Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

techbase/uac wads

I'm looking for a multi-level wad that entirely/almost entirely has a techbase theme (or at least, non-hellish levels). Also, a wad where the theme is the UAC running something like top-secret experiments/where something has gone disastrously wrong, but NOT involving hellspawn, opening gates to a dimension of hell, etc. It doesn't matter if monsters are used or not, as long as there is no story going something like "The base has been overrun with the legions of hell and now it's your job to clean them out" sort of thing.

Generally, to justify the presence of imps and barons everywhere, the theme will be "the base has been overrun by monsters". It might change the demons into mutants (like in Action Doom or Doom Resurrection), but it's still going to be the same thing in the end.

Gez said:

Generally, to justify the presence of imps and barons everywhere, the theme will be "the base has been overrun by monsters". It might change the demons into mutants (like in Action Doom or Doom Resurrection), but it's still going to be the same thing in the end.

Something like Icarus would be alright. I remember it having different parts of the ship for different levels, and the "hellish" areas being explained away as being a simulation. Since the dominant theme is being on the ship, this didn't bother me in the slightest.