Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Pcorf community project (pc_cp) demopack [-complevel 9]

map20 UV-Speed in 0:55 (misc)
Probably i will try to record UV-Max demo(s) too :) .

Memfis said:

We might need a masochist for map23. :P

is there a no-mo 100% secret movie around already? it was among the maps i considered interesting time ago, but secrets held me back

7 av jumps?
well sadly this weekend ill have *again* 0 freetime, so ill look briefly, but probably another "masochist" will be required :P

No, there is only one AVJ. You grab the green sphere and then jump to the red door (Tatsurd shoots at it in his demo). I'd say the main problem with map23 is the elevator. It is constanlty moving up and down (because the monsters activate it), which is very annoying when you aim for speed. And some floors are guarded by revenants and arch-viles so you might not be able to enter them easily. I don't recommend spending much time on this map, record one or two exits and forget about it. It's very speedrun-unfriendly.

Memfis said:

No, there is only one AVJ. You grab the green sphere and then jump to the red door (Tatsurd shoots at it in his demo). I'd say the main problem with map23 is the elevator. It is constanlty moving up and down (because the monsters activate it), which is very annoying when you aim for speed. And some floors are guarded by revenants and arch-viles so you might not be able to enter them easily. I don't recommend spending much time on this map, record one or two exits and forget about it. It's very speedrun-unfriendly.

23 and 26 were bound to be the least fun levels in the set due to KoJ's brand of playtesting. He has some cool ideas but it's bogged down from thumbing his nose at pistol starts and balancing around obsessive-compulsive saving. Anyone who maxes these levels are saints IMHO.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Map 27 UV-Max in 9:34

Cool route! I usually BFG'd the three branches after the red key, but never thought to go back to the start. Very creative :)

Well, with just few leftover maps, I'll ask away a few things regarding final wrapping up.

What form of textfile to go along with pack?
1. Contributors get to fill out comments about each map they recorded for and overall thoughts on wad/pack
2. Contributors fill out only comments regarding maps they contributed to, no thoughts about wad/pack
3. Contributors fill out only thoughts about wad/pack along with a short summary about personal contributions, no thorough comments for each map
4. Contributors don't fill out anything, I'd do the textfile alone

Also, I'd prefer not going official with final zip right away once last map gets done. I'd wait around 2 weeks to gather filled out textfiles and still leave a possibility for contributors to improve their own contributions they aren't satisfied with, but not ones done by different contributors.

Thoughts?

I would personally go with (3), but it's OK with (1) also - some people would talk more about the particular demos, some may not have anything to share. And yes, "my" MAP17 definitely needs improving, I wonder why no one tried it? :-P

im fine with both option 1 (preferred, but depends if everybody wants to write lines on their maps) and 3

I would prefer 3.

By the way Belarusian doomer Beginner told me yesterday that he made UV-Max for map23. He will post it once his account is approved.

Also, someone beat my map03 demo pls... :)

Very nice indeed. You take surprisingly little damage, especially in the first half. I remember trying that map a bit and having non-stop red screen in the infamous elevator.

Beginner said:

Map 23 UV-max 12:20 (I hope everything is fine)

Just wanted to say that this is everything I'd hoped it would be. Diabolical!

map18
uv-max 04:55
kewl one gj confalonieri ;o italoamerican oder was btw?

btw I've tried tonight also map16, but can somebody EXPLAIN that one to me please?
I noticed 1 monster didnt teleport in my practicing, and did i get something wrong with totally strange weapon position, such as SSG near end, and the invisibility sphere secret which blocked me inside the room? (ok ok, I used idclip to find it out, but then I couldnt get out ?)

map26 is a huge iron tube in the ass. I'll try it more seriously tmrw maybe, from my short fda it looks also very painful to max.

edit: oh yea, I also found a bug in my first demorecording attempt in map18 lol, I got some raw talent in getting myself stuck seems. **

pc18-455.zip

well maybe its just me who couldnt solve the puzzles or the likes actually. anyway, map 16
ill look map26 after dinner instead, but if im right I was lacking some secrets there too

edit: okay Im missing 2 secrets out of 5, but the map looks hardly maxable. am i wrong?

heh, another KoJ map. I could trigger all secrets and every monster was reachable, although one secret is triggered by W1 line and closes off for good after. It looks so ridiculous and stupid I actually might do it myself.