Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkreaver

Need help with Cubase/Reason (ReWire)

Anyone here use these programs? I`m having trouble!

The case is: I have some audio files I`ve recorded in Cubase, and I have some programmed instruments in Reason. I use ReWire to sync these programs, so whenever I press play in one program, the other program will play back at the same time, with the same BPM etc.

Problem: when I start the song from the very start, that is "bar 1", Reason starts to play a little bit earlier than Cubase, so the music will be out of sync (same BPM, just a little earlier).
This does not happen if I start to play from anywhere else but bar 1/the start of the song.

WTF?

I haven't used ReWire much, as I do all my work standalone in Reason, but someone over at the Propellerheads User Forum should be able to help you out if you're a registered Reason user.

Could you make a dummy bar 1 and start the song on bar 2?

Can you export your Reason stuff to a wav file and import it into Cubase?

darkreaver said:

Anyone here use these programs? I`m having trouble!

The case is: I have some audio files I`ve recorded in Cubase, and I have some programmed instruments in Reason. I use ReWire to sync these programs, so whenever I press play in one program, the other program will play back at the same time, with the same BPM etc.

Problem: when I start the song from the very start, that is "bar 1", Reason starts to play a little bit earlier than Cubase, so the music will be out of sync (same BPM, just a little earlier).
This does not happen if I start to play from anywhere else but bar 1/the start of the song.

WTF?

This is a known issue. I get this all the time. Move your song to start from bar 4 and you'll be fine.