Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Johnsen

Kim "Mutator" Malde passed away

I beat Alien Vendetta, and I'm thinking of having another round again. Great megawad with excellent architecture, well-detailed maps, and addictive gameplay. Kim Malde's Map20 is certainly a magnum opus. So huge and complex, it could easily qualify as a map for Eternal Doom, along with several other huge, lengthy maps found in the megawad. Wish I could have known Kim, his maps are astoundingly beautiful. RIP again.

What's even more amazing about map 20 is that it completely complies with vanilla limits.

My sincerest condolences to Anders J. and any others on this board who
knew him personally. It seems somewhat "empty" to go on talking about a computer game to honor a human being, but for us who never met him, it's the only way of writing an epitaph.

I remember when AV was released - to me it was the perfect megawad, surpassing the MMs and HRs in gameplay, and rivaling Eternal III in style.

To this date, it remains my favourite PWAD ever, and the levels signed Anders J. and Kim A.M. are truly inspirational. I would go as far as to say AV and Eternal III are the only reasons I've stuck with playing and mapping for the vanilla .exe all these years. It's only a few months since I last played through the best levels in AV, almost 12 (?) years since i played them for the first time, and I know I will play them again. I think this says a lot about the effort that was put into this work.

Gone, but never forgotten. Rest in peace...

i know its been said a bunch of times already, but- jeez, *another* doom person dead! i'm amazed anyones left. is there some ticked off member of the boards going around and taking us out? :/

anyways i didn't know the guy but i remember that wad, it was good.
sorry to hear about all this. back home he goes.

Damn, another Doomer bites the dust... My condolences to his friends and family :(

EDIT: Wait a second, there was another Doomer who passed away this month?! D:

Lizardcommando said:

EDIT: Wait a second, there was another Doomer who passed away this month?! D:

Link

I'm sorry to hear, Andy.

I remember first getting to know him during Crucified Dreams. He had made what was among one of the most detailed and awesome-looking maps in the project, and the project was headed by none other than Afterglow. His authorship stuck with me ever since.

It sucks to lose someone.

I don't believe in that it's the end when we die. I believe in souls and spirits and many aspects of various religions. I find it comforting in my belief that people never die and disappear, but they can just no longer be with us, regrettably. It's not the end of the world, neither for them, or us.

But there is a time ahead that one has to use to accept that reality has changed a little.

Thoughts can travel very far, in any direction.

Jeez, it's getting hard to keep up with the amount of deaths in this community. It's depressing becasue not one of the dead were particularly old.

Later, Kim.

just saw this thread. judging from AV map 20 alone, i have no doubt that Kim was ready to unleash something huge. i hope we get to see it someday.

R.I.P.

Man, im so sorry about this loss. Map 10 and Map 20 from AV were easily among my favorites of the mapset, and its such a shame to see such talent gone. RIP

He also made map 23: Blood Sacrifice, which is one of my favorite levels.

All of his stuff is really good, shame he passed away at such a young age.

not this kind of sad news again... you get used with reading people's names in this community, and suddenly they're no more.

what a work of art, simply beautiful.

rest in peace, and all other fellow doomers who passed away.

Wow I come back to DW forums afters months of busy life and a great mapper from the 90s passes away :'(

RIP Kim

Aw man...
AV map20 was always the one map I dreaded and loved to play.
So easy to get lost in but so damn gorgeous.

Deepest condolences.
R.I.P.