Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Pcorf community project (pc_cp) demopack [-complevel 9]

Memfis said:

Lol, why there is no weapon bobbing if I try to watch that demo without "-emulate"? Bizarre.

MAP11 is fantastic. Try it. :)

map11 in 11:34 (first exit was 12:xx)
second exit, certainly improvable, such long maps are hard to predict and optimize, I do guess this is quite "good" tho
let me know if i should insist with the recording here eventually

edit: nvm so rough playing with few practice (didnt even play with save states more than once with godmode for the route ;D )
i might return here in a while

pc11-1134.zip

Map05 in 2:01. No need to update the table, I'll improve it. I MUST get under 2:00, at least... And I've maybe 10 demos sub-1:55 with 98% kills.

Just posting it because I'm going to sleep right now :p

Also, attached two failed demos : an unfortunate linedef jump, and a shotgunner *very* accurate.

pc05-201.zip

Map39 in 4:07, also including 4:00 with one missed kill.

I'll get it under 4 minutes soon, but I'm annoyed of this shitty map for now

pc39-407.zip

blob1024 said:

35 in 04:47

That was good fun to watch. Thanks for demo-ing my map, you can play it much better than I can :-)

purist said:

That was good fun to watch. Thanks for demo-ing my map, you can play it much better than I can :-)

np :P
btw the ending fight is actually.. good planned, but is a kick in the balls for speedrunners eheh :)
in the demo I also had the awesome 5zerk punches for 1 specter kill. FANTASTIC.

anybody can help me with map36 btw? I cant reach the last 3 enemies (in the hidden room with the partial invisibility sphere- caco shotgundude+pinkie)

edit2:
is map38 bugged? no FDA or max demos, and actually i see a sprite failure and cant reach redkey umh

I've done an uv speed of map05 as well. This one went surprisingly well, since I was not blocked by monsters, and all the revenants were not blocking the exit this time :p

Not a hard map, but sometimes everything goes really wrong

pc05-021.zip

Map17 24:42. Oh. My. God. How many dirty tricks this map pulled on me?! In fact I had a 1 minute faster run, in which I stepped on the last vile, it didn't die, but let me pass the exit linedef :-( But don't get me wrong, I think the concept and the visuals are awesome. I will watch the last successful FDA then, maybe there are time savers I missed.

pc17-2442.zip

blob1024 said:

anybody can help me with map36 btw? I cant reach the last 3 enemies (in the hidden room with the partial invisibility sphere- caco shotgundude+pinkie)

edit2:
is map38 bugged? no FDA or max demos, and actually i see a sprite failure and cant reach redkey umh

still need hints for those 2

for now Ill move on map23, it looked bruuuuutal at first glance, should be funny

Continuing with uv speed demos :
Map01 in 1:15
Map02 in 0:37

Actually quite tough maps in uv speed, very crowded and narrow at the same time, plus not many health to make up for it. Map01 should be easily improvable, while map02 will be much harder, since I had a very good monster cooperation.

pc01-02.zip

oh, forgot to post
map37 max in 03:26

btw I would need a no-mo 100% secret movie of map23 too, cant find all the stuff there neither

pc37.zip

blob1024 said:

edit2:

Yeah, by some freak accident an entire sector got deleted from the room with the RK and as a result the map is completely broken. It may be possible to PM deathevokation or Philnemba as there was a bug fix uploaded sometime ago. The link is broken now, but one of these two most likely have it. DeatevokatioN is on the forums more frequently, so I'd recommend contacting him if you're itching to get your hands on it.

I'd probably rather skip 38 entirely in that case, it's not worth the trouble.

MAP36: To get to the blur sphere area, one has to set the "walk under solid hanging bodies" option to YES. However, this option is always disabled when recording a demo, so I don't see any way to get there. For me 99/102 kills is maximum for "Boom/Prboom+ demoing". A silly mapping error.
---
Now what do you think about MAP19? It's fun to play, but how to record a max demo? I'd have to visit every area >3 times to get 100% kills.

vdgg said:

MAP36: To get to the blur sphere area, one has to set the "walk under solid hanging bodies" option to YES. However, this option is always disabled when recording a demo, so I don't see any way to get there. For me 99/102 kills is maximum for "Boom/Prboom+ demoing". A silly mapping error.
---
Now what do you think about MAP19? It's fun to play, but how to record a max demo? I'd have to visit every area >3 times to get 100% kills.

then ill go for 99/102 kills and thats it D:

about map19
if nobody records it within a couple days ill have a look too vdgg

JCD said:

Some uv speed demos :

Map03 in 0:35
Map05 in 0:20
Map07 in 1:03

There are so much undone maps, why beating the ones I've done? :(
Glad to see you here anyway!

i'm getting an error message while starting certain demos (seems that all are for maps > 32) with prboom+ 2.5.1.3:

S_ChangeMusic: Bad music number 72 with pc40 or
bad music number 68 with pc36 or
bad music number 69 with pc37

prboom starts, then it drops back to windows with this message. prboom+ recognizes the correct wad, so it doesn't ask which wad to use. pccpmus.wad is also located in the game folder.

edit: bad music number 71 with pc39, however prboom asks here for the correct wad. specifying pc_cp.wad and pccpmus.wad doesn't help.

on the other hand, pc33, pc34, pc35 are played back flawlessly.

thanks a lot, vdgg. i came late to the thread and overlooked that one.

map24 in 24:26. Death Tormention 3 / WOS style. Beautiful, only a bit static and predictable. Monster placement is excellent, but I'd like more rockets in the middle part, it's just the SSG all the time.

pc24-2426.zip

map31 in 09:17
strange map, but I enjoyed playing it anyway, and I like the frenesy of the midi
was frequent to miss a monster in the first practising btw

edit: fuck it, ill improve it a bit more, its 2 late for a new map anyway tonight l0l

map31 in 09:01
had a possible sub9min attempt but the secret room was closed, no clue what let it opens even, so.. zZz its okay I guess.

pc31.zip