Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

final doom story/continuity order?

I'm probably reading way too much into the storyline, but which part of final doom is meant to take place first? Seems to me that they can't really co-exist (e.g UAC sets up a base again on Io in both wads)

I can never remember the 'story' for Final Doom, not to mention the depth or continuity. Only there to give you reason for the slaughter of even more demons. If I want a serving of shooting with a side of story, I go play Deus Ex: HR. But that's just me ;)

Maybe there is no continuity, and the game is a simulation of using John Carmack's VR goggles to simulate real life while playing Doom.

It...it all makes sense now!

This might sound like heresy - but - I have no problem imagining the events in Evilution and Plutonia running concurrently. I know that means there's two look-alike Doomguys running around but it would make sense for Hell to launch a multi-pronged attack.

GreyGhost said:

I know that means there's two look-alike Doomguys running around but it would make sense for Hell to launch a multi-pronged attack.

Because Doomguy is supposed to be YOU!!1

I always thought it went in the order of Evilution first and Plutonia last because the end of Evilution seems to suggests it isn't over while the end of Plutonia seems to suggest it is all over, PSX Final Doom also puts them in that order, and the difficulty of Plutonia far exceeds that of Evilution.

tempun said:

Because Doomguy is supposed to be YOU!!1

Is he? Poor bastard doesn't know what he's letting himself in for - heart attack, rheumatoid arthritis, tinnitis, poor eyesight, slowing reflexes and occasionally forgetting where he's left stuff. :P

I can see where your line of thought is going, the player is Doomguy and obviously can't be in two places at once - BUT - what about an extremely skilled keyboard player who can multitask well enough to play both wads at once?