Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Police: Shooting at Colorado movie theater

Nope. Talking about it would make it some political thing and you'd get a lot of people not feeling bad for the victims. That's the way it should be. Even if there was gun control this guy could have bought illegal guns and smuggled them in.

geo said:

If he's smart enough to make it explode, why didn't he set it to explode after 12 hours if he didn't return.

From what I've read, he left the radio on REAL LOUD. Probably working on the assumption that one of his neighbors would eventually be fed up enough to call the cops, and they'd force entry if a knock at the door wasn't answered in a timely manner, which would trigger the explosives. In other words - he hoped to kill more people and there's no guarantee a timer would do so.

Gez said:

It is not, actually. To the contrary, it incites those who have -- including accidentally -- crossed the threshold to be increasingly violent, since they don't have anything to lose so murdering thousands is better than getting caught.

"According to their court confession, Radebe and his co-accused Sipho Mbele, 21, realised that the couple’s son, if left alive, may be able to identify them to police."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179171/Walkerville-family-murders-Horrific-death-boy-12-drowned-boiling-water-robbers-raped-mother.html#ixzz21novmhh6

No matter what the sentence, real killers will still kill witnesses, even in South Africa where they usually end up serving less than 10 years. I'm not pro death penalty in any case other than first degree murder, and it should be proven that beyond any reasonable doubt that a murder was preordained, so that exempts people who have crossed a threshold "accidentally".

OT: Just my two cents on gun control, I live under a murderous Fascist government that's moving the country towards a totalitarian Communistic state while inciting class warfare, and being behind the farm murders while at the same time trying to take guns away from farmers (I wonder why?), with a police force that openly admits it's lost the war on crime, where guns are easier to get illegally than legally, which destroys the perceived "purpose" of gun control anyway, so I can honestly say fuck gun control (in the context of my country ofcourse). And the safest society in the world has no gun control.

Craigs said:

Deep down, are we all the same as our shooter here?

Yeah, that's probably what Harris thought before the Columbine attack... fuckin' psychos...

[PROTOTYPE] said:

Yeah, that's probably what Harris thought before the Columbine attack... fuckin' psychos...

I thought you got banned for all your threads about going onto the streets and slicing people up

I still like how the media didn't really spread the news on the story of the old man shooting those cyber cafe punks.

Platinum Shell said:

I thought you got banned for all your threads about going onto the streets and slicing people up

Nigga that's street life. It's way different than someone shooting up whitey.

DeathevokatioN said:

And the safest society in the world has no gun control.

In what universe does America have "no gun control"?

Even if there was gun control this guy could have bought illegal guns and smuggled them in.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do something like that? Especially getting thousands of rounds of ammunition?

Wagi said:

In what universe does America have "no gun control"?

rofl somebody's deluded.

edit: to be clear, "America" is not the world's "safest society" by any stretch and I'm a little dumbfounded at the thought that someone even believes that.

Mogul said:

edit: to be clear, "America" is not the world's "safest society" by any stretch and I'm a little dumbfounded at the thought that someone even believes that.

The logic is simple:
A: Safety is generally considered a positive trait
B: America, Fuck Yeah!
A & B: America is the safest society in the world universe.

Mogul said:

rofl somebody's deluded.

I never said America was the safest place in the world. I don't know how you can possibly even come to that conclusion when somehow I never mentioned America even once in my post. But hey, America, Fuck Yeah! I guess?

I was actually referring to Switzerland.

There are harsh gun control laws here in South Africa but it hasn't stopped us from being one of the murder capitals of the world, and hasn't stopped over 200000 people since 1994 being murdered, all gun control laws did was open up niche black markets which in turn funded crime syndicates, oh yeah and then taking guns away from law abiding citizens who could have possibly defended themselves but are now dead.

first of all: there are countries with lower intentional homicide rate than switzerland. some of them, like japan, have freakish gun control laws.

second of all: the switzerland example is intentionally twisted and misused by gun afficionados. as far as i know, there are several huge factors that make switzerland an exception... and i don't mean just being filthy rich from all the stolen jewish gold and stowed away 1% money and living without a worry in the world. the swiss are required to conscript, so every able-bodied adult has military gun training. the assault weapons they keep at home stay at home, carrying weapons outside requires special permit and it is not usual for regular folks to obtain one. the swiss gun culture actually truly fulfills the idea of the american 2nd amendment (defend your country) while in usa it got twisted out of proportions by gun afficionados who use it as an umbrella term for anything weapon-related.

DeathevokatioN said:

I never said America was the safest place in the world. I don't know how you can possibly even come to that conclusion when somehow I never mentioned America even once in my post.

It was in reaction to Wagi's post ("safest society in the world? Clearly you are speaking about the USA! But we have too much gun control :(!") rather than yours.

^ yep.

Wagi's post infers he was talking about the United States in referencing the world's safest country's gun laws.