Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Khorus and Kristus play Coop.

In an insanely egomaniacal manner, Kristus and Khorus are playing Coop through their own shit. Starting off with massaging Kristus ego by playing his episode 3 Heretic WAD Curse of D'sparil.

Part 1: Map01 of Curse of D'sparil

kristus said:

In an insanely egomaniacal manner, Kristus and Khorus are playing Coop through their own shit.

That's a good idea actually, a mutual backslapping ego-massage. I'd try to arrange something similar if I'd released anything I was particulary inclined to co-op through.

I've noticed a lot of people opening and then backing away from doors before going through, like you're doing here. What's up with that?

Vordakk said:

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Post you DOOM video! [but don't quote video]" thread? :)

This is where the "egomaniacal" part comes into play.

qoncept said:

I've noticed a lot of people opening and then backing away from doors before going through, like you're doing here. What's up with that?

To not get shot in your face.

Exactly. In fast difficulty modes, the monsters start to shoot you when they see your feet, and when you finally get to see them, their fireballs are already in your face.

It's also a vestigial thing you can get from doing speedruns. Since it takes a second or so to accelerate to full Doomguy Speed(tm), if you back up and time it correctly, you can go through the door at full speed.

At least, that's what it feels like, it could all perhaps be a placebo ;-P

qoncept said:

Is that not what we do in real life? Or maybe I'm just weird...

It's normal and many players do it. You pull back a bit while the door is rising to have space to accelerate for when the door is open enough to pass. It can also help somewhat to keep attackers next to the door on the other side at bay, like kristus noted. And just standing there as the door rises is kind of boring, anyhow. So really, what's with people who don't do it?

PRIMEVAL said:

Down in my hood we just prime the BFG and then hit the door switch.

qoncept said:

I do this in every game I play for both reasons already mentioned. If you watch cops you will see them do the same thing to an extend. Just rushing in through a door can be suicide.

PRIMEVAL said:

I'd say I do it half the time in real life... get it?

PRIMEVAL said:

I don't walk through a lot of overhead doors. If I open a swinging door away from me I don't back up. If I open a swinging door toward me I do back up.

I've been lazy with the uploads. Map04 part 1 is up now.

We recorded a couple of other things, too, which I will start to upload soon. zomg

Sitting on the train to göteborg now. Will be home soon. KGonna pester you to get more of them up. :p

Too bad that the Doom 3 gameplay wouldn`t record.