Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomist

Doom Builder 2 Fences

Okay, so I'm trying to make my first Doom 2 map using Doom Builder 2 (Using the regular Doom 2 engine), and I'm trying to add a jail cell, but when I use the fence texture, the spots where you should see through is filled with black. It has double-sided checked, but I don't think that's the problem. Thanks in advance :)

I'm guessing you're trying to make it like you would a door. Just draw a line between the cell and the room and give it a midtexture of your liking. Make sure it's flagged as impassable.

I had the same problem when I started out mapping. seems dumb now, but I don't know how I could've known better.

If you're trying to make it see-through and impassable, you do it like this:

1. Pick the linedef where you want the fence.
2. Make sure Impassable and Lower Unpegged are ticked.
3. Set the middle textures (front and back) to the fence texture.

Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed Marn's post.

I hate to bring back a dead thread, but I'm having a problem with using the MIDBARS3 texture. I've put in a window and have both sides of the linedef set to MIDBARS3. The linedef is set to impassable and lower unpegged. The window shows up fine in the editor, but has black in the see-through areas when I test the map in GZDoom. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

It sounds like your window is a sector instead of a single linedef. Crack open the shareware IWAD and take a look at the bars near the exit in E1M1, that's your basic barred window. If the bars are taller than your window frame you'll need to either set the window high/low enough to hide the part of the bars that bleed out of the frame or place the bars between two same-height sectors with slightly different light levels.

GreyGhost said:

It sounds like your window is a sector instead of a single linedef. Crack open the shareware IWAD and take a look at the bars near the exit in E1M1, that's your basic barred window. If the bars are taller than your window frame you'll need to either set the window high/low enough to hide the part of the bars that bleed out of the frame or place the bars between two same-height sectors with slightly different light levels.

Thanks for the reply, GreyGhost.

I fixed it. It is a single linedef, I forgot to check the double-sided box. Doh! :)