Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Why the disemboweled baron corpses?

Thank You. It was meant to be part of a series but I never wrote any more.

The last stanza is left to the reader to decide whether the Cyberdemon really is pleading, that the destruction of it's cybernetics removes it's unfeeling purpose of malevolence - or if this is just Doomguy's interpretation of events because of the imprint the memory has on him.

Clonehunter said:

Cybie killing his own to inspark terror?

I think this, its basically not very nice to disembowel your colleagues and co-workers. Hence it reminds you that you are in a 'not very nice' place.

So when you meet Mr Cybie you know that he is the one responsible for 'not being very nice'

While thinking this, rockets are being pumped out at you 'reinforcing' the fact he is 'not very nice'. You may then wonder if those said rockets do as much damage to you as yours do to zombie guys.....you then find out!

The bloody mess, gore and Doomguy gibs along with the instant death scream from Doom Guy also helps to confirm that Cybie is 'not very nice'

fraggle said:

In story terms, I imagine that perhaps the Barons were supposed to have dealt with the player by now and have now suffered the consequences of their failure to do so.

That's what I thought as well

I agree with what purist said on the first page of this thread. Anyways, I like this texture even though I only remember seeing it in E2M8 of Doom. Even though I don't know what the barons did wrong to get killed that way, but I wonder how their bodies are able to slide in the extremely small crack without any problem at all when the door they're on is activated?

NitroactiveStudios said:

. . . [B]ut I wonder how their bodies are able to slide in the extremely small crack without any problem at all when the door they're on is activated?

The ultimate punishment: They got turned into two-dimensional flats for their insolence.

I think: He's the Cyberdemon Lord of Deimos. He's the bossman, and the bossman's gotta eat.

Being a Demon underling: it's a wonderful life.

Considering there are a few areas where barons and cyberdemons usually clash (Tricks & Traps is the best example) it's safe to say their like arch-enemies.
They all might come from hell, doesn't mean they get along :P