Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Tim Poe: The Man Who Lied to America

Tim Poe, a war veteran who became a contestant on America's Got Talent 2012 claimed that he got his back broken by a grenade in Afghanistan which gave him a brain injury and caused him to stutter. He also claimed that his doctor told him to sing in the shower so that he wouldn't stutter. Watch this video for his audition:

A few days after his audition some found out that his brain injury was a fake because of evidence they found. This video shows some facts from a guy:

There's also this article that talks about this.

Also, in case you're wondering about his fate in Vegas Week:
Spoiler

He made it to the judges' favorites, but was eliminated in Vegas Week and will not be going to New York to the live shows.

Yeah I know this is pretty late but I found this to be shocking and I would like to see what you think about this issue.

Shame on him. Not sure if his actions are so nefarious that he deserves to receive death threats though.

Pretty trashy to make up something like that for some sort of sympathy. Fuck him.

However fuck the people sending death threats to the rest of his family too.

DeathevokatioN said:

Why lie about something so serious? It'll obviously come back to haunt you, this guy isn't even worth hate mail.

I guess he or someone else thought it would be a good popularity-boosting gimmick. Perhaps he should have pretended he was from somewhere no one had ever heard of and of simple upbringings. Those people seem to always do well in this kind of contest.

I have a hard time understanding why he had to lie. I watched the first video and he obviously has talent enough on his own to not have needed a sob story.

Part of the reason to con people in that specific way is to create the "wow, he overcame a speech impediment and can sing as well as he does??? THAT'S talent!" effect. Not that he's very good to begin with.

Attention whore seeks attention.

Be careful what you wish for Mr Poe.

chungy said:

I have a hard time understanding why he had to lie. I watched the first video and he obviously has talent enough on his own to not have needed a sob story.

Yeah he could have just talked about how singing was part of his life instead of making such a huge lie. Unless if he was a attention/sympathy whore desperate for fame.

Meh. There are plenty of other men who lied to America, and with consequences a lot more serious than attempting to qualify for some TV show competition thingy.

I'd say "shame on him" but I can't manage to care enough about the issue in the first place. Wake me if he starts a war or bans a vaccine or censors the Internet or do anything else that actually has an impact on our lives.

Huh. Judging from the thread title, I thought this was going to be about any politician.

"aw, we wanted to sob over oliver twist and he's just talented and without scruples. how dares he exploit the only thing that still manages to move our numb, saturated minds!"

also it's kinda sad that this makes headlines instead of real, important events. first world problems.

All americans are liars.
But given my nationality, the above statement is probably a lie.

People do this a lot. It seems there are a lot of fools who do this and just fail tor realize how easy it is to check the facts. Anybody making death threats over it is a far worse person.

DoomUK said:

Shame on him. Not sure if his actions are so nefarious that he deserves to receive death threats though.

Don Denkinger received death threats because of a blown call in the 1985 World Series. This is pretty common-place (at least in America) and really shouldn't come as that much of a shock.

Guy's a douche. The end.

Aliotroph? said:

Anybody making death threats over it is a far worse person.

Snakes said:

Don Denkinger received death threats because of a blown call in the 1985 World Series. This is pretty common-place (at least in America)

Therefore, far worse persons are pretty common-place (at least in America).

I just laugh at the idiotic lack of forethought. What if he had become super popular, won the contest, sold millions of albums... why risk everything over some stupid lie? Typical redneck moron.

There are liars in America with much higher positions of power that deserve more attention and outrage than this hick.

Meh - a stupid liar receiving death threats from other stupid people. Move along, nothing to see here!

Reality TV is mind-numbing bullshit full of manufactured incidents like this meant to distract the Eloi while the Morlocks are sneaking up behind them.

NitroactiveStudios said:

I would like to see what you think about this issue.

It's not an issue. Reality TV is shit. This isn't shocking or important or newsworthy. If the world were sane, no one would care enough about this nonsense to be pissed off.

DooMAD said:

It's not an issue. Reality TV is shit. This isn't shocking or important or newsworthy. If the world were sane, no one would care enough about this nonsense to be pissed off.

What DooMAD said...

Exactly. The only reason anyone else need care is to redirect the attention of people silly enough to care. This is why we don't have flying cars! (Well, that and flying cars are a stupid idea for most purposes.)

Everyone here has lied about being in the army, a blackbelt in karate, a woman, a "playah", the queen of England, etc. Evidently, everyone here has received death threats, and probably a lot of them. These reality TV stars need to toughen up.