Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

Underground - Looking for testers

Underground is a one level wad in the progress. The theme of the wad as you might have already guessed is underground(mostly anyway). It takes place in tech bases and soon to be caves. It is non-linear with a high degree of difficulty. Not hell revealed style where you get swarmed, but tough monster placement and hard monsters.

It's about 25%-50% done, I just need a couple of play testers to see if the map is good to go before I move on. If you are interested, send me a PM!

Onto the screenshots.

Thoughts?

What is this map for? ZDoom, Vanilla Doom, BOOM, -complevel 2 PrBoom?

If it's for Vanilla Doom or Vanilla limit removing Doom, I'll test it for compatibility.

Archy said:

What is this map for? ZDoom, Vanilla Doom, BOOM, -complevel 2 PrBoom?

If it's for Vanilla Doom or Vanilla limit removing Doom, I'll test it for compatibility.

Should run fine in PrBoom. I'll send you the wad in a moment.
EDIT: Sent. Check your inbox.

Looks cool. Challenging as well!

What kind of feedback are you looking for? I'm an amateur mapper, and average skill (whatever that means) Doomer, so if you're looking for sort of novice-level, man-on-the-street type feedback, I'd be glad to provide it.

No guarantees on my even being able to finish your map, though. [;

schwerpunk said:

Looks cool. Challenging as well!

What kind of feedback are you looking for? I'm an amateur mapper, and average skill (whatever that means) Doomer, so if you're looking for sort of novice-level, man-on-the-street type feedback, I'd be glad to provide it.

No guarantees on my even being able to finish your map, though. [;

Sent PM.

Archy said:

What -complevel? 2 I'm assuming?

Yes.

No time to playtest, but visually it's a bit mixed. The random SUPPORT textures in the first shot looks extraneous. I'd also change the STEP4 in the last shot out for something else. It's looks terrible when it's stretched vertically like that.

Like shot 3, but can't see anything in the outdoor shots. Decent enough.