Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Requesting 2 Skies I Want

Hey guys, I have some skies I would like. First off I would like to have a sky that's a mix of the colors red, orange and yellow. I also want the sky with a sunset and a few clouds, but not too many clouds.

Another sky I would like is a hellish red sky that has scary faces along with dangerous gray mountains. Here's an example, only I want the mountains to be gray instead of brown:

I also need help on what mountains I should use. Should I use the mountains that the sky came with or should I use one of these sets of mountains?:

Either way I would like the mountains recolored gray. Also, here's the face texture if you need it, only recolor it red:

I got the two mountain textures from the Psyren Texture Packwhich can be found here.

Meh, they could be polished a bit more, but it should be enough to help you decide what you go with:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm still looking for a sky that has a mix of the colors red, orange and yellow. I also want the sky with a sunset and a few clouds, but not too many clouds. I also want the sky to be 256 pixels wide and 128 pixels tall like the other classic skies you see in the Doom games.

NitroactiveStudios said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm still looking for a sky that has a mix of the colors red, orange and yellow. I also want the sky with a sunset and a few clouds, but not too many clouds. I also want the sky to be 256 pixels wide and 128 pixels tall like the other classic skies you see in the Doom games.

The problem with it being 256 wide with a sunset is that you'll have 4 suns in the game, heh. I'll see if I can come up with something that isn't too butchered in the default palette.

//EDIT: Grr... shit palette is shit. Not going well.

DooMAD said:

The problem with it being 256 wide with a sunset is that you'll have 4 suns in the game, heh. I'll see if I can come up with something that isn't too butchered in the default palette.

I see your point. If you can't make a sunset sky that doesn't make more than one sun then I'll use Pottus' sky.

And thanks for your sky Pottus.

K, giving up. If you decide to map for a port with true colour, it would turn out much nicer and you could have any of these:

But for vanilla this is the best I can manage:

Quite shit, really.

Thanks DooMAD, I'll decide which one of these skies I'll use for episode 2 of my megawad.

Also, the hellish sky is for episode 3.

Is Final Doom classic enough? Because it has several 1024x128 and 512x128 skies.

Gez said:

Is Final Doom classic enough? Because it has several 1024x128 and 512x128 skies.

I see that, but I wonder how they can get 2 to 4 graphics in one sky?

Edit: Never mind, I found a way how to do it in this thread I found.

DooMAD said:

K, giving up. If you decide to map for a port with true colour, it would turn out much nicer and you could have any of these:

But for vanilla this is the best I can manage:

Quite shit, really.

You need to gray scale first then load/remap a palette that contains only the colors you want for the image otherwise you'll get a lot of undesired remapping when the Doom palette is applied.