Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
qoncept

Anyone have a Beetlejuice action figure?

I was getting drunk at a bar one night and realized that I really should make a new Beetlejuice monster and slip it in to a game without saying anything to my buddy. I've never done any kind of mod for Doom.

I'm guessing the easiest way would be to snap some photos of the action figure in different positions for the frame. I'm thinking I'll replace the Cyberdemon because 1) it's not very common and 2) less frames.

Any tips or anyone that can send me some pics of the action figure? I'm bidding on one on ebay right now.

So you're sober now, yet you still think that putting Beetlejuice in Doom is worthwhile. Interesting.

I can't think of anything I could do as a more worthwhile mod to Doom.

I didn't really make it clear but I don't intend to put a whole lot of time in to it and make it look great. But I'm willing to spend 10 bucks and a couple hours to get a laugh.

Edit: And I was mistaken. Cyberdemon doesn't have less frames. Which monster is it that doesn't have view-from-behind frames?

qoncept said:

Which monster is it that doesn't have view-from-behind frames?

Only one I can think of is the Wolfenstein soldier, which has view-from-behind frames for walking, but not attacking. If I recall correctly.

ComicMischief said:

Only one I can think of is the Wolfenstein soldier, which has view-from-behind frames for walking, but not attacking. If I recall correctly.

This is it. Every creature has 8 directions, or 5 with 3 mirrored, for everything except death.

qoncept said:

Edit: And I was mistaken. Cyberdemon doesn't have less frames. Which monster is it that doesn't have view-from-behind frames?

For Doom monsters only thing I can think of is that the Cacodemon has no attack frames when looking at it's back I don't think. Or at least I've never noticed it animate from the back when attacking.

With most (all?) ports you can replace the 12345678 angles with a sprite from the "0" angle so you only need one image that always faces front like a Wolfenstein boss.

So, instead of:
POSSA1, POSSA2A8, POSSA3A7, POSSA4A6, POSSA5
POSSB1, POSSB2B8, POSSB3B7, POSSB4B6, POSSB5
etc

You only need:
POSSA0
POSSB0
etc

OK, it isn't anywhere near as good as having full rotations but that doesn't seem to be a huge concern in this case.

Clonehunter said:

For Doom monsters only thing I can think of is that the Cacodemon has no attack frames when looking at it's back I don't think.

Of course they do! You should play more.

Clonehunter said:

For Doom monsters only thing I can think of is that the Cacodemon has no attack frames when looking at it's back I don't think. Or at least I've never noticed it animate from the back when attacking.

There are actually orbs on it's back that shine blue when it fires off a projectile.

Well, it ended up over $25 with shipping. Too rich for my blood! I might pull some frames from the cartoon on Youtube. Or I'll probably just never get around to it.

I got some of the Reaper Miniature imps a few months ago and did this. I'm too lazy to properly finish it, though.