia in a map?

I recently downloaded Psychophobia, intrigued about some of the groovy features it had and wanting to utilize said features. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about it. I've got Doom Builder 2, Skulltag and GZDoom (I had to get GZDoom to work Psychophobia). Psychophobia doesn't show up when I try opening it in Doom Builder or using it as a resource. Help?

As far as I know, you can't use it as a resource, the PK3 files are in a strange format that can't be read. However, a lot of the textures and objects can be found at Realm667.

It's probably a 7-zip file. You could use that to extract all the content and then put it in a normal zip.

PRIMEVAL said:

As far as I know, you can't use it as a resource, the PK3 files are in a strange format that can't be read. However, a lot of the textures and objects can be found at Realm667.

To be honest I only downloaded Psychophobia because of the cool monsters. :-) I'm not quite sure how to use Realm667: apparently you have to use XWE and I've heard quite a few complaints about it. Is there an easier way to do it?

I downloaded it. =D Only problem is that an error message comes up when I click on it. Am I missing something?

Gez said:

If Bob's ethereal second sight pierced through the abyss successfully, you need to download and install the MSVC2010 runtimes

Off topic, but why doesn't Windows come prepared with something as fundamental as that? :-/

Hmm...looks like Bob might have gotten it right for once. =D The error message mentions that MSVCP100 thingimajig. I'll have a look.