Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Does anyone have any more high res monster pics

Originally posted by Darkstalker
Why did they keep the 9 animations for walking anyway? I mean, on the 64, they could've done them 3D.

Maybe, maybe not. They probably tried it, but found it too slow.

Animation sucks? It sucks more in Doom. You haven't played Doom64.......

The sprites in Doom animate WAAAY better. Period.

Animation sucks? It sucks more in Doom. You haven't played Doom64.......

My point exactly..... 99% of da peeps who rag on Doom64 wouldn't know a fuckin thing, if I asked them da simplest things about it! They haven't played it, but they constantly rag on it, cuz one of their boys told them "Doom 2 is better"..... dat and a LOT of them FEAR CHANGE (just look at many peeps reactions to doom comin out!)

As for why didn't they add more frames, why didn't they add in 3d graphics, why isn't da sky bright green (where dis post is headed da way it's goin), what does it matter? Doom 2 was NOT da most well animated NOR coded game at all, and it still was AWESOME as fuck! Stop complainin about da little stupid things, and enjoy da game... but don't just sit down and say it sucks cuz of some minor stupid shit, and da fact dat it's NOT A DOOM VERSION AVAILABLE ON PC's!

Here's a wakeup call for ya'll.... DOOM64 IS AN OFFICIALLY LICENSED GAME BY IDGAMES, AND ALTHOUGH DONE BY THE PEEPS AT MIDWAY, IT IS STILL AN OFFICAL DOOM GAME WHTHER YA'LL WANTS TO FACE REALITY OR NOT!

.............. have a nice day! ¦]

My point exactly..... 99% of da peeps who rag on Doom64 wouldn't know a fuckin thing

In my case, I know exactly what I'm talking about, and I'm not saying Doom64 is crap either. I think there are many points where Doom64 is far better than Doom2, just a couple where it fails IMHO.

I preffer Adrian Carmack's interpretation of the demons. Would be nice to have 9 walking frames and a generally larger canvas for each one, though.

Heh... I didn't mean peeps like you Fred. I meant da dumbasses who just come on here, and da minute they see da words Doom64 start hatin on it, just cuz it's.....

1)Not a PC doom
2)Because it was made by midway games and
3)Because it uses new graphics and sounds, and not da same old BORING, been used for way too long, we REALLY need new graphics, doom2 stuff! :P

Everyone is OF COURSE entitled to their opinions... I just meant dat towards da bunches of ignant shits who don't know shit about da game, but don't like it anyways, FOR NO REASON BASICALLY! Not peeps like you who know what they is talkin about. :)

Edit: The Unknown- mah name is Esco! Da is a ghetto way of sayin THE. And thanks! ¦]-~

K, Esco... cool :)

You know, I love both Doom 64 and PC Doom, and I don't think anything is *BAD* in either of them, I just think that there are things in the PC version that are better than in the 64 version, and the other way around for other things.

Originally posted by Zaldron
I preffer Adrian Carmack's interpretation of the demons. Would be nice to have 9 walking frames and a generally larger canvas for each one, though.

yes. Someone ought to do that :)

I think that If the marine is put up, then It should be the really cool looking one on the Doom 2 box. And there should be a picture of a deathmatch behind it. or that animation from TrinityDoom.

The Bull demon from Doom64 looks really big and powerful while in Doom it looks like a pig Demon?! Well the only bad thing about Doom64 is the darkness.....

Originally posted by The Unknown
The Bull demon from Doom64 looks really big and powerful while in Doom it looks like a pig Demon?! Well the only bad thing about Doom64 is the darkness.....

Huh. The darkness is awesome.

Originally posted by Submerge
I think that If the marine is put up, then It should be the really cool looking one on the Doom 2 box. And there should be a picture of a deathmatch behind it. or that animation from TrinityDoom.

yes. Put up the marine, dammit. Great idea! :)

Well sure it is Fredrik but sometimes it is to dark and i get afraid of the sound they make......

Heheh... :)

It's true! One level the only thing i heard was Baron of hell screaming so i didn't go anywhere. After an hour i went to a corner and there it was and i almost got an heart attack.

It's true! One level the only thing i heard was Baron of hell screaming so i didn't go anywhere. After an hour i went to a corner and there it was and i almost got an heart attack.

That's what it's SUPPOSED to be like =D

damn. Imagine how it will be like in DOOM III ó_ò

Yeah and thinks if a Demons suddently pops in front of you...

I think I can arrange that:

Stone Stratagems 1.1: Map13 :)

...and then you shit your pants and die at the same time

That, I'm not quite sure. Wait for Doom 3 to come out then.

On Doom 64: I haven't tried the game and haven't heard the sounds (I tried to dl the sounds from elbryan42's Doom Depot, but I couldn't get the file), but I've seen some of the sprite animations.

Now let me make one thing clear: I don't hate/dislike Doom 64 in any way, (I would love to try it, but alas, I can't) but I mainly prefer the pc Doom sprites, even though the 64 sprites are more detailed.
I like the 64 demon, except that it's eyes are red (yeah, yeah, minor detail, but I prefer the shining yellow eyes), but I love its horns and I like it's "eating" animation *gloup*.
I also like the Arachnotron's more spideresque look - they should adopt that one in "Doom 3" (IF the Arachnotron/Spider Mastermind is in the game).

But I dislike in Doom 64:
1. The former humans because, their eyes aren't red and they hold/fire their gun as if it was some odd stick they're just playing with - the "zombs" carry their guns in a much cooler fashion in PC Doom.
2. The imps, 'cause they seemingly don't have any spikes and they don't have the wide-open jaw (they don't even seem to have a mouth).
3. The Pain Elemental - it just looks too ugly for my tastes, ugh.
4. The marine, looks like a wuss, because he seems smaller than the former humans and he generally seems very thin. Gimme PC Doom's beefy marine anytime.

Smaller things, where I generally prefer PC Doom sprites over 64 sprites:

1. Why the 64 Caco looks like the PC PE is beyond me, but I prefer the PC caco - it somehow appeals to me more with its red colour and smaller, green eye.
2. Both the Hell Knight and the Baron of Hell in 64 look kinda cartoonish imo - this doesn't mean that I don't like them, but I just prefer PC Doom's more powerful-looking Barons/Knights.

Oh yeah, and I've downloaded a few of Doom 64's music tracks - didn't appeal to me (putting it mildly) - ambient sounds which appear to be thrown randomly together ain't my taste.

I had one that I wanted to show you ling, I even IMed you about it, well now I lost it in the format so oh well =P

EDIT: btw, the new monster pics are too bright compared to the others.

if you click the link from the link he gave you see it. The cd is soo fake. I'd be better to just find a original doom box enlarged cut it out of that and shrink it.